Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
- Accept the quest from Nick Valentine's office.
- Search Earl Sterling's house for clues.
- Investigate the Mega surgery center.
- Investigate the surgery cellar.
- Deal with Doc Crocker.
- Talk to Ellie Perkins.
The quest starts after Unlikely Valentine has been finished.
- Gain entrance to Earl Sterling's house.
- Pick the novice level lock to Earl Sterling's house, subsequently considered trespassing.
- Or head to the Dugout Inn and speak to Vadim Bobrov to obtain the key. Speaking with Yefim and Scarlett will provide speech check opportunities and additional information about the case. Scarlet will notably hint that Earl was eager to get aesthetic surgery.
- Next go to Earl Sterling's house look at the sofa and to the left side of the sofa is a Surgery receipt. If you have Nick Valentine with you, eventually he'll find it and ask you to "take a look over here" when he does.
- Speak to Doctor Sun next to the Mega Surgery Center and pass two charisma checks (one easy and one medium, if having the receipt) or examine the blood stain without speaking to him. To get into the cellar either pick the advanced lock, pickpocket the key from Doctor Sun or just ask him for access and pass a medium speech check.
- After going into the cellar, talk to Doc Crocker. You can either end the conflict by passing one of two charisma check options for to arrest or end peacefully (both will cause Doc Crocker to commit suicide) or kill him.
- Talk to Doctor Sun.
- Go back to Valentine Detective Agency and collect the approximately 200 bottlecap reward.
- MacCready will dislike arresting Crocker, but like killing him (this is only before a certain point in his personal quest, after which he will instead like the peaceful resolution).
- Cait will dislike arresting Crocker, but like talking him down peacefully.
- Curie will like talking Crocker down peacefully.
- Piper will both like arrest or, talking Crocker down peacefully.
- Deacon will like arresting Crocker, whether the persuasion is successful or not.
- Hancock will dislike arresting Crocker and dislike attempting to talk him down peacefully, however he will like using violence.
- Nick Valentine will like arresting Crocker, but dislike killing him.
- Danse will like arresting Crocker, but is neutral towards a peaceful conclusion.
- Strong will like arresting Crocker and dislike attempting to talk him down peacefully, however he will love using violence.
- Codsworth will like talking him down peacefully.
- X6-88 is likes skipping arrest and going straight to 'Violence.'
- Preston Garvey will both like arresting Crocker, and talking him down peacefully, But will dislike using violence.
- Doctor Sun will take over the responsibility of facial surgery after the completion of this quest, and will have moved into the Mega Surgery Center. In order to get your first surgery from him, you must request the service twice, the first time the chair does not activate (nor does he take your 100 caps).
- One can skip the first few objectives and go straight into the Mega Surgery Center cellar.
- Surgery cellar key can be obtained before starting the quest, by pickpocketing either Doctor Sun or Doc Crocker.
- If you are high enough in Level for the Far Harbor mission "Far from Home" to show up, you might have difficulty in getting Ellie to recognize that you have complete this mission. It appears her priority is to get you to take the new mission rather than pay off and close this one.[platforms tag needed] [verification overdue]
- She will deal with the Far Harbor mission first, but if approached a second time, "The Disappearing Act" can be completed as normal. [platforms tag needed] [verification overdue]
- pc If attempting this quest when the Mega surgery center is not open, Dr. Sun will be there but the objective to talk to him will not appear after Crocker dies. Sun will still be waiting for you once you exit the basement but attempting to initiate conversation will only cause the 'This individual is busy' message to show and he will remain immobile, potentially blocking your way from the area. If you can get past him, completing the quest by talking to Ellie will return everything to normal.[verification needed]