I recently completed Tranquility Lane before completing this quest which forced its completion after exiting the simulation (since I had the power armor from the Anchorage DLC). I have all the keys, but not have not yet killed Tenpenny. My worry is how much this affects gameplay. I don't care about missing out on the caps from Crowley but I want to be able to use the keys later and also don't want to have to worry about Crowley stalking me. Should I stay away from Underworld or will he leave me be?
Fubarmonkey 05:51, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Amendment: Okay, I sneaked away from the main quest to go to Underworld. Apparently, Crowley will simply blow you off after "stealing" his armor. Oh well, I can live with that. I would imagine the keys still work to open the doors at the fort. If anyone has experience a similar problem, I'd like to hear it.
I'm currently blocked, Ted Strayer don't seems to have the key. Nothing in discussions in that way, nothing when I steal him, and when I kill him, a next quest step pop-up: "Find Ted Strayer's Key"
The key isn't in the room where he sleeps. Dunno where to look at, no clue..
126.96.36.199 00:54, 4 November 2008 (UTC)Aniki
- I got the key from his son in the Rivet City Market. I think. He was sitting in the chair by Flak & Shrapnel's. Revelation-23 22:38, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
Two notes sections Edit
I deleted the extra notes section.It had just the same stuff in it as the one above it.Leea 18:01, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
It's not only Azhrukal Edit
When I got this quest, Charon had already disposed of Azhrukal. I successfully persuaded Doc Barrow to get the information instead.
- Most of the named ghouls will give you some info on Crowley, (which the article states). Azhurukal says he has met Dukov, I think Quinn says he has met Dave, but the Doctor just gave general information that Crowley is up to something. Anyway I screwed it up by taking the armour, and have had it so long I can't be bothered to go back to get the max caps. It's not like I am broke or anything.
ICBM launch? Edit
What does it do? Is it just for show or did it effect anything in the game?
- I believe that ICBM has something to do with TITAN-2 missile which is late 50 or 60s IRL development. So technically by activating ICBM you might be launching TITAN-2, but since you are underground you cant have a visual on it. Probably its just for the show.RileyK361 14:40, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
I gave Crowley all the keys without thinking, later when he had the armor I used the Mesmetron on him, which caused him to go berserk and my follower killed him. I looted him, and returned to Fort Constantine. I was able to clear out the entire facility, including the stasis chamber without ever launching the ICBM.
The ICBM seems to only cause flashing sirens etc, nothing seems to have affected the game.
--Second opinion: I also was able to get all the way down to the stasis field without launching the ICBM. I got all the keys and went to Fort Constantine without interacting with Crowley. I couldn't tell that the ICBM launch affected anything beyond the sirens event.
--Launching the ICBM is not required to clear the dungeon.
- ICBM is Inter-continental Ballistic Missile, it's actually what MIRVs were perched on, (the MIRV in this game is wrongly named). If you look outside the base, you will see the hatch for a missile silo, still closed. Since it's been a couple of hundred years, not surprisingly, the missile doesn't launch. If you go back to the terminal after you attempt to launch, you will see an error message, and when you go back outside, the hatch is still closed. This is just a gag, and doesn't seem to do anything else. I was kind of hoping the silo might open at least and give access to a room.
- I confirmed this today: I dropped an item (if you must know, whiskey) onto the doors of the silo, then went and set off the missile. I then returned and found the whiskey was still there, exactly where I left it.
Also, if you look through the gaps in the doors, all you can see is concrete... and a slight bit of a big, black hole.
I thing ICBM stands for Inter Continental Ballistic missile but the codes do not work.
- Can people start signing their posts? ICBM does indeed stand for Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile. However, it would be over 200 years old at this point, and probably in no condition to launch. Or, if it did launch, it was aimed at something -very far away-. Keep in mind that in the Fallout timeline, missile technology was in waaay infancy compared to 'modern' missiles.Kahlzun 23:01, March 17, 2010 (UTC)
Can This Work? Edit
Have a little method on how to get the power armor, caps, and xp,. I need feedback.
- Get all Keys
- Tell Tenpenny about Crowley
- Give Keys to Crowley
- Kill Crowley
- Take Keys
- Unlock the Room containing Power Armor in the Fort
- Take Armor
Will this involve any glitch or not getting the xp?
- Worked perfectly for me. I intended to follow Crowley all the way to the fort, but lost patience and shot him in the back somewhere south. --DarkJeff 01:48, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
The only variation I've made to that is after getting the keys and the cap reward from Tenpenny, I then unlock all the doors in Fort Constantine without taking the armor. Then I hand off the keys to Crowley for the cap reward, then fast travel to Fort Constantine and take the armor. Crowley will hunt you down to kill you, but chances are at that point you'll be killing him in the Wasteland (or, strangely enough, once in Point Lookout) and not in a public place. --Webgiant 01:35, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
My Method Edit
I read the tips in the wiki and tried to get the most amount of caps without losing the power armor, without losing karma, and without getting the underworld ghouls to be hostile towards you:
- Start the quest by talking to Crowley
- Talk to the other Ghouls and report to Crowley that you have found out that he is planning something, Crowley will then increase the reward
- Get the keys(by persuasion, or caps)
- Talk to Tenpenny about Crowley(with a speech check, you get 100 extra caps up front)
- Give TWO Keys to Crowley, one by one(with a speech check, you get 100 caps per key instead of 25, so give one key to him, and save your game state, so you can quickly redo your speech with him if you didn't succeed the second speech check)
- Now, using a stealth boy, sneak up to him, plant a grenade in his pants, then, quickly stand up and talk to him, sell him the last third key(remember, speech check) and then tell him how Tenpenny made a better offer, Crowley will then become hostile and then die because of your grenade(remember to run away from him after the conversation!). The ghouls for some reason won't be hostile towards you now(even if another ghoul was killed because of the explosion).
- Loot Crowley and get the keys back (theres also a scoped magnum and some caps)
- Get 200caps from Tenpenny(I got a glitch where, I had to keep repeating the conversation about Crowley, eventually, he will remember his deal and realize that Crowley is dead and he gives you the caps)
- Now there's another glitch where the quest won't end, simply go to Fort Constantine and collect the armor to end the quest
in order to do the speech check for extra caps for each key, you have to first tell Crowley every time you talk to him that you're "still working on it"
I've just run into a strange glitch on the 360 version i'm playing. I have Dukov's Special Key, Tenpenny's Suite Key, Dave's Special Key, and Ted Strayer's Key. I killed Tenpenny before the Crowley quest, and Crowley took it for 25 caps. I used the toughness perk to get the key from Ted. I'm at Fort Constantine right now, and it won't let me in the basement door. Did I get the wrong keys?
