Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The thermic lance is an industrial metalworking tool that heats and melts an iron tube packed with iron rods in the presence of pressurized oxygen, producing the high temperatures required for cutting through steel girders and other thick metal objects. It is heavy, but deals considerable damage because its continuous penetrating action allows it to bypass the target's Damage Resistance and Damage Threshold. It is very durable, and also resists damage to itself if hit when used defensively (taking only 0.5% of normal durability damage). However, due to its automatic attack-type, it will degrade at a faster rate than other weapons when used.
Unlike most melee weapons, holding down the attack button when wielding the thermic lance will cause continuous damage to targets in contact with the tip. While it has a relatively low critical damage rating and critical chance multiplier, both are offset by its automatic operation, which gives approximately 5 chances per second to inflict a critical hit.
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point|
- Note: Melee weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
The thermic lance can successfully strike about 9995 times from full condition before breaking.
- Can sometimes be found on Legionary assassins.
- Crimson Caravan Company - sometimes available from Blake.
- Great Khan armory - sometimes available from the Great Khan armorer.
- Gun Runners - sometimes available from the Vendortron.
- Hidden Valley bunker - can be purchased from Torres.
- Hoover Dam - they can be found in the armory.
- Hoover Dam - found on some centurions of Caesar's Legion during the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.
- Mick & Ralph's - sometimes available from Mick's special stock.
- Lonesome Road (add-on) The Divide - sometimes carried by marked men.
- Can sometimes be bought from Quartermaster Bardon.
- The thermic lance's V.A.T.S. attack animation is unusual, due to the automatic nature of the weapon type. The attack is initiated but the automatic damage is not applied, nor does the target act as if harmed, until the end of the attack when the damage is finally applied. It also has a slight knockback effect.
- This weapon can make full use of poisons.
Behind the scenesEdit
Thermic lance is another name for the thermal lance, a real-world metalworking tool.