The Devil's Throat
The Devil's Throat is a giant radioactive crater in the northeastern desert. There are pools of contaminated water at the bottom of the crater, and a wrecked truck in the center with scattered toxic waste barrels nearby. A dead super mutant lies at the rear of the truck.
- Combat armor, reinforced, and a unique undamaged party hat - found on a dead prospector in the truck trailer.
- CZ57 Avenger, a unique minigun - also in the trailer, lying next to the dead prospector.
- The rad level by the barrels of radioactive waste varies from 2-8 rads per second.
- Northwest of the Devil's Throat is a super mutant camp with 2-4 super mutant masters. Sometimes 2 NCR Rangers will spawn in the camp and fight the super mutants.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- A Wild Wasteland encounter will occur at this camp in which an undetonated Atomic Bomb called The One will be present to the north-northwest of the Devil's Throat, only a few paces away.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- The truck in the crater is unique, in that it does not have a motor and doors like the other truck wreckages found in the wastes.
The Devil's Throat only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- Devil's Throat is a real-life location in the Mojave desert, northeast of Las Vegas.
- pc xbox360 ps3 Upon returning to this location, the dead super mutant may appear alive and hostile, but with very few hit points. He will respawn after several in-game days, either alive or dead.
- ps3 When visiting this place for the first time, neither the super mutant nor the dead prospector will be there. However, the CZ57 Avenger will still be in the correct spot. Saving and reloading may fix this.