The Prospector's Den
The Prospector's Den is a simple cave with a building constructed inside. When it is first entered, there will be many dead prospectors on the ground with loot such as weapons and bottle caps. The building has three rooms:
- The first room encountered is somewhat like a combination living room and kitchen. It contains two beds, cabinets, a jukebox, a radio, and a refrigerator.
- The second room, which is the main living quarters, has eight footlockers and eight mattresses with a dead prospector on one of them.
- The third room acts as a small maintenance shack. It has two shelves, a first aid box, a reloading bench, and a generator.
Initially, the Prospector's Den will be inhabited by Jackal gang members (headed by a gang leader), who have raided the den and killed the prospectors inside. Should the Courier clear out the location, a new group of prospectors, including two NCR prospectors and a prospector merchant will move in instead.
- Tumblers Today inside the second room, on the floor, in the far right corner.
- A Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap is located on top of a chessboard in the room to the right with the jukebox.
The Prospector's Den appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 In the second room, the footlockers on the west wall may be empty. Leaving and re-entering the Den will reset them.[verified]
- pc The super mutants in front of the den may stop and not attack, but their health will not go to zero when hit. Resetting or reloading the save file will not have any effect.[verified]
- pc All the dead prospectors may be found, but there will be no raiders. going out and into the cell may sometimes help. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 Perhaps because of its proximity to Jack Rabbit Springs, a centaur will spawn at the door to the den upon the Courier's visitation every time (this seems to happen only after the Jackal gang members have been killed and the den is inhabited by the new prospectors). [verified]
- A bark scorpion may also spawn at the entrance upon fast traveling to the location, but typically will not have a poison gland to loot after it is killed.[verified]