Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Brotherhood of Steel side quest: The Lost Patrol|
|Investigate the battle site north of relay tower 0MC-810.|
Follow the radio distress signal.
|Listen to the Battlefield holotape.|
|Investigate the National Guard training yard.|
Follow the radio Distress Signal.
|Listen to Knight Astlin's holotape.|
|Investigate the Revere satellite array.|
Follow the radio Distress Signal.
|Listen to Scribe Faris' holotape.|
|Investigate Recon Bunker Theta.|
Speak to Paladin Brandis.
|(Optional) Convince him to rejoin the Brotherhood.||Leave Paladin Brandis alone or kill him.|
|Reward: Survivor's Special, when speaking to Brandis aboard the Prydwen.|
|Report to Paladin Danse or Captain Kells.|
|Reward: 350 XP|
Sturdy steadfast BOS Combat armor chest if reporting to Kells
200 caps if reporting to Danse.
|Leads to: Duty or Dishonor|
The player character will detect a distress signal once they are near any one of the three locations where Brotherhood of Steel followers perished. To complete the objective, they must loot holotapes from the fallen soldiers, then play them from their Pip-Boy.
Once all three holotapes have been played, a quest marker will appear at Recon bunker Theta which is otherwise inaccessible. Once there, the Sole Survivor will be accosted by Paladin Brandis, who will demand to know why they are there. If they tell him the fate of the soldiers, he will allow them to loot the items in his home, which includes a fusion core. Otherwise he will initialise combat.
The Sole Survivor may have the option of persuading him to rejoin the Brotherhood of Steel (only if they are a Brotherhood of Steel member). They must pass three conversation checks and if any of them fail, he will remain where he is. If successful, they will find him aboard the Prydwen where he will reward them with the Survivor's Special.
It may be advisable to turn this quest in to Lancer-Captain Kells instead of Paladin Danse. Regardless of how the quest is started, waiting to turn it in to Kells is the best option, as it is the only way to get the Steadfast BOS combat armor chest piece in addition to the quest completion XP. If turned in to Danse, only the experience points will be awarded.
Regarding Paladin DanseEdit
- There is no way to start the quest with Danse after he becomes available as a companion.
- For anyone who wishes to take Paladin Danse with them as a companion, it may be worth waiting until Captain Kells gives you this quest aboard the Prydwen. If Danse is available as a companion when you embark on this quest, and you take him with you, he has a lot of unique dialogue and scripted reactions throughout, and will even help you out in conversation when you confront Paladin Brandis and talks to you about it afterward.
- Be warned if you have Paladin Danse with you as a companion, and have completed Blind Betrayal, as Brandis will behave towards you and Danse as any Brotherhood member would after completing his quest.
Regarding Revere satellite arrayEdit
- To get to the distress signal in the Revere Satellite Array, the player character will need to kill a large number of super mutants, including several higher level variants. It is a difficult challenge for one not equipped or skilled properly.
- Just north of Revere satellite array is a vehicle that contains a partial suit of level-adjusted power armor, which may prove useful for clearing the array (assuming you don't already have one of the two suits located at the Training Yard). It is, however, guarded by a higher level Mister Gutsy - who may prove difficult early on for lower leveled characters. There is also an empty power armor frame on one of the dishes at the array, accessible via some rickety stairs and walkways.
- The Revere satellite array is one of the locations you can direct the prototype sentry bot from the robotics disposal ground to patrol. Although it can be tricky to direct, it can make short work of even legendary super mutants if it spots them.
- The player may be lucky with navigating the Satellite Array if a Vertibird spawns and attacks the Super Mutants. The mutants will probably destroy the Vertibird, but it may land in a favourable location, causing a huge area of effect explosion that will probably kill many of the mutants, making it very easy to reach the transponder without being attacked.
- One other possibility is if the player has unlocked Finch farm and/or County crossing as a settlement and has completed the Old Guns quest, then having an artillery piece fire on the array will go a long way toward evening the odds.
- If you didn't complete Semper Invicta before starting the quests on the Prydwen, you can start the quest by discovering one of the lost patrols on your own or from Kells as mentioned above.
