I suppose there's no point in denying it any longer. I killed Corporal White to protect Westside's self-reliance. It was rash, and I regret it now. We don't have the money to pay for the water, so I rigged the pump station to divert water to the local cisterns from time to time.”
Many of the citizens of Westside say that Anderson's assistance is the main reason why Westside can grow crops, and therefore survive. One could argue that he is the reason citizens there do much better than they do in Freeside.
Despite having the good opinion of most of Westside's citizens, Tom has a troubled past which may explain his separation from other Followers of the Apocalypse. As documented in Anderson's confession, he has broken the law many times due to his belief in the maxim "the end justifies the means." He has even committed murder, killing an NCR trooper to cover his diversion of water to Westside to prevent local crop failure. Unknown to him, the water is contaminated, as the Courier will discover in the quest Hard Luck Blues.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc grunt outfit
|Laser pistol||Drained small energy cells||Anderson's confession|
- Tom has a Pip-Boy on his arm, so he may have grown up in a vault.
- Tom may glitch out of his cell after he turns himself in. Anderson walks out of Camp McCarran and you can converse with him normally.
- When asked about the co-op, the actor will say the "co-op is lead by Clayton," when he means "run by Clayton" as the subtitles say.
- He pronounces Clayton Etienne's name incorrectly, as "E-TIN-EE."
- "I'm with the Followers of the Apocalypse, and I help the locals in Westside grow crops. Unlike the NCR, the Followers don't expect anything back."
- "The bottom line for NCR is productivity and growth. Politicians back in Shady Sands are completely detached from the people actually living here."
- "I suppose there's no point in denying it any longer. I killed Corporal White to protect Westside's self-reliance. It was rash, and I regret it now. We don't have the money to pay for the water, so I rigged the pump station to divert water to the local cisterns from time to time."
Tom Anderson appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tom shares his name (and uncannily similar appearance) with the co-founder and former president of MySpace, Tom Anderson.
- ps3 While in prison in the Camp McCarran terminal building, Anderson may still talk as though he were still in Westside. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Anderson can disappear into the wall of his apartment though he remains on your radar, if this happens prior to the White Wash quest, the quest becomes impossible to finish. [verified]
- xbox360 Even though you can find him in the prison at the Camp McCarran terminal building at the end of the quest, you can still find him in Westside. There will be two non-player characters of Anderson. [verified]