Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You have entered a restricted area! Exit the gate area or you will be fired upon!”
The Strip North Gate is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. It is one of only two ways to enter the Strip. The only other way to gain access is via the Las Vegas Boulevard station. The Courier will need to have at least a "Liked" reputation by the NCR to enter through the LVB station.
The entrance to the Strip is located in the southwest section of Freeside. The area in front of the gate is guarded by five PDQ-88b Securitron gatekeepers, which only grant access to those who are able to pass the credit check of 2,000 caps or passport owners. Note this does not actually require a payment of 2,000 caps, just having the 2,000 caps in the inventory. The Courier also has the option to gain access by passing a Science check (80 required). Alternatively, it is possible to obtain a passport from Ralph, who will sell a fake passport after a Speech check; along with a payment of 500 caps, or 375 with a Barter check. A squatter also attempts to run past the Securitrons but is killed.
- If the Courier hasn't visited the the Strip North gate yet, taking the monorail from Camp McCarran and going via the Strip, the Securitron gatekeeper will never ask for a passport or payment.
- Before first entering the Strip North gate, where the Freeside thug attempts to get through, and is shot by the Securitrons, it is possible to take damage should the Courier pass through their line of fire.
- Sometimes after fast traveling to the Strip North gate, a Freeside thug will turn hostile and attack.
- This is the only entrance to the Strip for normal gamblers and travelers, as the monorail is for NCR personnel only.
- Killing the Squatter even before he gets in range will not trigger anyone into being hostile.
- If the player somehow manages to evade or kill the Securitron guards, the gate cannot be entered as it is locked. The key to enter is found on the Securitron guards.
- If the Securitrons are killed, the key is used, and the gate is revisited, the guards will respawn but are not hostile. The greeter will still ask for a passport as if nothing had happened.
The Strip North Gate appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc ps3 xbox360 A bug occurs where in after having the gate unlocked through a passport or chip-check, it will become relocked later with a key only lock. To fix this, enter The Strip via the monorail from Camp McCarran and then leave the Strip via the main gate. The gate will now be unlocked from the outside. If you don't have enough reputation with the NCR to enter the monorail, you may kill a Securitron guarding the entrance with a sniper rifle as shown below.[verified]
- xbox360 An easy way to access the Strip at lower levels is to go up to the Securitron gatekeeper who greets you, but before he can initiate conversation, run away. Once you've reached the other end of the street attack him. Members of the Kings will help. Take his key, then return to the Strip North gate. The other gatekeepers will not be hostile. Simply run through to the gate and enter it. Once on the other side, you can go back at any time to the Strip North gate and none of the securitrons will be hostile any more.[verified]
- xbox360 After the Securitrons are upgraded from The House Always Wins I the gatekeepers might attack companions who were dismissed and on their way to the presidential suite and will likely result in your companion's permanent death even with Hardcore mode turned off. If this bug occurs you can either send your companion to the the suite from inside New Vegas or dismiss them away from the North gate and let them instantly travel to the Lucky 38.[verified]
- xbox360 When leaving from The Strip the gate may show a "Requires a key" message but will open normally.[verified]