Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Throwing hatchets require a Strength of 1 and a Melee Weapons skill of 25 to be used effectively. Like their non-thrown counterparts, throwing hatchets inflict an additional 50% in Limb Damage and are one of the most damaging thrown weapons, with the exception of explosives. However, they are extremely heavy when compared to throwing spears and knives, and are also much less common.
- Tomahawk - an improvised throwing weapon. Honest Hearts
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Hatchet||16||40.6||x1.5 limb damage||2.54||x1||16||22||1.5||1495||2||75||37.5||25||2|
|Throwing hatchet||20||17.6||x1.5 limb damage||0.88||x1||20||22||1.8||4995||2||20||10||25||1|
|Tomahawk||30||19.8||x1.5 limb damage||0.66||x1||30||23||2.6||4995||0.5||75||150||50||3|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Crimson Caravan Company - can be bought from Blake.
- Goodsprings general store - can be bought from Chet.
- Hoover Dam - can be bought from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - can be bought from Mick.
- Red Rock Canyon, Great Khan armory - can be bought from Great Khan armorer.
- Hatchets can be used at much greater ranges than throwing spears or throwing knives, especially in V.A.T.S.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives are more effective when coated with poisons.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives cannot be picked up and re-used once thrown.
- If thrown at a miscellaneous object, such as a glass pitcher, the hatchet will disappear as it makes contact instead of sticking into the object.
- The throwing hatchet has very high item health relative to most other melee weapons, and as such would degrade very slowly, even though you can only attack once with it as it becomes unretrievable once thrown.
pc ps3 xbox360 With Old World Blues installed, the damage and critical damage is reduced to 20. [verified]