I used to serve with the Enclave. Then I realized it wasn't the USA I was fighting for; it was for the rich old bastards who didn't want to give up their power. I deserted and now I live here with more honest people.”
A. Ron is a punk in tattered clothing who wears a captain's hat. He was previously a Navarro technician working for the Enclave, but deserted after he realized that the Enclave was not the United States he was fighting for but was instead the "rich old bastards who didn't want to give up their power." He chose to join the people of the tanker for their honesty and lack of an enforced hierarchy.
He says that the Oil Rig is "the final base of the Enclave." He also states he came from Navarro.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- The tanker needs fuel: Meyers says that one of the components needed to get the PMV Valdez seaworthy is fuel.
- The navigation computer needs the NavComp part to work: Another component is a working navigation computer.
- You need to use a FOB to access the navigation computer: To get to the navigation computer, the Chosen One has to get the FOB somehow, either by force or deception.
- Find Badger's girlfriend in the hold below the ship: Badger will fuel the tanker, but his primary concern is his girlfriend, who is trapped by monsters in the ships hold.
- He will not speak to the Chosen One until they help out one of his crew. Gaining his trust comes from either going to find Badger's girlfriend in the hold below the ship or get Chip's spleen.
A. Ron Meyers appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Ron Meyers name may be a reference to famous politician and lawyer Ron Meyers.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- His scripting also checks for good reaction to be willing to talk to the Chosen One. But reaction level is not recalculated at dialogue init, so this check has no effect.