The Third Rail is a bar located in a repurposed subway station. The bar is owned by John Hancock, the mayor of Goodneighbor, but is tended by a Mister Handy with a cockney accent named Whitechapel Charlie.
A singer named Magnolia performs frequently in the Third Rail, making it one of the only places in the entire Commonwealth with live entertainment. Also, MacCready, a potential companion, can be found here.
The Third Rail is a subway station, initially there's a small area with a bathroom to the right and the bouncer Ham. Down the stairs there's the bar, off to the right there's a back room.
- Barnes and Winlock (only when the Sole Survivor enters for the first time)
- Cedric Hopton when he is not in Warwick homestead.
- Multiple drifters.
- Whitechapel Charlie
- Edward Deegan when he is not in Bunker Hill, Cabot House or Dugout Inn.
- Live & Love issue #6 (+5 Damage and Energy Resistance for companions), upon entering the Third Rail, to the right into the restroom, the last stall on top of the back end of the toilet.
- One Nuka-Cola Quantum and two Nuka-Cherry bottles, both owned, on the bar behind Whitechapel Charlie.
- Gwinnett pils recipe holotape on the same bar.
- Bill's letter - Taken from Cedric Hopton.
- Emogene Takes a Lover - Whitechapel Charlie and Magnolia can help the player find Emogene Cabot.
- The Cleaner - After taking a look at Whitechapel Charlie's sales screen, the Sole Survivor can ask the robot for work.
- The Silver Shroud - One needs to ask Whitechapel Charlie to know where Kendra is hiding.
The Third Rail appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The station is based on the real-world State station. Like its real-world counterpart, the station is also located under the Old State House. However, markings on the wall designate the station as "Scollay Square."
- The term "Third Rail" is used by railway workers to call the conductor rail found on electrified railway lines such as those found in subways.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|