| ||For the item, see Aqua Cura.|
The Amazing Aqua Cura!
Well, hello there Smoothskin! Step right up. Have you come to savor the great taste of the Amazing Aqua Cura?”— Griffon
|Side Quest: The Amazing Aqua Cura!|
|There are four possible ways to start this quest:|
|Talk to Griffon in the Museum of History and ask for a bottle of Aqua Cura. Through a Pip-Boy test, figure out the water is irradiated.||Pass a speech check with Scribe Bigsley||Hacking Scribe Bigsley's terminal.||Stumble upon Griffon's bottling operation located in the Museum Authority Building, find the holotape and listen to it.|
|Find Griffon's bottling operation by traveling to the Jefferson Memorial and asking Scribe Bigsley.|
|Find a holotape in the Museum Authority Building and return to Griffon.|
|Deal with Griffon in one of the following ways:|
|Blackmail Griffon by passing a variety of speech checks.||Force Griffon to confess which results in the crowd turning hostile and killing him.||Force Griffon to start selling the real Aqua Pura.|
|Reward: 100 XP, 600 caps (optional) and/or Bad Karma (optional).|
Griffon, a ghoul outside of Underworld, is selling Aqua Cura, a tonic that he claims will cure the ghoul condition; however, you learn that he buys Aqua Pura from Bigsley and replaces it with dirty water, re-branding it Aqua Cura in the process.
There are four ways to begin this quest. The first option is to talk to Griffon in the Museum of History and ask for a bottle of Aqua Cura. According to your Pip-Boy, though, the water is irradiated. If you bring this fact up to Griffon, he will deny this by claiming "your Pipsqueak 2000 or whatever it's called is broken" and the quest will be added. It can also be added by either passing a speech check with Scribe Bigsley or by hacking his terminal. The fourth option is to stumble upon Griffon's bottling operation located in the Museum Authority Building, find the holotape and listen to it.
Find Griffon's bottling operationEdit
To find proof, you need to find Griffon's bottling operation. Naturally, the ghoul salesman himself does not want to tell you where it is. However, as he mentioned that Scribe Bigsley's men deliver the Aqua Pura to him, Bigsley likely knows where it is. Arriving at Jefferson Memorial, the scribe will freely tell you that Griffon's operation is in the Museum Authority Building. When you first enter the building, there is a bathroom on the right. There is a bottle of Nuka-Cola Quantum in the tank of the toilet in the closed stall. Follow the hallway on the left of where you entered the building, heading to the northwest corner of the ground floor and go down the stairs. When you go downstairs take a right into a big room with barrels and tubs. In between 2 tubs on a coffee table are 2 dirty water, a Nuka-Cola, a clipboard, a cabinet full of wigs and a holotape.
An identical holotape of Griffon's bottling instructions can also be found on one of the ghoul guards in the basement. In the same room, you can find 4 crates of Aqua Pura, just to the left of where you found the holotape. The holotape tells you that Griffon's ghoul guards dump the Aqua Pura into the tubs and sinks, selling that to raiders and slavers while he sells dirty water in Aqua Cura bottles to ghouls.
Dealing with GriffonEdit
When you go confront Griffon you have three options: blackmail him, force him to tell the truth, or force him to sell real Aqua Pura from that point on. None of the choices affect your Karma.
You can blackmail him for 300 caps single payment or 40 caps every (in game) week. Alternatively you can pass the first speech check for 100 caps every week, the second speech check for 80 or the third for 60. The player does not need to visit Griffon every week to receive payment, as he will still pay the player for missed weeks (e.g. if the player waits for one in game month, Griffon will pay 4x the one-week payment), but no more than four weekly payments.
Forcing Griffon to confessEdit
If you force Griffon to confess about the true nature of Aqua Cura, the crowd will turn hostile against him. Griffon will attempt to defend himself, but ultimately run away and hide in one of the bathrooms at the entrance of the Museum of History. The crowd will follow him into the bathroom where Griffon will make a final stand but is eventually killed by the angry mob, after which you can loot 600 caps off him.
Selling the real Aqua PuraEdit
Although Griffon will tell you to come back in a few days, his dialogue will remain the same, simply informing you his business with you is concluded, then try to pass you off as a happy customer to the crowd.
If you chose to add the Modified FEV to Project Purity, then The Chop Shop will be full of ghouls suffering from its effects. Selecting this solution will result in negative Karma.
|1||Discover what Griffon (at Underworld) is doing with Aqua Cura|
|2||Discover what Bigsley at Project Purity knows about Griffon's water supply|
|3||Discover the location and proof of Griffon's bottling operation|
|4||Quest finished||Confront Griffon about the operation in the Museum Authority Building|
- If you go to the Museum Authority Building and take one of his wigs from his closet and put it on, a special dialogue option appears in which the player says that you both have the same hair cut. Griffon will try to write it off as a coincidence.
- You can loot the 600 caps and not turn the crowd hostile toward you by mezzing him.
- If you have sent Fawkes back to Underworld, and choose an option that turns the crowd hostile, Fawkes will then go hostile against the crowd and help you out.
- If the player kills Griffon, or he dies any other way, then a dialog option will be available with Scribe Bigsley to tell him that Griffon is dead.
- Even if Griffon agrees to sell the actual Aqua Pura, the water will still be irradiated.
- pc xbox360 Griffon may be killed by the mob at other locations in the Entrance area. He may also escape the mob and flee through the doors to the Lower Halls. The mob will follow him, but they disappear after entering (apparently they can exist only in the Entrance). Griffon will be just inside the Lower Halls with gun drawn and will remain there as long as the player is nearby. He eventually disappears from the area if he is not killed by the player. [verified]
- xbox360 Shooting Griffon with a dart gun while hidden will cause Fawkes to murder everyone there, should he not currently be your active companion. [verified]
- ps3 pc If you choose to blackmail Griffon and decide to share profits with him, after this dialog with him ends you may immediately initiate another one whereby he'll give you up to four weekly payments on the spot, mistakenly (and inexplicably) thinking he owes you back pay for having been away. Thereafter, you will have to wait for the weekly payments. [verified]