| ||For an overview of knife models in the Fallout series of games, see knife.|
The toy knife is visually identical to the kitchen knife, but is apparently only a toy version, possessing the lowest damage and durability of any other weapon in the game. In addition, it cannot be used to repair other weapons or repaired without the help of a merchant, making it impractical for anything other than serving as a collector's item.
The toy knife can successfully strike about 200 times from full condition before breaking.
- Slasher knife - Appears in Tranquility Lane and can only be obtained outside of the simulation through console commands.
- Ant's Sting - Obtained by siding with the AntAgonizer in The Superhuman Gambit, Ant's Sting is slightly stronger than the regular knife, and deals poison damage over time.
- Ritual knife Point Lookout (add-on) - Even more powerful than the Ant's Sting, the ritual knife only uses 12 AP for each V.A.T.S. attack.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Effect damage and duration||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Ritual knife fo3pl||6||18||3||x3||18||12||1||1333||1||20||20|
|Toy knife fo3pl||1||3||3||x1||10||10||0.2||200||1||20||20|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
The toy knife can be found directly south of Turtledove Detention Camp, close to a yellow sign that is near the road (which is visible on the world map). With your back to the sign, turn until you see a relatively long and impassible line made of bushes to the west / north west. It is hidden behind it, sitting on a wooden crate with a hockey mask.
- The toy knife uses the least amount of Action Points of any weapon.
- The toy knife is the most fragile weapon in the game.
- It can only be repaired by merchants.
- Despite being a toy, the skin used is the same as its vanilla counterpart, the knife.
Behind the scenesEdit
As the knife is found with a hockey mask, it is most likely a nod to the Friday the 13th films, which all feature a serial killer who uses a knife and wears a hockey mask.
ps3 Sometimes, the toy knife, the hockey mask and even the box disappear. To fix it, reload a save before going to Point Lookout. [verified]