| ||For an overview of knife models in the Fallout series of games, see knife.|
The toy knife is visually identical to the kitchen knife, but is apparently only a toy version, possessing the lowest damage and durability of any weapon in the game. In addition, it cannot be used to repair other weapons or repaired without the help of a merchant, making it impractical for anything other than serving as a collector's item.
The toy knife can successfully strike about 200 times from full condition before breaking.
- Slasher knife - Appears in Tranquility Lane and can only be obtained outside of the simulation through console commands.
- Ant's Sting - Obtained by siding with the AntAgonizer in The Superhuman Gambit, Ant's Sting is slightly stronger than the regular knife, and deals poison damage over time.
- Ritual knife - Even more powerful than the Ant's Sting, the ritual knife only uses 12 AP for each V.A.T.S. attack.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Effect damage and duration||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
The toy knife can be found directly south of Turtledove Detention Camp, close to a yellow sign that is near the road (which is visible on the world map). With ones back to the sign, turn until one sees a relatively long and impassible line made of bushes to the west / northwest. It is hidden behind it, sitting on a wooden crate with a hockey mask.
- The toy knife uses the least amount of Action Points of any weapon.
- The toy knife is the most fragile weapon in the game.
- It can only be repaired by merchants.
- Despite being a toy, the skin used is the same as its vanilla counterpart, the knife.
Behind the scenesEdit
As the knife is found with a hockey mask, it is most likely a nod to the Friday the 13th films, which all feature a serial killer who uses a machete and wears a hockey mask.
Playstation 3 Sometimes, the toy knife, the hockey mask and even the box disappear. To fix it, reload a save from before going to Point Lookout. [verified]