Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The Courier's Mile
The Courier's Mile
The Courier's Mile is a location in the Divide in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road. This location is "ground zero" for the nuclear missile launched by The Courier during the quest The Launch. The entrance to the area is in the southwest corner of the Hopeville region.
- There is a Stealth Boy on top of a destroyed box, located to your right upon first entering the irradiated area.
- Blood-Nap, a unique Bowie knife, can be found sticking out of a street lamp in front of the entrance.
- In the central building guarded by several deathclaws, several mini nukes can be found in containers.
- A Nuka-Cola Quartz can be found on the ground in the rubble that form the barrier at the North-Central area of the map. It will be difficult to see until you climb up on the rubble and look down.
- A black outline of a person who was vaporized by the nuke can be found on the second floor wall in the southeast building.
- This area contains two warheads which are required for the Warhead Hunter achievement/trophy/challenge. One is located to the upper right of the rubble wall, very close to several irradiated deathclaws, the other is located on the lower left wall inside the camp of several irradiated marked men. Destroying these will significantly increase the levels of radiation throughout the mile.
- There is a Ralphie poster for the Feel Like A Kid Again challenge if you take a right towards the area where the irradiated deathclaws are. It is above a desk in a ruined building.
- The name of "The Courier's Mile" is given by Ulysses after meeting the Courier outside the Canyon wreckage.
- There is a toilet on the second floor of a ruined building with water that is miraculously free of radiation.
- Irradiated deathclaws patrol the south side while the irradiated marked men stay mostly on the north side. Both sides will eventually cross paths if left to their own devices, which will result in a battle between the two groups.
- The radiation levels in the center of this area reach catastrophic levels. The closer to the center you go the higher they climb going beyond 25 per second. This also causes the marked men to regenerate health extremely quickly. These two factors alone make this one of the hardest areas to traverse.
- Most food and drink exposed outside are heavily irradiated, those in the containers are not.