Talon Company merc
If you have good or very good Karma, a 1000 cap bounty will be placed on your head, and Talon Company mercs holding a Private contract will periodically attempt to collect. Talon Company search parties operate in squads of different sizes dependent on your level.
Three Dog mentions that Talon Company mercs accept jobs that other mercenary companies won't do. Reilly of Reilly's Rangers notes her particular dislike of the Talon Company, recalling a job they did which involved the killing of defenseless women and children and commenting that they give all mercenaries a bad name. If the player converses with her rudely, she will mention that the player sounds like a Talon Company merc.
Fort Bannister acts as their main base of operations in the Capital Wasteland, seeing that it is exclusively populated by Talon mercenaries and contains an even larger underground base crawling with more high level mercs. Bannister is also where you will find the Talon's commander.
The Broken Steel DLC adds a 4th rank of Talon Company merc, with higher health and better armor, that appears at higher levels. Even at level 30, Rank 4 Talon Company mercs are a relatively uncommon encounter. They are typically found in random encounters, rather than in fixed locations such as Fort Bannister. They are quite tough opponents, with good armor and very high health (More than twice that found on a rank 3) on par with that of a non-player character companion.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Only rank 1 mercs can be enslaved
Effects of player's actionsEdit
Whenever your Karma is good or very good these mercs will appear in random encounters and attack you on sight.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Talon combat armor||Chinese assault rifle or
combat shotgun or
AER9 laser rifle or
missile launcher or
combat knife or
.308 sniper rifle or
AEP7 laser pistol or
police baton or
lead pipe or
|Private contract, Pack of cigarettes||-|
- Talon Company merc ambushes may appear when exiting certain interior locations into the Capital Wasteland if the player's Karma is Good or Very Good, such as metro stations. These locations will also spawn Regulator ambushes if the player is evil. If both ambushes are spawned in the same location due to changes in player karma, they will fight each other.
- At a distance, randomly encountered merc patrols and ambushes may initially appear to be neutral towards the player. However, as soon as the player approaches them, they will force a dialogue box with the player in which they proclaim the player cannot "go around being a do-gooder," after which they turn hostile and attack. All subsequent Talon Company merc patrols will be hostile towards the player as soon as they appear.
- Unlike Talon Company mercs found in random encounters and ambushes, Talon Company mercs in pre-set locations (i.e. inside the D.C. Ruins, or Fort Bannister) are always immediately hostile.
- The body of one of the few rare female Talon Company mercs can be found on a catwalk in the first level of the Chryslus Building. Another female Talon Company merc's corpse can be found in the Corvega factory. Four others can be found in Metro Central. There is also one in the Capitol building.
- "Well, now... If it isn't the little saint from the vault. We've been looking for you. Someone's put quite a price on your head."
- "I want this one's head on a fucking plate!"
- "This ain't what I signed up for!"
- "Don't mess with the Talons!"
- "You're dead!"
Talon Company mercs appear only in Fallout 3.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Talon Company mercs may appear with facial skin tones that are abruptly different from that of the rest of their body, e.g. African-American body with a nearly albino face. See the Fallout 3 bugs page for more details. [verified]
- xbox360 You can talk to the Talon Company merc in the Capitol Building armed with the fat man, though your only dialogue choice is "I have to go now."
- pc While attacking Jabsco in Fort Banister four Talon Company Mercs the size of children will spawn behind you and attack.[verified]