| || For the robots that appear in Old World Blues, see think tank.|
For the faction that appears in Old World Blues, see Think Tank (faction).
The Think Tank
The nucleus of this research was the Dome, a huge stone facility that held the labs of every science known to man. It was a think tank where no problem could not be solved, where no question could not be answered.”— Doctor Mobius, Old World Blues intro
The Think Tank is a location in the Big MT. The building itself is in the shape of a dome, surrounded with bright upward-facing bluish-colored projectors. It contains the residence of the five Big MT scientists, as well as the former apartment of Dr. Mobius, known as The Sink.
Once you enter the door to inside the tank, you will enter a room with the elevator to The Sink and a hallway to the central dome. Once in the central dome, there are two sets of stairs on each side which lead to the rooms where the six scientists slept before they became Think Tanks.
Just outside of the Think Tank and in the front is two fenced in areas, the one to the right houses what seems to be sensor arrays or some sort of radar towers. The one on the left, houses what looks like small silos, possibly water or to hold other liquids inside. If you take a right and past the sensor arrays and down the pavement (and taking a right on the pavement, as if you continue on the path straight, you will come up to a destroyed facility with no name, location or entrance.), you will come along towards the X-12 research center, which is a small facility by a few large pipes. From here, if you follow the path down (or north on the compass) you will encounter a number of lobotomites, whom, (depending on your level) will wield various weapons. as you travel along the path you will come across 3 large radar towers fenced in, to the right, along with two large buildings on the left, with no real entrance, but the second building down has a stairway up on it's second floor, where several vending machines and metal boxes are located.
When taking the left, you will soon come across a large green metal pipe that leads you to what appears to be a bridge, where a night stalker will spawn or more, along with several lobotomites. Going down (or north by compass) the pathway will result in seeing a large intersection of pipes trailing towards different directions and 2 large satellite dishes. Beside the second satellite dish, several lobotomites will spawn, armed with various weaponry. Following the large red pipe down will finally lead you to the back part of the Think Tank, where you will see what appears to be two grain silos, three barracks with pipes installed into them, and five smokestacks. Here will have various footlockers, electrical boxes, and metal boxes. Lobotomites could also have a chance to spawn here as well beside the barracks.
- Dr. Klein's glasses - After entering The Think Tank, go all the way to the left to a deluxe chemistry set, they will be next to it on the table.
- Dr. Mobius' glasses - Located on the second floor of the Think Tank, in the easternmost room, just through the average locked door, laying on some papers in front of the file cabinet.
- To pass all checks you will need: Perception 8, Intelligence 9, Barter 90, Medicine 75, Science 100, and Speech 75.
- There is a dead Follower of Apocalypse on the ledge surrounding The Think Tank's dome on the opposite side of the dome. There is a Followers doctor coat and a few stimpaks on the corpse. You need to go to the entrance and run up the ramp and jump for awhile to get there, and go to the back.
- The upgraded sonic emitter will work on the force fields around the Sink Balcony, however, even with the force fields gone, there is still an invisible wall keeping the player from jumping over the railing.