The Strip North Gate
You have entered a restricted area! Exit the gate area or you will be fired upon!”
The Strip North Gate is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. It is one of only two ways to enter The Strip. The only other way to gain access is via the Las Vegas Boulevard Station. You will need to have at least a "Liked" reputation by the NCR to enter through the LVB Station.
The entrance to The Strip is located in the southwest section of Freeside. The area in front of the gate is guarded by five PDQ-88b Securitron gatekeepers, which only grant access to those who are able to pass the credit check of 2,000 caps or passport owners. Note that you do not have to pay 2,000 caps, only have the 2,000 caps in your inventory. The player also has the option to gain access by passing a Science check (80 required). Players can obtain a passport from Ralph, who will sell fake passports to the player after a speech check; it costs 500 caps, or 375 with a Barter check. A squatter also attempts to run past the Securitrons but is killed.
- If you haven't visited the The Strip North Gate yet, taking the monorail from Camp McCarran and going via The Strip, the Securitron gatekeeper will never ask you for a passport or payment.
- Before you first enter The Strip North Gate, where the Freeside thug attempts to get through, and is shot by the Securitrons, you will take damage if you run into their line of fire.
- This is the only entrance to the Strip for normal gamblers and travelers, as the monorail is for NCR personnel only.
The Strip North Gate appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 A bug occurs where in after having the gate unlocked through a passport or chip-check, it will become relocked later with a key only lock. To fix this, enter The Strip via the monorail from Camp McCarran and then leave The Strip via the main gate. The gate will now be unlocked from the outside. If you don't have enough reputation with the NCR to enter the monorail, you may kill a Securitron guarding the entrance with a sniper rifle as shown below.[verified]
- xbox360 An easy way to access the strip at lower levels is to go up to the Securitron gatekeeper who greets you, but before he can initiate conversation, run away. Once you've reached the other end of the street attack him. Members of the Kings will help. Take his key, then return to the Strip North Gate. The other gatekeepers will not be hostile. Simply run through to the gate and enter it. Once on the other side, you can go back at any time to the Strip North Gate and none of the securitrons will be hostile any more.[verified]
- xbox360 After the Securitrons are upgraded from The House Always Wins I the gatekeepers might attack companions who were dismissed and on their way to the presidential suite and will likely result in your companion's permanent death even with Hardcore mode turned off. If this bug occurs you can either send your companion to the the suite from inside New Vegas or dismiss them away from the North Gate and let them instantly travel to the lucky 38.[verified]
- xbox360 When leaving from The Strip the gate may show a "Requires a key" message but will open normally.[verified]