| ||This page is about the simulated location. For the quest and achievement/trophy of the same name, see Tranquility Lane.|
Accept your perceived reality.”— Fallout 3 loading screen
Historical algorithms engaged. Processing Capital Post articles. Extrapolating American cultural references.”— Fallout 3 loading screen
Vault 112 was one of the last vaults to be constructed. The construction started in November 2068, and finished in June 2074. It was designed to accommodate only 85 occupants, who would be suspended in a virtual reality world for the indefinite duration of the vault's experiment. The simulator was designed by Dr. Stanislaus Braun, inventor of the Garden of Eden Creation Kit, and initially contained several simulated utopias. The system should have permitted a select few to live a "perfect life" virtually, if not practically, forever.
What Vault 112's occupants didn't know was that once they entered the virtual reality pods, Braun would exercise complete control over the simulation; they had no means of leaving on their own. They became his playthings, completely at his mercy. Dr. Braun, after becoming bored of various simulated worlds, would proceed to virtually "kill" each one of them. When he finished "killing" the vault's population, he would wipe their memory, resurrect them within the next simulation, and proceed to murder them yet again.
The following are the residents that "live" in Tranquility Lane:
- Stanislaus Braun, as "Betty"
- Old Lady Dithers
- Mabel Henderson
- Mabel Henderson's Mr. Handy
- George Neusbaum
- Pat Neusbaum
- Timmy Neusbaum
- Roger Rockwell
- Janet Rockwell
- Martha Simpson
- Bill Foster
The abandoned house contains a hidden terminal which allows the player to complete the Tranquility Lane quest without satisfying Betty's morbid sense of entertainment.
The Dithers residence is the home of Old Lady Dithers.
- The code for the simulation's failsafe (in the abandoned house) is: broken radio, glass pitcher, garden gnome, glass pitcher, cinder block, garden gnome, empty soda bottle. The tones made by activating these items in the correct order make up part of Tranquility Lane's background music.
- Since the Pip-Boy has been replaced with a Vault Boy watch, mission objectives will constantly flash at the right of the screen as compensation. Also, weapons and clothing are always automatically equipped.
- Tranquility Lane bears an extremely strong resemblance (same center playground, surrounded buy nearly identical circle of houses) to Fairline Hill Estates in Fallout 4. It is almost certain that the simulation replicates this community (or, at least, that it replicates a recurring design used by Fairline Hill Estates).
- pc ps3 xbox360 Before entering the Vault it is recommended to instruct your followers to wait inside Smith Casey's Garage and save the game, because it's possible that one (or more?) of the followers (e.g. Charon) may disappear after leaving Vault 112 or the Tranquility Lane simulation. If the companions enter the Vault with the Lone Wanderer, they may automatically be fired. It may take a long time for them to reappear. [verified]