The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The basic Thirst Zapper has unlimited ammunition in a sense, unequipping and re-equipping the Thirst Zapper adds a bottle of ammunition to the Sole Survivor's inventory. Upon re-equipping the Thirst Zapper, they can then fully reload it with a bottle that appears similar to the ammunition produced for modified Thirst Zappers.
Finding the Project Cobalt schematics will allow the Sole Survivor to upgrade it into a functional and deadly weapon.
The weaponized Thirst Zapper, when used in V.A.T.S., will home in on enemies as if it had the missile launcher's targeting computer.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Damage per shot change||Fire rate change||Range change||Accuracy change||Magazine capacity (shots per reload) change||Weight change||Weapon value change in caps||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Launcher||Squirt Gun||"Zap your thirst!" (Squirts water.)||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||000000|
|Nuka-Cola Gun||"A splash of refreshment!" (Sprays irradiated Nuka-Cola.)||–||57||1||83||76||1||2||10||Gun Nut 2
Nuclear material x5
|Cherry Gun||"Bursting with flavor!" (Causes a small explosion.)||–||172||1||119||76||1||2||10||Gun Nut 3
Nuclear material x6
|Quantum Gun||"Vaporizes thirst!" (And body parts. Causes a small nuclear explosion.)||–||402||1||119||76||1||2||10||Gun Nut 3
Nuclear material x8
- First obtained during the quest Taken for a Ride.
- Two can be found inside the Nuka-Cade (respawns after some time away).
- One can be found in the Secure beverageer lab, next to the Project Cobalt schematics.
- One can be found in Kiddie Kingdom, on the counter of the Nuka-Zapper Race stand.
- The Thirst-Zapper is advertised on billboards in the Commonwealth as a "Nuka Blaster" and would come free with every box of Nuka-Cola purchased prior to the Great War. One such billboard is located on the eastern edge of the Red Rocket truck stop.
- When weaponized with Quantum, the Thirst Zapper can do as much damage as a Fat Man on certain occasions.
- When outfitted with the Quantum or Cherry ammunition, the damage output is affected by Demolition Expert.
- Despite dealing radiation damage with the Nuka-Cola upgrade, the damage output is not affected by Nuclear Physicist.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.