- If the player stumbles across the battle site at random the quest will start even if Danse has not assigned it. If the player speaks to Brandis before being briefed on it by Danse (i.e. if Call to Arms has not been completed) the dialog options for convincing him to rejoin the Brotherhood will not be available, and the mission will end after speaking to Brandis. The same will occur if the player is hostile to the Brotherhood of Steel. However, if the player returns to Recon Bunker Theta after joining the Brotherhood of Steel, they will be able to talk with Brandis again and attempt to convince him to rejoin the Brotherhood.
- If the player starts the quest by finding the distress signal and completes it before being briefed by Danse, the patrol's holotapes will still be marked as quest items and cannot be dropped. This can be resolved by speaking to Danse about the patrol after completing Semper Invicta. He will request the tapes from the player and they will be removed from their inventory.
- If Preston Garvey is brought to Knight Astlin's body, he will state that if the same thing were to occur to him, it would be his "worst nightmare".
- Picking up the quest by first finding and listening to Knight Astlin's holotape then going onto the satellite array, the player will need to then discover the initial Battlefield holotape (see details above) in order to progress.
- If you have completed the Railroad quest Rockets' Red Glare (destroying the Prydwen and killing Danse and Kells) this quest can still be completed. After listening to the three holotapes you will be given the access code to Recon Bunker Theta. Although initially challenged by Brandis, after giving him the team holotags he will be non-hostile and allow you to loot his bunker. The quest will then be marked as completed (Brandis apparently remains in the bunker, and the three team holotapes will remain in your inventory flagged as quest items).
- Beware that if you have already completed Blind Betrayal but not proceeded in the Brotherhood quest line, attempting to complete this quest will automatically lead to the Railroad becoming hostile. Once Blind Betrayal is completed, attempting to complete the quest by speaking with Lancer-Captain Kells will begin Tactical Thinking, which automatically turns the Railroad hostile.
- pc xboxone ps4 If the player character puts off completing this quest until after Paladin Danse has become a potential companion, they may be unable to turn the quest in as he will only offer companion dialogue options. However, after "Show No Mercy", the mission turn in you can talk to Captain Kells, allowing for completion.[verified]
- pc ps4 Captain Kells will give generic dialogue instead of allowing the player character to turn in the quest until after they've completed Show No Mercy for the Brotherhood of Steel.[verified]
- pc ps4 If Brandis is spoken to before starting the first Brotherhood quest (Fire Support), the quest will not require returning to Danse; it will simply be marked complete.[verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone While in any power armor and using the targeting HUD mod on the helmet, opening the door to the bunker may cause Brandis to be hostile.[verified]
- This may be prevented by removing the helmet before entering if it is equipped with a targeting HUD.
- xboxone Sometimes, after accepting the quest from Paladin Danse and convincing Brandis to rejoin the BoS, he will spawn aboard the Prydwen, but will not give you his unique weapon - he just has the 'unnamed person' (a few lines) of dialogue.[verified]
- pc ps4 Trying to complete the quest with Danse as a companion will not trigger his completion dialogue, thus preventing the quest from completing. [verification overdue]
- Workaround - Continue with the main BoS story until the quest "Show no Mercy" is completed and then speak to Paladin Danse.
- pc Scribe Faris may not have the Recon Bunker Access Code 429A when looting his body, which is required to advance the quest after checking his body. This can be bypassed by inputting the console command "setstage 000b1d79 90", which should give you the code along with the quest advancement.[verification overdue]
- ps4 Sometimes, a behemoth will spawn in the middle of dialogue with Brandis and interrupt the conversation. After killing the behemoth, Brandis will no longer speak and will fire on the player when approached, making it impossible to complete the quest. If this happens, reload to an earlier save and kill the behemoth prior to initiating dialogue, then talk to Brandis.[verified]
- xboxone There is a small possibility that if the BoS quest, Tour of Duty is completed before this mission, you won't be able to complete the mission. Dance will only let you ask the four main questions in the Talk section.[verification overdue]