Tragic the Garnering
So you deal to the third player unless it's Thursday? Ok, I think I got it now.”— The Chosen One
Tragic the Garnering™ is a collectible card game. The cards are quest items in Fallout 2. Wooz, the Gecko bartender, is probably the only person left who knows how to play it. Known cards are Vox Muby, and Black Dahlia. One of the kinds of cards in the game is called Earths. Tragic players are not looked kindly upon, both in pre and post-War society.
- "This isn't just a game, it's a way of life - and it sure can be addicting." – Fallout 2 Official Strategies & Secrets
- "Tragic the Garnering™ is the most addictive thing since Jet." - Wooz
- "Well, Tragic the Garnering™ isn’t just a game -- it’s an obsession. Not a cologne, either. Some think that the way it changes a person’s life is tragic, but they just don’t understand." - Wooz
- "So you deal to the third player unless it's Thursday? Ok, I think I got it now." - The Chosen One
- "Looks like it could be an expensive hobby if you got hooked" - In-game message
- A deck can be found in the same locker as the Tanker FOB in Navarro.
- Another deck can be found in Vic's store in Klamath.
- Two decks can be found in Gecko. One in Gordon's house, the other in the Gecko's nuclear power plant.
Tragic the Garnering™ appears only in Fallout 2, though it is mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas; at the H&H tool factory. Human resources did not want any employees of H&H to have anything to do with Tragic players.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Tragic the Garnering™ is a parody of Magic: the Gathering. Even the names of cards are similar - Vox Muby is an equivalent of Mox Ruby, Black Dahlia of Black Lotus and 'Earths' are the equivalent of 'Lands'.
- Wooz's remark that it's 'not a cologne' is a reference to the Calvin Klein brand of cologne: 'Obsession'.