Things That Go Boom
To the northeast is a settlement, the locals here call them "Boomers". They are sitting on a munitions stockpile that would be invaluable to us.”— Dennis Crocker
|Main Quest: Things That Go Boom|
|Speak with Ambassador Dennis Crocker at the NCR Embassy.|
|Travel to Nellis Air Force Base and ask Pearl how the Boomers can be helped.|
|Complete the Volare! quest chain, including raising the bomber.|
|Return to Crocker at the NCR embassy and report that the Boomers have pledged their support.|
|Reward: 200 XP, 300, 400 or 500 bottle caps and NCR fame.|
|Leads to: Kings' Gambit|
Not yet idolized by the BoomersEdit
- As the Courier is walking the New Vegas Strip, an NCR trooper will approach them and give a message, which asks the Courier to visit Ambassador Dennis Crocker at the NCR Embassy. The embassy is in the last section of the Strip (farthest from the North Gate). Crocker is in the building on the left once upon entering the front gate. Once inside, go through the door on the left to the end of the hall to find Crocker.
- Crocker will ask the Courier to get the Boomers to support the NCR. Follow the map to Nellis Air Force Base and talk to Pearl to learn how to win their support.
- Complete the Volare! quest chain, including raising the bomber.
- Return to Crocker and inform him that they have pledged their support. This will complete the quest and gain the Courier NCR fame.
|1||Ambassador Crocker has told the Courier about the Boomer quest. But it hasn't been accepted yet.|
|2||Convince the Boomers to help the Courier in the upcoming battle.|
|3||Return to Ambassador Crocker and let him know of the results of meeting with the Boomers.|
|4||Quest finished||Return to Ambassador Crocker and let him know the Boomers will help.|
|5||Quest failed||Tell Ambassador Crocker that the Boomers will not help.|
|6||Quest failed||Ambassador Crocker found out that the Courier has already pledged the Boomer's support and is disappointed.|
- This quest disregards reputation with NCR; even if the Courier is Vilified with them, they are still allowed to enter the embassy and talk to Crocker.
- Already being Idolized by the Boomers allows the Courier to bypass this quest.
- Accepting this quest will remove any infamy with the NCR. If the Courier has already met the Boomers, reporting that they will help or that they won't help will also clear any NCR infamy.
- xbox360 pc After telling Crocker you've gained the Boomers' support, an NCR MP will stop you in the hallway, say something about how you "should have paid your dues" and become hostile. He and any other NCR troops in the hallway will attack you, but killing them doesn't result in karma or reputation loss (on PC, reputation may still be lost), and no other NCR troopers become hostile afterwards. [verified]