If their war totems were to 'disappear', they would likely lose the will to fight.”— Waking Cloud
|Main quest: The Advance Scouts|
|Deal with the White Legs' camp.|
|Wipe out the White Legs' encampments at Bighorn Bluff.||Steal the two White Legs' war totems from the encampments.|
|Reward: Variable XP|
|Leads to: Gathering Storms|
To complete this quest, the Courier must either kill all of the White Legs at Bighorn Bluff, or steal their war totems at Bighorn Bluff. The White Legs are split into two separate camps that are rather close to each other. Each camp has roughly three White Legs, and one war totem is located near the front of the camp. As the totems are relatively separate from the living area tents, choosing the non-violent option should allow an easy time sneaking in to take them, so long as the player takes the White Legs' movement patterns into account.
Once all of the target White Legs are killed, or both of the totems are obtained, the quest is completed, though if the White Legs discover you while stealing their totems, the quest will complete, but they will continue to attack. The method of quest completion chosen has no impact on the add-on ending.
- According to Waking Cloud, the White Legs consider the loss of a war totem prior to a battle to be a bad omen. She believes that if the totems are stolen, the White Legs in the camps associated with the missing totems will likely refuse to participate in the looming attack.
- It is possible to complete both optional parts of the quest, but it requires good timing. When the Courier kills the last of the White Legs, it is possible pick up the last of the White Legs war totems. This will not result in any extra rewards.
- Stealing the war totems has no effect while killing the White Legs or at the end fight.
- Sometimes up to two yao guai or two giant green geckos will appear and attack the White Legs at one of the camps.
- Similarly, they may be found under attack by cazadores when approaching one of their camps.
xbox360 ps3 If you try to take out the White Legs from cover and do not score an instant kill, the specific tribal you injured will immediately become hostile and run to your location, while those not injured will continue to wander the camp passively. [verified]