Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For the item, see gilded grasshopper.|
|Side Quest: The Gilded Grasshopper|
|(Optional) Pick up the Marty Bullfinch file in Nick Valentine's agency.|
|Go to Faneuil Hall and find the gilded grasshopper on the roof.|
|Examine the gilded grasshoper and read the note in it.|
|Find the grave west of Pickman Gallery.|
|Dig up the grave and claim the spoils. (No Shovel required)|
|Reward: 350 XP|
Copper, silver and gold bars
Shem Drowne sword
- After the Sole Survivor reads the file about Marty Bullfinch in Nick Valentine's office, the mission of retrieving him as a missing person, can be obtained.
- Going to Faneuil Hall and killing all the super mutants (at least fourteen) on all floors, will lead to the roof, where the dead body of Marty Bullfinch and the gilded grasshopper can be found or you can enter through the back entrance, climb to the top of the stairs where a gap(looks too wide) can be jumped even in power armor. 3 super mutants and a mutant dog will be encountered.
- The gilded grasshopper is atop the golden dome, next to the ruined belltower.
- Reading the note inside, Food for the grasshopper, points the Sole Survivor to the grave of Shem Drowne near Pickman Gallery containing the skeleton of Shem Drowne, his lootable skull, the note fear not, and the Shem Drowne sword, a gold bar, two silver bars, and three copper bars.
- If Nick Valentine is brought along for this mission, he will pay his respects to Marty. He also likes being present for the end of the quest, once the Sole Survivor has dug up Shem Drowne's grave.
- There is a copy of Live & Love on the 4th floor of Faneuil Hall sitting on a table next to a sofa.
- If the USS Constitution had landed on the top floor of the building, the quest may get bugged and cannot be completed, in the view that the roof had been altered. The quest may still be completed however by asking a companion to dig up the grave instead.
- If the USS Constitution has landed on the top floor of the adjacent building and you have triggered the fast travel point at the USS Constitution's new location, the quest may be done without going through Faneuil Hall by simply fast traveling to the ship and jumping off the port bow to get to the roof.
- It is not necessary to complete Unlikely Valentine and get the Detective Case Files from Nick's office to start this mission. The quest can also be started by directly going on the roof of the Faneuil Hall building. This quest is only a prerequisite to access to Marty Bullfinch's holotape.
Behind the scenesEdit
- ps4 pc If you completed the quest before activating the case file, the detective file will be locked and you cannot continue the next file.[verified]
- pc When digging up the grave, the game may freeze or crash.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.