Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Professional adds an additional 20% to extra damage granted by critical hits when using any pistols, revolvers, or submachine guns from either the Guns or Energy Weapons skills. This includes:
- .357 magnum revolver
- .44 magnum revolver
- .45 Auto pistol Honest Hearts
- A Light Shining in Darkness Honest Hearts
- .45 Auto submachine gun Honest Hearts
- 5.56mm pistol Gun Runners' Arsenal
- 9mm pistol
- 9mm submachine gun
- 10mm pistol
- 10mm submachine gun
- Sleepytyme Gun Runners' Arsenal
- 12.7mm pistol
- Li'l Devil Gun Runners' Arsenal
- 12.7mm submachine gun
- 12.7mm submachine gun (GRA) Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Alien blaster
- Compliance Regulator Honest Hearts
- Hunting revolver
- Hunting revolver (GRA) Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Laser pistol
- Laser RCW
- H&H Tools nail gun Lonesome Road (add-on)
- Plasma Defender
- Plasma Defender (GRA) Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Plasma pistol
- Plasma pistol (GRA) Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Pulse gun
- Ranger Sequoia
- Recharger pistol
- MF Hyperbreeder Alpha Gun Runners' Arsenal
- Silenced .22 pistol
- Silenced .22 SMG
- Sonic emitter Old World Blues (add-on)
- It will significantly increase the player's ability to make stealth kills in close quarters, making silenced pistols and SMGs more useful. Additionally, despite the perk description, out-of-stealth critical hits are also affected, so fighting in general with pistols, revolvers and SMG's is also improved. This is especially important in holdout situations which haven't been or cannot be circumvented.
- Although this perk significantly improves the effectiveness of stealth kills with close-range weapons, rifle-type weapons of the same caliber will still deal more single-shot sneak attack critical damage, especially given any possible bonuses from other perks such as Cowboy. At moderate range and beyond, rifles are superior for one-shot kills. However, no rifles are considered holdout weapons, which makes this perk useful for any combat done inside weapon-free areas such as the Strip casinos or Fortification Hill. The expectation is that it will make close-ranged headshots from a silenced pistol or SMG especially lethal.
- Better Criticals also increases sneak attack critical damage, providing a further critical damage boost.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Professional is a reference to the French movie Léon, also known as The Professional and Léon: The Professional. In the movie, Léon remarks that "rifles are for beginners" as they let you keep a distance from your target; a true professional gets up close. The plant next to the Vault Boy is also a reference to the movie. Also, the clothes, hat, glasses, and face stubble portrayed by Vault Boy are identical to the character played by Jean Reno in the movie.
- pc ps3 xbox360 The portion of this perk meant to confine the bonus to apply only to sneak attack criticals is set up incorrectly: rather than checking if the target has detected the player, the perk mistakenly checks if the player has detected the player. Additionally, there is no check in place to ensure that the target has not been alerted without overt detection of the player, nor is there any check to ensure that the player is currently sneaking. Due to these issues, the perk applies to all critical hits the player inflicts. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Despite being one-handed revolvers, That Gun and Police pistol are not affected by this perk. [verified]