- Might need Tara's key for that door. Her body is down in the bunker. I had all of the keys but hers and went through the door from the CO's Quarters, didn't have any problem finding her key and then eventually getting to the Fat Man/T-51b.--VwllssWndr 03:48, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
WARNING: I've run into a glitch on my game regarding this quest. At about 75 hours in I picked up the quest. Peacefully negotiated for all three keys, and then agreed to kill Crowley for Tenpenny. After killing Crowley you are instructed by your pip-boy to return to Tenpenny to collect your reward. But once you do all Tenpenny says is something about how he'll know when Crowley is dead and you get no reward or quest completion. To get the 360 achievement if you want to kill Crowley I suggest saving the game after acquiring all the keys, then give the keys to crowly. You don't even have to kill Tenpenny. Simply returning the 3 keys to Crowley will complete the quest and earn you your achievement. You can then reload the game and kill Crowley, or just kill him and take the keys back (but if you do this the quest is considered completed and you can not get a reward from Tenpenny). I'm hoping that there is a time delay with this quest as I just completed it last night (05/nov/08). If there is a time delay and Tenpenny recognizes that Crowley is worm food I'll edit this posting. I should have it figured out by tonight. - somebody who doesn't know how wiki editing works.
I also had a glitch like this. However i got all the keys, killing only Dukov. Tenpenny offered me 300 caps to kill Crowley and i accepted. Once he was dead, it said return to Tenpenny for the reward, which i got but the quest didn't check off on my pip boy. I then killed Tenpenny. My quest updated stating "Tell Mister Crowley, Tenpenny is dead" however Crowley is dead. The only solution to getting the achievement and completing the quest is to go to Fort Constantine and obtain the power armor. Hope that helps 188.8.131.52 18:01, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
Can confirm this glitch. Got all the keys, killed no one. Tenpenny offered 300 caps, i accepted. Killed Crowley, returned to Tenpenny, but no option to tell him Crowley is dead. I'll figure out another way to get this darn quest successfully done. Ryzawy 09:45, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Had the same problem myself, but i talked to tenpenny three or four more times and eventually he started the conversation with "Mister Crowley is dead, is he?" and got the two hundred caps. If you encounter this glitch I would suggest keep starting new conversations with tenpenny, or wait a little while and come back later and talk to tenpenny.
Okay, here is one possible solution: Get all the keys, killing no one. Then head straight to Crowley, NOT speaking to or killing Tenpenny. Crowley will thank you for the keys and hands over some caps. He won't mention Tenpenny at all. Quest successfully completed, Achievement will unlock. Ryzawy 10:12, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
I have recently run into a strange glitch associated with this quest. I have acquired all three keys, and gave them all to Crowley. However, I then pickpocketed all the keys back for myself, but the quest is show as completed with no achievement unlocked. Any suggestions for this? Is killing Crowley the only way to unlock it? (P.S. I have killed all the men except Ted) —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
OK, have you guys tried getting the armor after killing crowly? Supposedly that also completes the mission and unlocks the achievement. It's certainly a bug, but it would have been waved due to an easy work-around. —ErzengelLichtes (Contribs) 01:58, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
I got all the keys and killed everyone but Dave witha shot to the head, but when I talk to Crowley the only options I have are to tell him that they did NOT die from headshots, which they did. 184.108.40.206 03:08, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
The Tenpenny glitch can be solved by repeatably speaking to him, after a few attempts he will recognize that Mr. Crowly is dead and pay you. Job done.
^^^^^^^ that's what i did^^^^^^^^
I came upon the glitch too... I got all keys through speech, gave all but one of them to Crowley to collect the caps, then killed him and went to Tenpenny's to collect the reward. But he didn't have any dialogue options of knowing that Crowley was dead. So I'm pretty much stuck there. Maybe the glitch happens if you have already stolen Tenpenny's key from him (which I did) and there is no way to give it back to him. One more thing: can anyone confirm the solution where you repeat talking to him? Because that hasn't worked so far....Chagrian 13:36, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
Italic text==Stealing the armor== I did as suggested in the article: I got all 3 keys, unlocked all the doors, went to Crowley and gave him the keys (didn't even have to kill tenpenny. Bug), then fast-travelled back to the fort and stole the armor. A few days later, Crowley hunted me down in just outside MDPL-13 Power Station and attacked me without so much as a word. I really wasn't expecting that so I didn't get to sneak attack him. I've updated the article to reflect that he can hunt you down elsewhere besides the fort. —ErzengelLichtes (Contribs) 00:02, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
I was attacked by Crowley after taking a nap in the Brotherhood Citadel. Really makes you wonder, here the last great hope for humanity had to fight through Enclave for survival and only gained entry with the help of Doctor Li while Crowley manages to waltz right into their outpost with a revolver and a bad attitude. I thought the Brotherhood shot ghouls on sight... 220.127.116.11 01:31, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
I decided to give the keys to Crowley and then follow him. What followed was a long winding journey south to Rivet City, then west past Fort Bannister, north of Arefu, south, east, and eventually up to Ft. Constantine (which I hadn't previously discovered). We fought lots of bad guys together, and he nearly died when fighting a group of giant radscorpions. Right outside of Ft. Constantine, he said something and then went hostile and tried to kill me. Maybe just going to the fort before he gets his power armor makes Crowley hostile to you. 18.104.22.168 14:03, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- ''Not really, sometimes Crowley will shoot you straight and sometimes will only say something about thievery.
I followed the same technique as the above poster, with similar results. I brought Charon along. It really is a long journey, but quite entertaining. Crowley stands his own well against the NPCs, though he experienced trouble fighting wildlife such as scorpions and Yao Guai. As soon as he crests the hill in front of Fort Constantine, he turns hostile, but is relatively easy to kill (especially since he turns hostile before he turns to shoot you, and thus allowed Charon to shoot him in the back two times). It's the solution I'd use for characters with low Charisma skills.
To all the completionists out there, if you follow the suggested way of concluding this quest, it is considered as if you recieved the reward from Tenpenny for killing Mr.Crowley (although you don't actually receive it). The hollow sub-quest box becomes solid.Chagrian 11:05, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
This is how I completed the quest, along with another one. Assuming you HAVE NOT negotiated any deals at Tenpenny's hotel with the ghouls. 1)Talked to Crowley, received quest 2)Talk to ghouls (I talked to quinn?), speech check or 50 coins and they will tell you Crowley's "bigots" is really a scam. 3)Talked to Crowley, call him out and he will offer you more caps AND tell you he only wants Tenpenny dead, just get the keys off the other 3. 4)Got keys via speech check or 200 caps (duhvok or whatever) 5)Travel to Tenpenny hotel, start Tennpenny hotel quest with ghouls. 6)I worked out a deal with the ghouls, and they moved in. Roy Phillips kills Tenpenny, now no one is hostile in the tower and tenpenny is dead. You can PROBABLY open up the door in the basement, but I didn't go this route to finish the quest. 7)Return to Crowley, give him keys (Speech check for 100 caps each, but he should give you full price 100 caps if you called him out earlier). This completes the quest, giving you 325 caps (25 for non-headshot on tenpenny) and experience. 8)Kill him silently or follow him and kill him, get the keys, go to the fort.
