| ||This page is about the miscellaneous item. For the character that appears in Old World Blues, see Toaster (character).|
Post-War (left), pre-War (right)
There are two variants of toasters to be found in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, a pre-War and a post-War version. The ultra rare pre-War toaster only exists in Vault 101 and select shops, whereas the post-War version is found all over the Capital Wasteland. Both versions can be bought from various shops. In New Vegas, two pre-War versions can be found on the bottom floor of the Ultra-Luxe kitchen, near the freezer. There is also one inside the Vault 21 gift shop on the shelves above the desk on the right. They may also be purchased from the same gift shop. The design of the toaster is somewhat old-fashioned, even for the 50's retro-futurism of Fallout. It bears a strong resemblance to the 1909 Simplex T211 toaster - a two-slice side-loading model which toasts one side of the bread at a time, a design more likely to be found in the 20's or 30's; by the 50's, essentially modern style top-loading toasters with more streamlined casings were becoming common.
- One of the few pre-War toasters can be found behind the counter in Vault 101's cafeteria where your tenth birthday was held.
- The Pitt (add-on) Another post-War toaster is located on the Pitt Bridge where the sniper is found.
- There is a post-War toaster located in an abandoned shack. The toaster is lying with a skeleton in a bathtub, indicating that the person may either have committed suicide by dropping the toaster in the water or has been killed by someone else who put the toaster in the water.
- Broken Steel With a total of 5 toasters, Hank's Electrical Supply is probably the place with the most post-War toasters in the game.
- Pre-War toasters can be bought from Crazy Wolfgang after fully investing in him.
- A pre-War toaster can be bought from a store in Tenpenny Tower, the vendor will even restock them and sometimes carry two at a time.
- Mothership Zeta (add-on) A post-War Toaster can be found in the engineering core.
- There is one in a raider camp south of Dukov's Place. You will probably find it on a shelf.
- There is a post-War toaster on the counter in the Town Hall.
- There is a toaster that you can steal in Silver's House in Springvale.
- There is a pre-War toaster on the ground in the kitchen in Vault 101 during the quest Escape!
- There is a pre-War toaster in the CO Quarters of Fort Constantine
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- Toasters can randomly be bought from merchants like Chet, Old Lady Gibson or Johnson Nash. You will not find toasters in the inventories of high-quality vendors like Alexander, the arms merchant or the Vendortron.
- 4 in the House Resort
- 2 in the Searchlight NCR storage and 2 in the Searchlight fire station
- A pre-War toaster can be found in Vault 21, on the shelf above the counter.
- Another pre-War toaster can be found in Nelson, in the kitchen area of the house east of the barracks. (when facing North).
- There are 2 toasters on the 3rd floor of Nipton Hall.
- There are 2 toasters in the Wins hideout.
- There is a pre-War toaster in the Coyote Mine house.
- Dead Money There is a pre-War toaster in the kitchen of the Sierra Madre casino on one of the counters.
- Dead Money There is a pre-War toaster in the Sierra Madre Casino, sitting on a Sunset Sarsaparilla crate in the hall just outside the metal Emergency Door to Cantina Madrid.
- Old World Blues (add-on) About 12 pre-War toasters can be found on or around the shrine built in The Cuckoo's Nest.
- The toaster is fairly rare, found only in a few locations around the wasteland.
- In the add-on Old World Blues, you can take toasters to the Toaster in The Sink and have him convert them into their base components (three microfusion cells, five energy cells, and one Scrap electronics).
Behind the scenesEdit
In Fallout 3, after disarming the nuke in Megaton, Three Dog mentions that his toaster needs repair on the radio when describing your exploit. It may be a subtle reference to Wasteland's oddly named yet surprisingly useful skill of toaster repair, where the player could repair broken toasters for various items.