This is what I require of you: there is a small military base north of here, called Navarro. There are numerous vertibirds there. We need plans and blueprints to manufacture some of our own. Fetch those and you will be on your way to seeing the Emperor.”— Ken Lee
This quest can be started by talking to the Emperor's Advisor. After telling him you are looking for fuel to fill up the tanker, he will propose that you speak to the Emperor, but first you would have to travel to Navarro to receive the Vertibird plans.
See this quest for a more detailed description of how to acquire the plans, and other things to do in Navarro. In short, travel to Navarro and enter the base. Find and talk to Quincy the engineer. He will ask for some paperwork off the 'Sarge'. There are a number of ways to do this:
- Sneak and steal the blueprints from the locker behind him, to the right
- Persuade Quincy to give you the plans
- Kill everybody in the base and take them (not advisable)
- Persuade Arch Dornan to give you the authority to retrieve the plans off Quincy
Return to San Franscisco and give the Emperor's assistant the plans. Congratulations, you have now completed the quest, and can now visit the Emperor.
- Wiping out Navarro is worth a lot of experience, but it's a long fight and probably best reserved until after the plans are obtained and all the other Navarro quests are done. The player receives 3,500 XP when they leave the building while holding the plans, no matter in which manner they are obtained.
- It is advisable to get the quest from the Brotherhood of Steel for the plans at the same time, and give them to Matt first. The Brotherhood will reward the player and give them a copy of the plans, allowing the player to complete both quests.