I ran into a similar problem right,
i got the 3 keys of dave, dukov and strayer then i went to get tenpenneys.
then i took the caps tenpeney gives you to kill crowley.
for NO REASON TENPENEY PULLED A GUN ON ME!!!( i blew tenpenney of the balconey)
then i went to crowley talked to him he didnt believe AT was dead.
HE PULLED A GUN ON ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ON THE QUEST SECTION ON MY PIP-BOY IT STILL SAYS TALK TO CROWLEY!!!!!!!
- A bit demanding, are we? Couldn't even take the time to leave a signature. Truth be told, I have no idea why this might happen, and, given the amount of information you've presented, likely nobody does. What did you do beforehand? What quests have you completed that might coincide with Tenpenny? Did you attack or inadvertently try to pickpocket anybody in Underworld? Did you say the wrong thing to Mr. Crowley? If you're stumped, can you load a previous save game and try again? Occasionally the game's scripts get messed up, and it helps to reload. QuakerTroy 02:59, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
On my PS3 version, i unwittingly gave Ted an overdose of psycho, where he later on died. As i did not realise he died from this, his body dissapeared. However, i had not started the quest and when i did, he respawned and was back in Rivet City. Is this a glitch or are we seeing Strayer Junior Junior?
When I tried this quest, I ignored the keys entirely, warned Tenpenny, took his offer, and killed Crowley. When I spoke to Tenpenny again, he immediately realized Crowley was dead, without having to select a dialogue option, and gave me the reward. However, it doesn't say I've completed the objective of recieveing the reward, and the quest remains incomplete. This happens every time I reload the auto-save. EDIT: From my last normal-save, I went and got the keys non-violently and gave them to Crowley. The quest was marked completed. So at least THAT still worked.
I killed him, and the guards didnt care. I killed him in the History museum place on Rivet City(while "Hidden), while Abraham was in the room w/ the bed. Article is probably wrong, but maybe if you kill him while asleep they care? ~~00:27, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
I shot him with Victory Rifle while he was wandering around flightdeck, guards did not care.
I killed him in sleep (without sandman) with Combat knife stealthed and using stealth boy, guards did not care unless someone saw me leaving his room.
I killed him in sleep using sandman perk(he did not scream)again guards did not care unless someone saw me again leaving his room.
Probably it depends on line of sight, but Fallout 3 is not a stealth game.RileyK361 09:39, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
- I pickpocketed him while he was sleeping in the commontgffdgegerherdghykiute43wegtdr32tnhju5434y room, but got caught - everyone went nuts and the guards started shooting me. Gun noises don't seem to matter with a fatal shot, (making the silenced pistol redundant). Wounding seems to alert NPCs but killing someone outright in VATS, or with a critical shot won't. Even if the victim was talking to someone else at the time. Bit of an oversight, seeing as how most of the other sneak elements work fine.
- If you are "hidden", it means no one can see you, so you won't be blamed by other NPCs, regardless of how many are in the room with you at the time. Blahguy 09:50, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Do you know whever you get bad karma for this quest?
I blew Tenpenny's head off Edit
And I could only say he didn't die of a headshot. Can it not be a decapitation or what?22.214.171.124 02:41, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
Actually you Need to use a sniper rifle for headshot
Yeah its pretty much confirmed you have to use a sniper rifle to shoot him in the head. 126.96.36.199 03:32, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
Also, if you have the Bloody Mess perk and/or part of the body gibs on death, it won't count as a head shot. Getting all the bonus caps for this mission is just about impossible with Bloody Mess. - Eller
I find this to be a bug, too. I'm on an XBox 360, and more often than not, despite having killed Tenpenny with a single shot (in VATS) to the head, with the sniper rifle, Crowley still doesn't give me the option to collect the 100 caps for the kill.--188.8.131.52 20:52, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Wrong. I'm on the 360 version, AND I had the bloody mess perk, and I shot him in the head with a silenced pistol. Took a couple reloads to get it so ONLY his head came off (If more than just his head blows off, then it doesn't count as a headshot). I wen't back to Crowley and had the dialogue option of saying I shot him in the head. 184.108.40.206 00:30, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Well that's weird... I blew his head off with a Hunting Rifle (Ol' Painless actually) in VATS, a perfect 1 hit KO, I had taken the Bloody Mess perk, and still managed to get the 100 caps from Crowley.ClearClover 08:29, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
i cant find dukovs key Edit
i killed dukov and his 2 girls i may have taken his key i cant really remember. but now i go back to check if they are there in dukovs place and there are no bodys. what should i do. and is it possible for me to get the key some other way?
- Access your PipBoy inventory under MISC ... scroll down to the keyring and open it. If you got Dukov's Key, it'll show up there. Remember, it's pillage THEN burn. ;DShadowgm 20:08, 7 January 2009 (UTC)Shadowgm
before the quest starts I hired charon and then he killed the guy who gives you the quest. does this mean i cant do the quest anymore? please HELP!
You can get Cherry, one of Dukov's girls, to steal the key for you, in exchange for babysitting her on the road to Rivet City. One surefire way of getting the key. --Webgiant 01:37, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Wierd Glitch with Dukov's Key. Edit
Alright, so I blew up Megaton, got my Tenpenny Suite, then made it so the ghouls and humans would live together. Well eventually afterwards Roy Philips kills everyone except Mister Burke in Tenpenny. I already killed Dukov and found his key. I went to Mister Crowley and went through the chats with him about who I have to hunt down and kill, and got the Quest: You Gotta Shoot Em' In The Head(think thats what it is called). Allistar Tenpenny was crossed off because Roy Philips killed them him. Didn't need to give any kind of key from Allistar to Mister Crowley.(Don't know if you are supposed to but its not listed in my quest objectives) Then I tell him Dukov has been killed and he says he wants proof. I show him proof by giving him the key. Now here is the glitch. In my Quest log it says I have completed the killing of Dukov and had found his key. But it says I did not give the key to Mister Crowley, when in fact I did. Don't know why it happened, and I saved after that, and no save from beforehand. Im going to see if I can steal the key back. If he doesn't have it, I am going to hate having to start over after play for 30+ hours. Im going to be really really P'd Off if it doesn't work.
