Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thin red paste is a healing item which restores the player's Hit Points when consumed, and also temporarily increases maximum HP by 5 points.
- With the perk Them's Good Eatin', there is a 50% chance that one or more will be in the inventory of any creature killed by the player.
- 3 can be found in X-13 research facility in the room where the player finds the prototype boots, on a table at the room's south end.
- Thin red paste is component of the more potent thick red paste.
- It is considered a "banned" item by Caesar's Legion, and will be confiscated when the player travels to The Fort.
- In Hardcore mode it has no effect on the player's Food or H2O meters.
- Restoring health with this item does not count towards the Desert Survivalist challenge.
- HP restoration is increased by Implant Y-7.
- Thin red paste does not restore AP when using this implant.
- The amount healed is not affected by the player's Survival or Medicine skills, as it is not marked as a Food or Medicine item.
- The duration of both effects is affected by the Logan's Loophole trait and the Chemist and Day Tripper perks.
Behind the scenesEdit
Like blood sausage, "thin red paste" is a term used in one of the graphic combat results featured in the combat prose of the Fallout series' spiritual predecessor, Wasteland. As in, "you reduced your enemy to a thin red paste".