|Vault-Tec Workshop quest: The Watering Hole|
|Get the Chemical Research from HalluciGen, Inc.|
|Report back to the Overseer.|
|Build and Power the Soda Fountain Prototype.|
|Connect a terminal to the Soda Fountain and select experiment parameters.|
|Let Clem serve soda for an hour.|
|Talk with Clem.|
|Report to the Overseer.|
|Reward: 350 XP|
Soda fountain as a settlement object
|Leads to: Vision of the Future|
The shipment is in the steamer trunk in the final room after navigating the building, which is closest to use the back entrance facing the Charles View Amphitheater once the door is unlocked, if one has cleared it before.
Barstow will then reveal that the next vault productivity 'hazard' is hydration breaks. The notes reveal plans to introduce chemicals into the soda fountain that she wishes to introduce, each with different effects: mood enhancer, appetite suppressant, or generic caffeination. Using a terminal, select which parameters one wishes to apply. Once the option has been set it cannot be changed and various responses from companions may occur.
|Table of companion affinities reaction|
|Quest Parameter selected||Cait||Codsworth||Curie||Paladin Danse||Deacon||Hancock||MacCready||Nick Valentine||Piper||Preston||Strong||X6‑88||Old Longfellow|
|Mood Enhancer||yesyes (before Benign Intervention)|
nono (after Benign Intervention)
|Appetite Suppressant||yesyes (before Benign Intervention)|
nono (after Benign Intervention)
|Asking for caps before tracking down research||yes||no||neutral||no||neutral||neutral||yes||neutral||neutral||no||neutral||yes||neutral|
Allow Clem to serve drinks from the fountain for an hour and await the results from Barstow. Like before, they will reflect what the R&D team in each parameter description discovered. The mood enhancer option will also permanently affect Clem's mood, making him more positively-inclined towards everything.
After completing the quest, the soda fountain can be mass produced. It's located on the Vault tab under Resources, while in workshop mode. The stats of the fountain depend on the experiment option that was chosen, although all versions require 2 units of power regardless of the experiment.
- Selecting the mood-enhancer experiment option makes the fountain provide 15 points of happiness, without any risk of death.
- The appetite suppression option provides 5 points of happiness and 1 unit of food, at the risk of killing random non-essential settler (1% chance per day).
- The regular caffeination option also provides 5 points of happiness, without any risk of death.
pc xboxone Attempting to talk to Clem after he has served drinks for an hour may produce a glitch, where Clem responds "You here to check up? I got a customer right here," but won't progress to the next stage of the quest. The settler who arrived with Clem must be present at the soda fountain so she can talk to Clem before the quest will complete.[verified]
- A possible fix is to wait a few hours and/or leave the vault and re-enter, then she will be standing beside him.[verified]
- It is also important that the Soda Machine is in a location accessible to the settlers. After Clem and the settler finishes their dialogue, the quest stage is complete.