- Exact same thing happened to me, I also blew up megaton.. don't know if that has anything to do with the glitch, but I killed Dukov earlier in the game and I remember looting the key but am not sure. Now, when I check my questlog it says that the objectives to kill Dukov and find his key are completed, but the key is nor on my keyring nor on Crowley (I tried pickpocketing). ANYONE, A SOLUTION? (note that I cannot use console commands to fix it, as I play it on xbox).
- Happened to me on PS3. Stumbled on Dukov's place while running from Mirelurks. They chased me into Dukov's, and killed him (but left the girls alive). I took his key, and when I later took Crowley's quest, I told him Dukov was dead and gave him the key. My PIP still says give Crowley Dukov's key, and it isn't on my keyring anymore. Thoughts? (On a side note, I went back to Dukov's to look for the key on the off chance it reappeared, and now a mirelurk and 2 mirelurk hunters spawn INSIDE, as well as Dukov's girls. Also, when Dukov originally died by the mirelurks, even though i could clearly see his corpse and loot it, I could still hear his conversation with his girls.)
-OK update on this: I got last key i was missing, and went to talk to Crowley. Even though my pipboy thought i still had dukov's key, the quest completed and Crowley took off for the armor. So maybe it was just a glitch?
"You haven't seen the last of me!" Edit
I finished "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In the Head" a few nights ago; I unlocked all of the doors in Fort Constantine, traveled to Underworld, gave Crowley the keys, then fast-traveled back to Fort Constantine to get the armor. Mission completed, got my caps and my shiny new T-51b Power Armor.
Last night I was wandering around the Wasteland picking up stuff I didn't have already (cleaned out Fort Independence and Arlington Cemetery). When I got back to Megaton, it was 2:30 AM game time; too late to head to Craterside to sell stuff off, so I decided to go back to the house and sleep for 7 hours.
When I woke up, a Ghoul in a gray suit was standing at the doorway to my bedroom. At first, I thought the game had glitched: why did Charon take off his armor? And why does he seem hostile towards me? Then I realized Charon was still standing there in his Outcast Power Armor. Another Ghoul was in my house! When I targeted him, I realized it wasn't just any Ghoul: it was Mister Crowley! That ugly [expletive deleted] had come into my house to kill me! Apparently, he survived the trip out to Fort Constantine, saw that the armor was missing, and came to settle the score.
This was easily solved with a point-blank shotgun blast to the head. Crowley had all of the keys on him, as well as his Scoped .44 pistol and some ammo. He also dropped a Finger.
I didn't realize it was possible for anyone in the game to actually track you down and come gunning for you. I threw his headless corpse in the bathroom, since it's unlikely I'll ever be able to get it out of my house.--VwllssWndr 01:33, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, this happened to me, too. The only difference is that I had killed him for the keys, got the armor, Got the caps from Tenpenny, killed him and Burke (who hangs around if you nuke Megaton), went and resurrected Crowley because my game glitched and the quest didn't finish, told him that Tenpenny was dead (for some reason, he was not hostile at the time). I slept in the bedding in the church where you find the Drifter guy, and when I woke up, I was starring at Crowley's ugly mug, him emptying his magnum.Wonder why this happens...(it is also worth mentioning that you get good karma from both Tenpenny and Burke, who, at their times of death, where inside the building; the guard outside didn't even look toward the gunshots! The dialogue for the occupants regarding Tenpenny doesn't change after that, either.)--A User Who Stumbled on this wiki and decided to say something about it's new-found hobby
Okay, here's my weird Crowley story. I acquired the keys and found the armor far before I met him in the underworld. I used the reverse pickpocketing trick to give the armor to Sydney when I met her since I used her and the other Temporary followers to go to Point Lookout and the Pitt. I left them in My Megaton House waiting for me, and while I was out I happened to give the keys to Crowley. So when I get back to Megaton, I find Crowley in my house standing next to Sydney like an awkward lover. He is not hostile to me, but he accuses me of stealing from him and won't talk. He just stands constantly in the same place, next to Sydney, or if she leaves with me on a quest, wherever she stood last. Crowley is now a permanent grouchy roommate.--MessyDwarf 17:40, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Resetting a glitched quest? Edit
This quest is GLITCHED. I had Strayers key, and took the third option on my first EVER talk with Crowley. I was able to lie about the keys and headshots... Weird thing is, I hadn't accepted a deal! Now I just have "I better get to hunting down those other targets." And a question about underworld. Is there any way to un-glitch this quest, as I want both me and Charon to have the armor. (I have the DLC) Can I use the console in any way to complete the quest? If not, I will just use the unlock command to get through the bunker. Thing is, I don't know where it is :( 220.127.116.11 11:57, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Error in article - getting Dave's key Edit
I just followed the page's instructions and was wondering why Dave didn't give me his key after I got the ambassador speech success. Turns out you do in fact need to talk to him about Mr Crowley (the article at time of writing states you should avoid doing so). It offers several more speech tests and after a couple there's one where you can suggest he give you his key. He gave it to me of his own will even after Fawkes killed his wives! Anyway, the article is misleading and needs to be edited.
- I agree with this, unless it's different on the consoles; I'm playing the PC version and the "ambassador" speech check does not award the key. Darkness Squall (talk) 11:10, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
Confusion about KeysEdit
Did anyone else think that Tenpenny was supposed to have one of the four keys based on the intitial quest dialogue with Mr. Crowley? Tenpenny was killed by Roy Phillips prior to my start of this quest, so after I retrieved the three keys and gave them to Crowley and Crowley heads out the door, I'm thinking there was some glitch in the game. Otherwise, how is Crowley going to get in the fort without Tenpenny's key? I dont think the game made it clear that Tenpenny did not have a key. 18.104.22.168 03:12, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Moved from Article as part of cleanupEdit
Now you have a few choices, you can
- Go to Tenpenny Tower and speak with Allistair Tenpenny
- You can either kill him, or accept his offer to kill Mister Crowley instead
- Go to Fort Constantine and use the keys to get the T-51b power armor
- Return the keys to Mister Crowley
- Go to Fort Constantine and use the keys to open all doors, but don't take the T-51b power armor. After that go to Mister Crowley and give him the keys. Then go back to the fort and grab the armor.
- After taking the armor Mister Crowley will search out the player, and attack you in any location.
- Once at Fort Constantine Mister Crowley will become hostile to the player until he has the T-51b Power Armor.
- Kill Mr. Crowley. Note: Killing him will provide no karma loss and will provide a finger (provided you have the Lawbringer perk).
- Returning the keys or collecting the power armor both count as a successful conclusion to the quest. Of course, if Mister Crowley already has the keys or you just gave him the keys, you can steal them back or kill him for them.
- If you're going to kill Mister Crowley anyway, you might want to warn Allistair Tenpenny that Mister Crowley wants him dead. Allistair Tenpenny will offer you 200 caps (300 caps with speech) to kill Mister Crowley instead.
