|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
You get +1-3 Rads/sec when next to the bomb. Depending on the level of your character, there will be two to four super mutant masters behind the bomb, next to a cave. There are also several glowing ones or super mutant masters roaming around the area. Without the trait, there is only a small blackened area of ground with a constant +1 Rads/sec.
- The One appears to be of the same make as the bomb in Megaton from Fallout 3, a Vault-Tec Industries C-23 Megaton nuclear weapon.
- With a Science skill of 60, the Courier can salvage components from The One (150 energy cells, 50 microfusion cells and 2 sensor modules).
- Originally, mini nukes could be retrieved from the bomb, however, the script associated with this is disabled.
- It can be reached by going north north east from Ranger station Bravo and is not easily accessible if you fast travel directly from the Devil's throat.
- The design of the bomb is probably historically based on the American nuclear bomb Fat Man, which was dropped on Nagasaki on the 9th of August, 1945.
The One appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ps3 xbox360 pc While the check will say [Science 60], the player will not be able to "disarm" the bomb unless their skill is 61 or more. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc Even with the Wild Wasteland trait, The One may not appear. Instead, a large hole will appear in its place. A possible cause could be picking the Wild Wasteland trait after Old World Blues without having it prior. Enabling The One by console commands prid 16192a followed by enable can solve this problem. [verified]