Trail mix is a combination of nuts, fruits, and breakfast cereal taken on long hiking trips or camping expeditions. It's intended to be high in calories, carbohydrates, and saturated fats to maintain energy during long periods of physical exertion.
Compared to the similar caravan lunch, trail mix weighs a half-pound more per unit and adds 3 Radiation when eaten (most likely from the Sugar Bombs). However, trail mix heals an extra 2 Hit Points per second over the same duration. It also provides +5 Action Points. In Hardcore mode, however, trail mix recovers 50 less Starvation than the caravan lunch.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+6 Hit Point for 15s, +6 Action points for 30s||-180 Starvation|
|20||+7 Hit Point for 15s, +7 Action points for 30s||-210 Starvation|
|30||+8 Hit Point for 15s, +8 Action points for 30s||-240 Starvation|
|40||+9 Hit Point for 15s, +9 Action points for 30s||-270 Starvation|
|50||+10 Hit Point for 15s, +10 Action points for 30s||-300 Starvation|
|60||+11 Hit Point for 15s, +11 Action points for 30s||-330 Starvation|
|70||+12 Hit Point for 15s, +12 Action points for 30s||-360 Starvation|
|80||+13 Hit Point for 15s, +13 Action points for 30s||-390 Starvation|
|90||+14 Hit Point for 15s, +14 Action points for 30s||-420 Starvation|
|100||+15 Hit Point for 15s, +15 Action points for 30s||-450 Starvation|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
This item can be crafted by the player.
fresh apple (1)
fresh pear (1)
pinyon nuts (1)
Sugar Bombs (1)
Trail mix (1)
- 2 in a duffle bag, at the top of one of the cement factory's conveyor belts opposite to the Boulder City train station.
- Honest Hearts 1 in the north section of Glass Chime cave, among 2 lunchboxes and some other consumables.
- Honest Hearts 1 next to a skeleton in the north section of Sweet Flower cave.
- Trail mix uses a lunchbox as its Pip-Boy icon and world model, though a lunchbox is not required to make it.
- Prior to Patch 126.96.36.199x, trail mix required 5 pinyon nuts to craft.