- If you have completed the Operation Anchorage simulation or have retrieved the armor for yourself, Mr. Crowley will tell you that you took what was rightfully his.
The Most Profitable Way is to:
- Start the quest.
- Talk to the people of the Underworld to learn more about Mister Crowley, and then have a little chat with him to receive the 100 additional caps.
- Get the keys from Dave, Dukov, and Ted Strayer (there is no need to kill them).
- Go to Tenpenny and tell him that you were sent by Crowley to kill him, then pass the speech challenge for a 300 cap reward, receiving 100 caps up front.
- After you get your caps, blow Tenpenny's head off.
- Return to Mister Crowley and tell him Tenpenny is dead. Get the 100 caps for killing him, and then end the discussion without mentioning anything about having the keys.
- Talk to Mister Crowley again. Initially (if you did not kill the people who had the keys), you'll only have the option to tell the truth about how you got one person's key (receiving 25 caps), or say you have not gotten the keys yet. Choose the latter. In the next list of things to say, you'll have the option to lie about having killed the key's owner. Pass the speech challenge, getting 100 caps, and then close the discussion. Save the game, and repeat the same for the two other people whose keys you got.
Additionally, if you pickpocket each key back one by one after passing the speech challenge, you can open up the dialogue again and turn them in again. This will award you the standard 25 cap payout per key on top of the 100 caps you already received. You have to steal each key back before Mr. Crowley has them all in his possession or else the quest will be completed.
- Once that's done, the quest will be completed. However, you can still get the armor. All you have to do is steal the keys back from Mister Crowley (soon after you give them to him obviously, before he goes and gets the armor), and then just go get the armor yourself. Mister Crowley can then be found back at the Underworld, asking you (when you get close to him) if you've seen any keys, which he thinks he has lost. If you try to talk to him he'll claim that you "took what was rightfully mine, get lost."
Total reward: 600 caps, T-51b Power Armor, good karma (from killing Tenpenny)
OR (for those sadistic double-crossers)
- Obtain Dave's, Dukov's, and Ted Strayer's keys by hook, crook, or gun.
- Talk to Allistair Tenpenny and pass the speech challenge for 300 caps.
- Persuade a ghoul in Underworld to tell you the truth about Mister Crowley
- Turn in 2 keys for 200 caps via lying (save here, if you like to save between conversation attempts) **Note: This does not seem to work on the PS3 as you cannot lie about the keys unless you have killed Tenpenny. Also, if you have Charon with you and you decide to kill the marks leave him somewhere so he doesn't help. He will shoot at them also and you won't get credit for a headshot (even if you use vats to ensure a headshot).**
- Ask about the truth to get the 100 cap bonus, then turn in the third key with the lie (Do not exit conversation, or you'll only get 25 caps for giving him the key) for the last 100 caps.
- Kill Mister Crowley and loot all 3 keys. Kill him after he leaves and is out of sight of Willow (the guard), kill him in a shop where the only witnesses are nameless residents (and don't let any of them escape), or kill him, and everyone else in Underworld, if option 1 or 2 seem like too much trouble to stay friendly with the denizens of Underworld).
- Go back to Tenpenny and get the rest of your pay (then kill him for a fancy suit and a shiny sniper rifle).
- Collect the T-51b power armor to complete the quest.
Total Reward: 700 caps, Mr. Tenpenny's fancy suit, assorted firearms, and the T-51b Power Armor
Another Tip: If you are going to kill Mister Crowley, you first give the keys for the caps and then by using your Mesmetron you will be able to frenzy Mister Crowley (save before doing, because it will not always berserk him), and thus be able to kill him without any residents becoming hostile to you except Mister Crowley; the Underworld residents even help you killing him.
OR...If you have already completed Crowley's request for the keys, return to underworld later in the game, Crowley will be back in his place, wearing the T-51b armor, talk to him, and he will brag about it, then just kill him, and loot his body for the armor, and all the keys, if you want to explore fort Constantine on your own. This will not result in a Karma loss, or hostile underworld residents, because Crowley is considered an evil character, so you can loot him for a finger if you have the Lawbringer perk
You can also kill him in the middle of town with around 75 sneak, Chinese Stealth Armor/Stealthboy and a melee weapon. (This style of assassination works for any citizen you want to dispose of as melee weapons don't raise detection.)
Moved here as cleanupKingclyde 21:28, 30 April 2009 (UTC)kingclyde
Aggressive Crowley Edit
I finished quest like is stated in walkthrough. I opened all doors, give keys to Crowley, run to Fort Constantine, get Power Armor. After that Crowley didn´t show up, he didn´t find me and attacked me. He is still in Underground. When I come in Underground Crowley attacked me and all other ghouls become hostile to me while I am not aggressor. Is any way to get him out of Underworld?
I have no tips for you other then ..............................ITS UNDERWORLD!
Operation: Anchorage question Edit
I recently completed Op:Anch on Xbox 360. I just got to Underworld and am going to talk to Crowley. I have the Winterized Armor equipped but I was wondering...what if I just kept it stored in my Tennypenny Tower Suite? Would Crowley still be angry at me? Would this still result in the immediate "completion" of the quest? Thanks. --CanesOL79 06:36, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Thats what I did, you can keep it in storage and do the quest.GodPlageon 06:56, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Thanks. --CanesOL79 15:17, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Actually its Obtaining the Winterized Armor that ends the quest - hence the Tranquility lane problem. So if you keep it stored, DO NOT retrieve it until you finish the quest22.214.171.124 21:17, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
Finding Crowley After He Disappears Edit
It says you can find him if he falls. I've also read that he can get lost in the patomac (sp?). Can somebody please, please, please help me with a list of locations you have all found him at. Maybe this could be added to the page, as well? --IkBenDeMan 17:09, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Giving keys to crowley, then getting armor? Edit
I completed the quest, gave Crowley the keys, got paid, and left underworld. I had other quests to finish, and I had heard that Crowley would return to underworld days later with the armor in his possession, which I could then pickpocket from him. But many days have gone by and Crowley has not returned. If he died on the way to the Fort, where can I find his body and get the keys back? Or am I out of luck?
This is the same question I asked above you... --IkBenDeMan 19:59, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
Three Dog Quote. Edit
If you use the first option of getting the armor. (getting the keys and going for the fort to get the armor without giving the keys to Crowley. Doing so with no violence.) Three Dog will simply not comment on this quest. I used an auto save to listen to his news reports well over 60 times. Three Dog had a small selection of quests I did to comment on(power of atom, main quest, survival guide) and this one should have been talked about at least once.
My guess is if you finish this quest peacefully and by taking the armor from the fort to complete there is no radio report. If you kill the key holders or give the keys to Crowley to complete then perhaps there is a news report.
