Thin red paste is a healing item which restores the player's Hit Points when consumed, and also temporarily increases maximum HP by 5 points.
- With the perk Them's Good Eatin', there is a 50% chance that one or more will be in the inventory of any creature killed by the player.
- 3 can be found in X-13 research facility in the room where the player finds the prototype boots, on a table at the room's south end.
- Thin red paste is component of the more potent thick red paste.
- It is considered a "banned" item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- In Hardcore mode it has no effect on the player's Food or H2O meters.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
- HP restoration is increased by Implant Y-7.
- Thin red paste does not restore AP when using this implant.
- The amount healed is not affected by the player's Survival or Medicine skills, as it is not marked as a Food or Medicine item.
- The duration of both effects is affected by the Logan's Loophole trait and the Chemist and Day Tripper perks.
Behind the scenesEdit
Like blood sausage, "thin red paste" is a term used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. As in, "you reduced your enemy to a thin red paste".
- The in-game Pip-Boy description erroneously shows "+7 HP(30s)" instead of +5 Max HP for 240 seconds and +2 HP for 30 seconds.[verification overdue]