Tim Cain in 2008
My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun.”— Tim Cain
Interplay Entertainment (August 1991 - January 1998)Edit
Troika Games (April 1998 - February 2005)Edit
After leaving Interplay, he set up Troika Games with Leonard Boyarsky and Jason D. Anderson. He was a project leader and lead programmer on Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and The Temple of Elemental Evil. He also worked as a programmer on Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Troika's last game.
Carbine Studios (August 2005 - July 2011)Edit
After Troika' shutdown in 2005, he joined as the programming director at Carbine Studio working on Wildstar, a fantasy MMO game for NCSoft. He was promoted to design director in October 2007. Cain left Carbine Studios in July 2011.
Obsidian Entertainment (October 2011 - Present)Edit
In October 2011 he announced that he is joining Obsidian Entertainment as a Senior Programmer under a contract and would eventually leave the company. On February 20, 2012, Tim decided that he will not leave Obsidian, but will join the company and work full time.
- Typing "boom", on the Fallout credits will show an animation of his head exploding.
- In Fallout 2, in Golgotha near New Reno, there is a grave marker with words on it: "Tim Cain. Founder, Lover, Fighter, Programmer."
- Tim Cain's face is the Fallout 2 icon when seen in "My Computer" or on the desktop on a modern OS.
Original game design
|1998||Fallout 2||Original game design|
|?||The Temple of Elemental Evil|
|2013 (forthcoming)||South Park: Stick of Truth|
|2014 (forthcoming)||Project Eternity||senior programmer|
Other Games CreditedEdit
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (2004), Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure, The (2003), Atari
- Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura (2001), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (1997), Interplay
- Atomic Bomberman (1996), Interplay
- Stonekeep (1995), Interplay
- Bard's Tale Construction Set, The (1991), Interplay