The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Far Harbor side quest: The Changing Tide|
|Help the citizens of Far Harbor.|
|Help Small Bertha.||Help Mitch||Help the Mariner.|
|Leads to: Turn Back the Fog||Leads to: The Hold Out||Leads to: Hull Breach|
The Great Hunt
|Complete 2 quests.|
|Talk to Captain Avery.|
|Reward: 500+ XP|
Rescue diver suit
The Changing Tide is the second of two overarching Harbormen quests. It also has no actual target itself but serves as a checklist for a number of different Far Harbor side quests instead.
- Help Small Bertha starts the quest Turn Back the Fog.
- Help Mitch starts the quest The Hold Out.
- (Optional) Help the Mariner starts the quest The Great Hunt.
Finishing any of these quests also marks the respective task of The Changing Tide as complete. Once all active tasks are completed, The Changing Tide will be considered finished as well, resulting in gaining the appropriate reward in XP.
- pc xboxone There is a bug which may result in this quest being stuck near the end. The symptom is that Allen Lee has gathered the residents to speak to them in the center of town, but he does not speak and attempting to engage him states that "This individual is busy." Captain Avery may or may not be present; if she is, she is attempting to talk with Allen but she is also "busy." [verification overdue]
- [platforms tag needed] The quest The Way Life Should Be may be able to conflict with this quest in the form of not being able to help Captain Avery. [verification needed]
- xboxone pc ps4 If the quest The Great Hunt has been started, Avery may start speaking to the Sole Survivor at the dock. If ignored with the The Great Hunt completed, her objective will be on top of your location arrow on the Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV] map, yet to the West of Far Harbor, East of Echo Lake Lumber and South of Eden Meadows Cinemas. The objective will be underground and inaccessible, by a tree in the swamp. [verified]
- The only way to fix this is to load a save from before leaving for Red Death Island and speaking to Avery before going.