I don't think the news report accounts for too many scenarios. The news report seems to have Three Dog mention that the Lone Wanderer killed some "colorful characters" in the Wasteland, even if the only person who was killed for this specific quest was Allistair Tenpenny (and without deceiving Crowley about what transpired to the others). Lobsel Vith (talk) 17:18, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
Where does mr. crowly go after u give him the keys? i tried looking for him at fort constatine but he isnt there so i cant help but to wounder is he dead?
Keys: Moved from main page Edit
More notes on getting the keys.--Gothemasticator 03:21, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
Dukov If you wish to kill him, one method is to push him next to the motorcycle in the main room on the bottom floor and shoot it until it explodes. You can also duel him to the death, which should be fairly easy, as he is armed solely with a 10mm SMG and lacks armor. Dave If you help someone else win the Election for President of The Republic of Dave, Dave will abandon his republic. He will head west, to Old Olney, where he will most likely be killed by the large number of Deathclaws that have infested the town. You can also provoke Dave to attack you through speech, and he can then be killed without karma loss, but people will still turn hostile against you.
More Work To Do Edit
This article still needs more work. But I'm going to bed. A map of Fort Constantine with markers for the doors that require each of the special keys would be very helpful. As is, both this article and Fort Constantine are confusing when it comes to which key is needed for what.--Gothemasticator 03:29, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think that there's no reason for that since all keys are needed to unlock the doors so going up there without all the keys will waste more time as you have to travel back and forth between getting each key. if you have all the keys then activating the door will automatically use one of the keys so its not worth the work.--FLaSHBaCK HaSH 23:47, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
- The article says to go in the CO Headquarters and go on down. Each door you run into will be locked and will require one of the special keys. A map is not needed. If you have all the keys, when you get to it it will say "Use Key", when you use it you will be notified as to which one you used. This article needs cleanup up, not clutter up.--Kingclyde 00:33, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I only killed Tenpenny then I started doing the Pitt. Near the end of the Pitt DLC the minute I opened the locker to get all of my stuff back I got this achievement all I could think was WTF?...oh well saves me the trouble of having to do the rest of that quest.
The same thing happened to me, except I had only started the quest and when I got my stuff from the locker it gave me a quest complete and achievement. --126.96.36.199 04:37, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
- You must have got the Winterized Armor on you, and then lost it in the Pitt and re-obtained it from the locker. OBTAINING the winterized armor actually is mistaken for optaining the norma T-51B and ends the quest
Crowley Left Armor Edit
On the PC version, I gave Crowley the keys, and then a few days later i tried to pickpocket the armor and helmet from him, but he only had the helmet. I stole the keys, went to Fort Constantine, and the stasis field was down, but the armor was still there. So i took it, went back to Underworld, and had to kill him in his sleep, cause you get caught if you try to steal the helmet. Did this happen to anyone else?
- You're not the only one. I think the bug is listed on Crowley's page.--Gothemasticator 23:06, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- I went to Fort Constantine a long while after I completed the quest, and Crowley was simply in another room, smoking, with just the helmet in his inventory. I was able to take the armor and reverse pick-pocket it into his inventory, and he left Fort Constantine. He returned to Underworld wearing the armor. He wasn't hostile, and asked if I liked his new armor. Lobsel Vith (talk) 17:22, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
Accuracy Questions: Pickpocketing Mr. Crowley Edit
The article states that a) Mr. Crowley will equip the armor once he has it b) that you can pickpocket him to get it. I changed that to reverse-pickpocketing, because it's equipped, and you can't pickpocket equipped items. But it occurs to me that to use reverse-pickpocketing you'd have to plant better armor on him. Better armor? Does anyone know the truth? Can you pickpocket him to get the armor? Or, if reverse-pickpocketing is the method, what do you plant on him to get him to unequip the armor?--Gothemasticator 05:52, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
Killing Tenpenny before quest Edit
I have already killed Tenpenny. Will I still be able to do this querst?
- Yes--Kingclyde 23:44, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Tower Effects Edit
What strangely (though it's probably obvious) hasn't been mentioned in the article or discussion (that I saw at least, discussion is getting to be TL:DR), is what happens if you've blown up Megaton to earn yourself a suite at Tenpenny Tower, and then you shoot Tenpenny for this quest -- I.E. what impact will it have on your status with the residents of the tower, will everyone go hostile, etc? --KittenyKat 14:53, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- If no one witnesses you killing Allistair Tenpenny, they don't go hostile. It seems like Chief Gustavo takes over the Tower after his death. Lobsel Vith (talk) 17:24, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
Basement Storage room Edit
After helping Roy and his followers move into tennpenny towers without sending the evil ghouls in threw the basment to kill everyone but talking the residents in to letting them be neighbers with one another comepleting this quest i left the tower to do another mission when i went back to the tower to get the key from tennnpenny everyone was dead they said there body's were in the basment storage room i have looked the tower up and down in and out litterally everywhere and cannot find the basment storage room please where is it or is ther even a basment storage room....???
- Tenpenny doesn't have a key, you just have to kill him. If the ghouls move in and kill him, you will only have the option to tell Crowley that Tenpenny is dead, but not from a head shot.
--188.8.131.52 16:44, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
A fun way to do it... Edit
Collected the keys however you want. Go to Underworld and give them to Crowley and collect your reward. Follow him outside Underworld until he starts to run, then fast travel to Fort Constantine. Lay down several mines in the entrance to the armor room, then hide and wait. He will show up after about 7 to 8 hours. If you wait 7 or 8 hours at one time he doesn't show until you wait a second time, so wait 6 hours, then wait another hour and he should show up.
When he runs in to collect the armor, BOOM! Grab the armor for yourself and loot Crowley's body. --184.108.40.206 16:55, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Quest Requirments ? Edit
I went to underworld at lvl 15 and talked to Crowley serveral times, and he doesn't give me the quest. None of the keyholders are dead, I haven't killed Tenpenney either. Is there a Karma requirment or anything that has to be done first ?
- There isn't a karma requirement for this quest, as Crowley has asked me to take care of it with a Good and Evil karma based Lone Wanderer. It's possible that it's bugged for you. Lobsel Vith (talk) 17:26, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
The unfinishable quest paradox Edit
Ok this may have already been mentioned above or on the article, but I looked and still didn't find mention of it, at least in the article, the talk page I basically skimmed through, so sorry if I am just repeating someone else.
