Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To the Mattresses is a Railroad radiant quest in Fallout 4. It consists of a chain of six quests. After completing the quest The Nuclear Option, the Sole Survivor should speak with Desdemona. She will tell the Survivor that since The Institute is no longer a threat, the L&L Gang is now the greatest threat to The Railroad. She will assign the the Sole Survivor to eliminate one of the gang bosses.
- Kill the targeted L&L Gang Boss.
- Report back to Desdemona.
The target locations are randomly picked, however the bosses will always appear in this order:
- Andrew station
- Back Street Apparel
- BADTFL regional office
- Beantown Brewery
- Camp Kendall
- Corvega assembly plant
- D.B. Technical High School
- Drug den
- Dunwich Borers
- East Boston Preparatory School
- Easy City Downs
- Federal ration stockpile
- Hardware Town
- Hyde Park
- Kendall Hospital
- Layton Towers
- Monsignor Plaza
- Poseidon Energy
- Quincy Quarries
- Revere Beach station
- Saugus Ironworks
- The Shamrock Taphouse
- Thicket Excavations
- USAF Satellite Station Olivia
- Walden Pond
- Wreck of the FMS Northern Star
Behind the scenesEdit
The name of the quest is a reference to the term "go to the mattresses", a mafia term which means to go to war with another gang or family. The name comes from the practice of renting out safe apartments and laying down mattresses for a mafia family's soldiers to sleep on while preparing for making a move against a rival. Most notably, the saying was used in the movie The Godfather, the novel of the same name by Mario Puzo, and the TV show The Sopranos.
- ps4 Desdemona refers to Glory as deceased during initial dialogue for the first mission instance, regardless of whether or not Glory has been killed. Occurs if one sides with Brotherhood up until Tactical Thinking, then follows the Institute Quest line up until Mass Fusion, then sides with the Brotherhood. Glory will still be alive even though a normal play through would have seen her die.[verified]
- If the target spawns in Quincy Quarries, they may be killed by the radiation before the user gets to them.[verification overdue][platforms tag needed]
- If the target spawns in Kendall Hospital, they can be killed by the deathclaw in the bowels of the hospital. By tossing a grenade at the barred back door, and moving close to the sealed security door in the following area will enable the target and creature inside. This also makes you unable to complete the quest.[verification overdue][platforms tag needed]
- On occasion Desdemona will cease to communicate, making completion of additional quests impossible.