The Tampico is a location within the Sierra Madre and part of the Sierra Madre Casino in 2281. It was meant to serve the guests of the Sierra Madre as the prime source of entertainment with the best pre-War acts and performers around, including Vera Keyes, Dean Domino, and many other popular entertainers. The final encounter with Dean Domino occurs here during Curtain Call at the Tampico.
The theater features a front lobby area upon entry. There is a receptionist desk, which was most likely supposed to check in performers or take tickets from guests. There are two doors, to the left and to the right, which both lead to the same area. However, the one on the right is locked, and a Lockpick skill of 50 is needed to enter. The theater's layout is similar to an "Old World" dinner theater with many tables, chairs, and a large stage in the center. Located in front of the stage is a music stand with Vera's music on it, which contains a hidden key to the backstage. To the right of the stage is a locked door that requires a key. To the left is the main door to get backstage. From north to south, the backstage area has Dean's dressing room (with a hard locked safe and Vera's master key), a large room with crates and props, and Vera's dressing room. Across from her room, there is one small upstairs section with a hologram emitter.
Hologram emitter locationsEdit
There are three security holograms that appear after the backstage key is found, and there is an emitter for each of them in the Tampico theater. Their locations, and the repair skill required to disable each one, are as follows:
- Directly behind the north side backstage door (repair 100), which shuts off the hologram that patrols the southeast corner of the theater.
- Hidden behind the corner couch in the large backstage room to the west (repair 50), which controls the hologram patrolling the north-east side of the theater
- On the stage room staircase wall (repair 75), but inaccessible until the holotape in the projector that overrides any remaining security is played.
- Tampico's front desk terminal password - near two skeletons just in front of the inaccessible door to the stage theater.
- A copy of Lying, Congressional Style can be found on a shelf by the projector.
- An Ace of Clubs - Sierra Madre is on the floor near the metal ramp, through the stage door (next to a wall mounted terminal).
- Vera Keyes' partitures - on the music stand in front of the stage.
- Backstage key - falling out of the partitures.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The name is drawn from the fact that in the 1948 film The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, a lot of the filming was done in Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- The Tampico is a reference to the real-world equivalent to The Tropicana Resort, which resides on the Las Vegas Strip. Dean Martin and The Rat Pack frequented this casino often.