Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
This graying, stooped man has been the Hangdogs' master dog trainer for many years. He doesn't live in a house like the others in the town. He prefers to sleep out in the open with the dogs under his care. He does have a lean-to in the park which he takes shelter under during those rare times it rains.
He keeps his dog-training techniques secret, but a charismatic Prisoner will be able to get some of his secrets out of him. He picks which dogs are taken to be sold, but he will also sell directly to visitors if he feels they might make worthy companions for his dogs.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Learn the Hangdog Fighting Style - Teacher will teach you the style if you let him borrow Devil Dog to breed one of the pack bitches.
- Take Over the Hangdogs - The PC must challenge Bares His Teeth for leadership of the group by pitting his dog against the Packleader's dog..
- Cure the Sick Dogs - A number of dogs have recently fallen ill, and neither Grins A Lot nor Teacher can seem to figure out what the cause is.
- Let the Hangdogs use the Devil Dog For Breeding - Teacher wants Devil Dog's bloodline in their dogs.
- Get Marie apprenticed to Teacher - Marie wants to learn to care for the animals, but tradition has it that the Hangdog women tend to the household.
The Prisoner has the option to obtain dogs from Teacher. Some dogs are just attack dogs, additional fighters to support the Prisoner and the big-boned dogs are pack dogs. The Prisoner may also use these dogs to carry extra stuff.
If he so chooses, the PC can do a couple of things with the Devil Dog if he's a CNPC. First, Teacher will ask the PC to allow him to breed the Devil Dog to improve the quality of the Hangdogs' canines. Second, the PC can ask Teacher to train the Devil Dog. This will increase one or two of the Devil Dog's stats.
Teacher is intended to be a likable figure, which generates emotion if Caesar's Legion comes to deal with the Hangdogs for not delivering Blackjack as promised, because all the dogs in the village will be slaughtered, and Teacher will lie dead among them after trying to stop Caesar's men.
Teacher has not appeared nor is he mentioned in any published game. He was to appear only in Van Buren, the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios. It is not certain if he will appear in any future Fallout game.