I came across a bit of a glitch (I call it a paradox) any way when doing this quest, I speech chalanged Tenpenny to give me 100 caps and than shot him in the head, I than proceeded to inform crowly that Tenpenny was dead, and than killed crowly to get the keys to the fort, any ways, a new objective came up telling me to tell tenpenny that crowly was dead, since tenpenny was already dead I couldn't complete the quest, I also found a similar paradox, where I killed crowly before Tenpenny, it said to tell crowly that tenpenny was dead after I finished him off.Superinsomniac 01:41, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Simply get the armor from Fort Constantine, it will automatically finish the quest and get you the achievement. Setimir92 22:28, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
Actually I still got the achievement after I told one that the other was dead, and the quest seemed to go away, than when I killed the living one it seemed to come back as if I had never finished it, I already raided fort constantine and had the armor, so I couldn't make it go away.Superinsomniac 23:53, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Speech challenged Tenpenny, Killed Crowley. Went back to claim reward from Tenpenny and received the caps. Quest doesn't end, achievement doesn't pop up. Went for keys and got them. Bomb storage basement door will not open... Confirmed Dave's key, Dukov's key, and Ted Strayer's key on key ring. Confused. stem 13:41 January 4, 2010 (UTC)
Crowley Committing Suicide Edit
So I did the quest the non-violent way, even blew off Tenpenny's head when he let the ghouls live in his tower, and I followed after Crowley as he booked-it across the Wasteland to Fort Constantine. When we got there, I watched from a distance (Because he will go hostile if you follow him into the Fort grounds) and watched him enter the bomb shack. I came back after a bit and found him in the Bomb shack wearing the armour.
Now here's my interesting little occurrence. I got cheeky and decided to snag the keys off him, no karma lost. I also snagged his helmet and reverse-pickpocketed it back onto him to see if he'd wear it. I left and came back, he wasn't wearing it, and he said I had stolen what was rightfully his. Ok, so I take the keys down to the CO area and feed my curiosity about this whole locked up area he was interested in. I even messed around with that ICBM launcher. I come out the other end to find myself in the same place I saw him wearing his armour before. Neat-O. Only I look around to see if I can find him since I'm not getting any dots on my compass. I find his body lying there with his magnum not too far from his hand...INTERESTING. Can anyone clarify on this? Is it really possible that Crowley committed suicide? There was no one else in the vicinity.
- Someone/thing else killed him and then walked away. No mystery. Definitely no suicide. Also, this gave me a laugh: "I did the quest the non-violent way, even blew off Tenpenny's head."--Gothemasticator 04:25, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Additional bugs Edit
I noticed some additional bugs and added them to the main page Bugs section, but all my edits got deleted, probably by some over-zealous moderator. So I'll post the bugs here. What the hell is wrong with mods who supervise these pages? Why the hell do they delete everything you add to fallout wiki? What good is this page if you can never contribute?
Ok, here are the bugs I noticed:
If you do not kill the marks Crowley sets you on, but use the speech checks to persuade him that you actually killed them by shooting them in the head, then steal their keys back from Crowley, you can give the keys to Crowley back again by saying that the marks are still alive (even though you told him just a second ago that they are all dead). You get another 25 caps for each key you've stolen from Crowley.
If you give Crowley all 3 keys and exit the conversation, it's no longer possible to report Tenpenny's death to Crowley. It's also no longer possible to tell Crowley about Tenpenny's offer to kill Crowley. You can still talk about Tenpenny after giving the 3rd key to Crowley and BEFORE exiting the conversation (because that completes the quest). Alternatively, give Crowley 2 of the keys, steal them back, give him the 3rd. Because he doesn't have all 3 keys, the quest is not completed. Now you can talk to him about Tenpenny.
Every time you give another key to Mr Crowley it is possible to ask him about the location of Fort Constantine even if you already know its location (either from himself or from one of the marks or by accidentally stumbling upon it or by taking the Explorer perk).
If you kill Crowley and collect the reward from Tenpenny, you can still talk to Tenpenny about Crowley (saying that he's alive) and even tell him that you are going to kill him for Crowley, which doesn't make much sense, as Crowley is already dead.
If you refuse to accept Crowley's new deal offer or if you tell him that Tenpenny made you a better offer, he will become hostile. If you attack him, all residents of the Underworld who see you fight him will become hostile as well. This is not right. When Crowley is set enemy of the player faction, he should be removed from the Underworld resident faction at the same time. Why would the other underworld residents side with Crowley just because the player disagrees with him? It's a business between the player and Crowley, doesn't make sense that the others get involved. WRFan 14:44, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Bugs belong on the discussion page until they are confirmed by two other editors. Like any game, FO3 is prone to random unrepeatable glitches, and listing those on article pages is not actually helpful. Rather, it clutters the bugs section, making it more difficult for readers to find info about whether their situation is a real bug or not.
- So, before adding bugs to article pages, please verify that they are repeatable in your own game (if they are not repeatable, they are not worth bringing up), and then post them on the discussion page with a title like, "Bugs needing verification." Keep an eye on the page, and if they show up confirmed by two other editors, then feel free to move them to the article page.--Gothemasticator 19:44, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- These bugs are not random, I checked out the Geck construction set, found the errors introduced by Bethesda and fixed the bugs I mentioned above. Since these bugs occur due to errors in dialogs and scripts, they simply cannot be random or "occasional", they occur every time and everybody will experience them until fixed through the GECK. I can only confirm this for the PC version of the game though, don't know about console versions. WRFan 17:04, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Dave has gone missing!!!! Edit
I completed the election quest 1st and got Rosie to be president. Now Dave is gone. What do i have to do. Can i complete the Quest????
- Dave goes to Old Olney if he loses the election (a nearby abandoned town located west of the Republic of Dave, inhabited by Deathclaws). Lobsel Vith (talk) 17:34, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
Rare Weapon Edit
All the adventurers came home rich (or dead..ish), and you don't get paid for failing.
Therefore, they got what they came for.
What rare weapon is associated with Tenpenny? Kahlzun 05:24, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
- The Fusion Pulse Charge isn't a weapon, though. It's likely meant to be either the Fat Man in the Armor room, or Tenpenny's Sniper Rifle. Nitty Tok. 04:57, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
- The Fat Man was still IN the room, and there's nothing special about Tenpenny's Sniper Rifle.
- And if you think something that makes a nuke go *BOOM* ISN'T a weapon, then the Fat Man isn't either...
- The Fusion Pulse Charge is not a weapon you can equip and use in the game, while the Fat Man is a weapon you can equip and use in game. By that definition it is not a weapon. Neither is a butter knife, a soda bottle, or any other number of things that outside of the game could be used as weapons but are not weapons in this game.
T-51b Armor from Fort Constantine Edit
Is the T-51b armor special, or is it a normal one like the one foind in the BoS soldiers?
Glitch Free Gotta Shoot them in the Head/Tenpenny Tower Edit
Kill Dukov, Dave with Head Shots in VATS. You can complete the Cherry and Election quests first and Dave can be
killed outside of the Republic.
Ted Strayer is in Rivet City. You can pickpocket him whilst he sleeps and then [LIE] to Crowley.
