Fallout Faction Overhaul Project
Freeside is the Kings' turf. Remember that.”
After unearthing some strange paraphernalia belonging to a tribe who worshipped some kind of ancient, black-coiffed deity (and as it transpired, a deity with some considerable style and singing talent) a tribe dedicated to him was formed by the scavenger himself, who took on the persona and visage as if divinely inspired. Known as The King, he dresses in a special suit crafted to look like the originator of the look, while his subordinates scavenge denim and leather jackets for their attire. The King is charming, rebellious, and well-dressed. His forces are almost always found in small packs, and have a lot of attitude, bravery, and members. They typically carry small guns, brass knuckles, and melee weapons. The King, and his robotic dog Rex, are currently facing a challenge as the NCR appears to be threatening their territory. The King is hoping they aren’t the devil in disguise.
The Kings claim Freeside as their own. Not shy to make a few caps, the Kings as well as some less reliable others, offer safe escort through Freeside and will even help you fill your water canteen for a price. Besides these few "services" the Kings generally follow a strict code of suave chivalry.
By all accounts they are respected throughout Freeside, as interactions with the Followers of the Apocalypse make that clear.
The missions accepted by the player will decide the Kings future relations with all who visit the strip. Even the New California Republic will eventually have to deal with the Kings in one way or another.
Relations with the outsideEdit
The leader known only as The King, is currently facing challenges as the NCR appears to be threatening their territory. Squatters that followed the NCR east are thought by the Kings and most all Vegas, outside the strip, to be a drain on already over taxed resources.
- The King says "They are the devil in disguise."
Some members, namely Pacer, seem to have their own motives. Some might say he plays some factions against others, and he may have a addiction or "Heart problem " as his root cause.
- NCR troops engage in minor disputes that can be resolved in various ways to achieve a level of peace in Freeside. These events are largely played out through one of the faction's main quests, G.I. Blues.
- Once cleared by Pacer The King can be approached and the subject of the Kings dog, Rex can be opened leading to the quest Nothin' But a Hound Dog.
What ever the outcome, The King always speaks well about his feelings for Pacer.
The Kings are almost always armed with 10mm pistols, but can also be found carrying .357 magnum revolvers or 10mm SMGs. Their light uniforms, Jailhouse Rocker, Memphis kid outfit and Kings outfit, can be equipped as well. Sergio is a special King wielding a unique straight razor named Figaro. Like most grunts of minor factions, Kings gang members are absolutely no match for NCR troopers due to their low damage per shot and lack of armor.
The Kings reside in a large building in the center of Freeside. They also run the water pump installed by Bill Ronte of the Followers of the Apocalypse. However, they have drawn the ire of the Followers as they use the pump as a way of bullying NCR civilians, as they charge them twice as much to use it.
- Talking to a King after completing the quest Nothin' But a Hound Dog will cause the Kings to occasionally say "Hey isn't that the Kings dog" even if you dont have Rex (Fallout: New Vegas) with you.
- The Kings will ask you if you are looking to join the Kings, even if you're already a member.
On occasion, members of the Kings will say some remarks to due to your companion, karma, or reputation.
- Boone - "Is he NCR? He looks NCR."
The Kings appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Kings are, of course, a reference to the phenomenon of Elvis impersonation.
- Some of their clothing are also references to Elvis, such as Jailhouse Rocker which is a replica of what Elvis wore in the Jailhouse Rock video.