The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Far Harbor side quest: The Heretic|
|Talk to Grand Zealot Richter.|
|Talk to Zealot Theil.|
|Travel to the Glowing Grove.|
|Recover the banner pieces.|
|Travel to the Radiant Crest Shrine.|
|Recover the banner pieces.|
|Travel to the campground.|
|Find and listen to the Gwyneth's journal holotape.|
|Travel to the Ruined Church.|
|Confront Sister Gwyneth.|
|Kill Sister Gwyneth.||(Easy speech check) Persuade her to leave the island.||(Medium speech check) Persuade her to return to the Nucleus.|
|Return to Grand Zealot Richter.|
|Reward: 400 XP|
Once the Sole Survivor has joined the Children of Atom and spoken with Tektus, they'll want to report back to Richter. He'll ask them to hunt down Sister Gwyneth, a former sister who left the order and has been vandalizing the Children's altars around the island. First check with Zealot Theil, who attempted to find Gwyneth without success. She can give the player character some background on the missing sister.
Afterwards, the player character is directed to the two holy sites to the west of the Nucleus: Glowing Grove and Radiant Crest Shrine. At each site, they'll find some torn pieces of a banner that Gwyneth used to make her graffiti messages. With all of the pieces, one finds it's a banner advertising a campground called Kawaketak Station. The campground is an unmarked location, so head south and find it using the quest marker. Only one of the cabins can be entered, and on the floor to the left of the door is a holotape that completes the objective. A wolf pack will spawn outside once the Survivor sets foot into the cabin.
Next head east to the ruined church, where one will find Gwyneth praying. Initiate dialogue with her, at which point the player character can attack her or learn more about her reasons behind the vandalism. A speech check will convince her to flee the island, while a more difficult speech check will convince her to return to the Children and beg forgiveness. Asking Gwyneth if she misses her family will drop the difficulty of the latter speech check.
Regardless of which option is chosen, return to Grand Zealot Richter to complete the quest and receive Atom's Judgement, a unique super-sledge.
- Nick Valentine, Hancock and Piper dislike accepting this quest.
- X6-88 likes accepting this quest
- Old Longfellow, Curie, Hancock and Nick Valentine like telling Sister Gwyneth to leave.
- Old Longfellow dislikes convincing Sister Gwyneth to return to the Nucleus.
- Curie likes convincing Sister Gwyneth to return to the Nucleus.
- When returning to Richter at the end of the quest, choosing "Glory to Atom!" as a dialogue option will earn a dislike from Hancock. On the other hand, Hancock likes choosing the sarcastic dialogue option.
- pc ps4 xboxone If you choose the option to spare Gwyneth and tell her to leave the island, she may still show up inside the Nucleus later doing random stuff like sweeping the floors and is completely unresponsive to any attempt to talk to her.[verified]
- ps4 The holotape may load under the cabin and become unreachable.[verified]