My daddy's gonna kill all you bastards for kidnapping me.”— Ted Gunderson
While accompanying his father to the Ultra-Luxe, Ted Gunderson was mistakenly kidnapped by the faction of the White Glove Society loyal to Mortimer, who intended to serve him at a special dinner designed to convert the society to cannibalism.
When Ted's identity is discovered, however, Mortimer voices his new unwillingness to serve Ted, and requests the Courier to find a new "main course" to continue on with their plan. Mortimer also gives the Courier the option of killing Ted, and framing his father for the murder.
Interactions with the player character
- Beyond the Beef: The White Glove Society intends to serve Ted as the main course at a special dinner.
- Pheeble Will: Walter Phebus wants Heck Gunderson to suffer. Killing Ted should work.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Pre-War parkstroller outfit
Cattleman cowboy hat
|-||-||Ted Gunderson's blood|
- There is no karma penalty for murdering Ted Gunderson.
- Strangely, if you use the Cannibal perk to devour him, the White Glove Society won't notice, since Mortimer's intention was to do the same.
- If you rescue him, but kill his father on your return to the casino's entrance, Ted will follow you until he dies. He won't be controllable like a regular companion.
- If you try to enter through the Strip North Gate with Ted following, the guards will kill him because he doesn't have a passport.
- While rescuing him, Ted is unable to sneak, until when you are attempting to interrupt Mortimer in his speech during the conclusion of the quest, Beyond the Beef.
Ted Gunderson appears in Fallout: New Vegas.