The two mushroom clouds caused by nuclear weapons launched from the Divide
|Quest: The Apocalypse|
|Go to the missile control panel and launch the missiles at the NCR, Legion, or both.|
|Leave Ulysses' temple.|
|Reward: 5000 XP, Bitter Drink Recipe, Courier duster, Ulysses' duster, Ulysses' mask, Ulysses' Final Message, Old Glory, +1 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. point, Access to the Long 15 and/or Dry Wells, Boomer and Powder Ganger fame (both targets only), or NCR fame and Legion infamy (targeted Legion) or Legion fame and NCR infamy (targeted NCR)|
This quest appears after you deal with Ulysses and decide the fate of the nuclear missiles at the temple. Choosing any option other than canceling the launch begins this quest and fails The End. Leaving the temple and watching the DLC ending completes the quest. On returning to the Mojave after the ending slides, a nuclear explosion can be seen in the general vicinity of whichever territory was targeted (or both, if you chose to nuke both Legion and NCR).
- The only place where you can find ghoulified Caesar's Legion members is at Dry Wells, if you have directed the nuke to Legion territory (except for the Marked Men).
- Nuking a faction will drop your reputation with that faction down to the lowest possible rank (Idolized will become Wild Child, while Liked will become Soft-Hearted Devil). However, it will not turn that faction hostile towards you, even if your reputation drops to a rank (i.e. Soft-Hearted Devil) which would normally trigger hostility.
- If you complete the quest before entering The Tops for the first time your reputation will be reset once speaking to Vulpes Inculta, meaning you can still secure a positive reputation with the Legion after targeting them.
- If you complete the quest before visiting the Lucky 38 for the first time, after you exit the casino main door, an NCR Trooper will come to you and state that Ambassador Crocker wants to talk to you. After this event, your NCR reputation will be reset, meaning you can still secure a positive reputation with the NCR after targeting them.
- Both The Apocalypse and The End have the same rewards. However, with The Apocalypse, the player gains access to the Long 15 and/or Dry Wells, and their subsequent loot. Nuking both yields the most (potential) reward.
|10||Quest finished||Run for the Canyon Wreckage.|