|Miscellaneous quest: The Cleaner|
|Buy any beverage from Whitechapel Charlie.|
|Accept the quest from the ensuing conversation.|
|Go to the all 3 Goodneighbor warehouses. Kill all enemies inside.|
|Return to Whitechapel Charlie to collect the reward.|
|Reward: 150 XP|
- Enter into the Third Rail in Goodneighbor and find Whitechapel Charlie.
- Enter the barter menu with Whitechapel Charlie. He will initiate a conversation with the player about needing someone for a job. The job is to kill the men inside the Goodneighbor warehouses. Accept the quest
- (Optional) Pass a persuasion check for more caps reward.
- Navigate through Goodneighbor to find the 3 warehouses. The doors will be locked in novice difficulty lockpick skill.
- After gaining entry into the warehouses, kill the Triggermen residing inside.
- Return to Whitechapel Charlie for a reward of 200 caps, or up to 400 if you passed the persuasion checks.
- Whitechapel Charlie will initiate the quest conversation and comment on you being "liquored up", even if you only purchase water from him (or just open the store menu and exit out without buying anything at all).
- With a speech check, Whitechapel Charlie will mention that John Hancock is the client of this contract so that he would not need to be directly involved in such political struggles. However, if Hancock is an active companion, he will say "Oh yeah, that would be me. I forgot about that one." and Charlie will say "Well, looks like the man himself will be helpin' ya. So you want this job or what?".
- This quest will not be obtainable if you are at the point during The Silver Shroud where you are told to talk to Whitechapel Charlie, however you can obtain it after by completing that objective and talking to him again.
- Many of the "good" companions (e.g. Piper) will dislike the Sole Survivor accepting this quest, much less haggling for additional payment. As the warehouses are marked red (i.e. "owned"), entering them to complete the quest objectives is considered trespassing. The items inside are marked as owned as well, so taking them counts as stealing. Therefore, companions who disapprove of these crimes should be left at home. Strong should not be brought either, as the three warehouses are locked and he dislikes picking any locks (although he likes accepting the quest but not haggling for extra). These factors make MacCready and Cait the ideal companions for this quest, as they approve of not only accepting the quest but also the actions required to complete it.
- pc The quest can be open and set as active with no quest markers up after you kill all of the quest marked triggermen. You have to go back through the three warehouses and find the unmarked triggerman/men to kill to complete the quest. If you don't Charlie won't have any conversation options about the quest and it will stay in your list of active quests. One unmarked triggerman is located in a right-hand, ground-floor room in the warehouse next to the memory den. [verification overdue]
- (Just completed the above quest right now (10:14, September 16, 2016) and yes, you need to kill ALL of the Triggerment in Goodneighbor. This does include the 3 standing over the corpse holding 20x Pre-War Money in the alleyway, and clearing out all 3 warehouses.)