The main section of the shack has a similar layout to other shacks in Point Lookout, but with the exception of a large amount of traps in and around it, and an unusual basement.
In the shack's basement you will find two connected cages, with a swamplurk in one and swamp ghouls in the other. They are hostile towards one another. An electric switch allows you to open a door between the cages to unleash the swamplurk on the ghouls. You will also find a workbench off to the left.
- A miniature bottle of Nuka-Cola Quantum can be found in the swamplurk's cage in the cellar. It is on top of the two safes.
- A strange meat pie in the cellar in the cooler on the left. You may need to pick up or move some dog meat in order to find it. This is the only one outside Andale.
- A Stealth Boy on a table in the bedroom.
- Inside the house, the cabinet to the right of the refrigerator contains a grenade bundle trap. Opening the cabinet will drop 3 live frag grenades on you unless it is disarmed upon opening the door. There are also bear traps strewn about all over the shacks floor, and an open one on the counter.
- The swamplurk is leveled and will be a swamplurk queen at higher levels; it will quickly mow down the ghouls with its acid attack.
- Prepare for a fight. You will be ambushed when you leave the basement, similar to the shed in the Capital Wasteland settlement of Andale.
- The ambush consists of approximately four swampfolk, usually a couple of scrappers and trappers but a brawler can also spawn all with their usual array of weapons. They have also cleverly set frag mines in a semi circle around the entrance/exit of the cellar, so keep an eye out for those.
- In the basement, in the broken freezer, there are assorted meats, such as mirelurk meat and ant meat but the most distinguishing item in the freezer is a deathclaw hand and a small strange meat pie in the corner. You will also find the only radscorpion poison glands in Point Lookout.
- In the basement, there is the skin of a mole rat as a welcome mat at the very front.
- There is a workbench here with most of the equipment in the shack to make a lot of the constructed items - deathclaw gauntlet, bottle cap mine etc.