Start Tenpenny Tower and convince the locals to let the ghouls move in. Get the counter offer from Mr Tenpenny. Go and talk to everyone in Underworld about Crowley before talking to him again, you should get an new option that will net you bonus caps.
Go back to Tenpenny and kill him before telling Crowley and giving him all three keys to end the Quest.
Kill Crowley as he leaves Underworld in the Museum Entrance.
Back to Roy Phillips and tell him the good news for the ghoul mask.
Get the Power Armour later.
Tennpenny's Reward Edit
I got my reward from tennpenny but it still says I haven't yet in my objectives...
Me too, I was hoping someone knew what to to if this happens. Tenpenny even has more dialog after giving me the reward asking me to go kill Crowley again.--220.127.116.11 22:56, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
I have the exact same problem. Tenpenny gave me the reward for killing Crowley, then he says to kill him again. So I tried to get the armor for myself, then it won't let me open the last door. I have all the keys needed...
Happened to me as well. I killed Crowley, talked to Tenpenny and he says "Crowley is dead eh? Here's your reward" Or something along those lines, then I can say "Do you know a Mister Crowley?" and continue with the dialogue that I had before, or I can still choose the dialogue that makes him hostile...ANy way to finish the quest? I'm on 360 by the way..
- If I blow up Megaton, get the suite at Tenpenny Tower, then kill Tenpenny via this quest, does my suite get revoked and all residents in Tenpenny Tower are now hostile?
- If I kill Tenpenny via this quest, then meet Mr Burke at Tenpenny Tower, will the residents become hostile and I won't be able to get my suite?
Thanks, TobiasSmith 13:45, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Best scenario: Blow up megaton, accept the quest (either order for those), wait until tenpenny is alone on his balcony, shoot tenpenny (headshot), get reward from crowley, ???, profit! You don't lose your suite whatever happens, but if you kill tenpenny within sight of any of the guards/residents, they will be hostile for 72 hours. Pratstercs 21:51, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Crowley tracking you Edit
The main article correctly says that if you open the doors, give Crowley the keys, and then go back and nick the armor before he gets there, he will become hostile and track you. I did that, and he caught up with me a very long time afterwards, while I was sleeping in the Cliffside Caverns raider base. He woke me up after I had slept an hour and said, "There you are! Where's my property?" Unfortunately for him, I'd gone to bed with the Terrible Shotgun and so that was the end of Crowley. But I wonder if you can still negotiate with him at that point to give the armor back? Wunengzi 09:54, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
Exact Time Taken Edit
Does anyone know the exact time it takes Crowley to get to fort constantine and back? -bleep196- 00:59, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
It depends how much trouble he runs in to. With broken steel he'll most probably meet a Super Mutant Overlord by the citidal. He always meets a Deathcalw for me so he never gets there. He will likely die about 80% of the time.
That's a good question but I think it varies.
Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman!
missing helmet Edit
I gave crowley all the keys, allowed him to leave and didn't follow him. A few days later I decided to check if he had made it. He didn't appear in underworld so I when to check if he had take the armor. The doors where locked so after flying though some doors with the tcl command I found the armor still there...minus the helmet. The stasis field has still up and the fat man weapon was still on the table untouched.
Ok I killed Crowley and never took the keys i think i gave to him. Now i found out i need the keys. I can't find Crowleys corpse and don't have the keys to get the power armor. What can I do? 18.104.22.168 16:02, December 26, 2011 (UTC)
Console commands, pehaps? Loading previous save also helps. MysteryStranger: Trust in the power of Infinity! 16:05, December 26, 2011 (UTC)
Pickpocket bug Edit
I know the bug is listed that if you pick up the winterized power armor you may complete this quest but if this does not happen you could do this. Earlier today I put the power armor in an initiates inventory and took it out. That completed it also. -Zalakai
Tranquility Lane Edit
"If you have completed Operation: Anchorage, and continue until the Waters of Life quest, upon exiting Tranquility Lane, you may be informed that you completed "You Gotta Shoot 'em In the Head." "
Isn't it possible whoever reported this probably had the Winterized version in their inventory, and getting it back after Tranquility Lane triggered the quest completion? TheShotgunShogun (talk) 02:02, July 27, 2012 (UTC)
Yet another glitch Edit
I've negotiated for all the keys but killed Tennpenny before the quest. I gave Crowley the keys then pick pocketed them and fast traveled to Fort Constantine but the door says I still require a key. Loading a previous save isn't an option as I have a habit of overwriting my saves when I sense danger, and this is one of those times. Did Tennpenny have a key I don't know about, or is it just those three and my quest/game is glitched? Foxi Hooves (talk) 17:18, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
An alternative to being a very poorly paid, hireling assassin, for Mr.Allistair Crowley Edit
xbox.Lvl.14. No add-ons accomplished. Don't shoot the other mercs, Dave, Jeff Strayer/ Son Ted, or Dukov in the head. You will however ' head shoot' Allistair Tenpenny for positive Karma and to satisfy Crowley. Tell the three Mercs that Crowley sent you to kill them. They will give you their keys as evidence of your success. Go back to Crowley and in a speech check ask him where Fort Constantine is. He will mark it on your map since without the keys the info is useless to you. Leave and go to Fort Constantine. Unlock the three doors using the three keys leading to the T-51b but do not touch the armour or Crowley will know! Go back to Crowley, and using a speech check lie to him that you shot the Mercs ln the head. Crowley will then pay you the miserly 100 caps each and you gain 35XP each. An insulting sum for all your hard work. QUEST COMPLETE.! . But you want the T-51b Armour and turn Crowley, at his moment of triumph, into a dead stooge. If you let Crowley go to Constantine and retrieve the armour he will use the 4th key from Tara, leave the fort, and may get killed in the Wasteland (Several Yao Guai north of WKML) and never be found. Instead, give Crowley the three keys,take the payment and let him go on his planned trip. As he leaves the 9th Circle Fast travel to Fort Constantine, enter the unlocked doors, go down to the bomb storage room holding the T-51b,remove the 4th key from Tara,and crouch, hidden, just outside, behind the twin rusty pipes, but within view of the T-51b and wait just over 25 hrs for Crowley to appear. Your HP indicator will light up RED as Crowley comes through the Launch Control door and Crowley will head straight for the armour. SAVE. Still crouching, emerge from behind the rusty pipes, and follow just behind, into the room and watch. As soon as Crowley finds the armour still intact the HP light goes friendly.It will take him 10 minutes to switch off the stasis field and don the armour, and another 10 minutes to obtain the helmet, which he does not wear. Before turning to leave Crowley is vulnerable to a head shot. So at the moment of his Mercs triumph, 'You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head', and walk away with all the goodies and be rid of that 'short changer Mr. Crowley. If you decide to let him leave the room he is unable to escape the fort as you hold the 4th exit key and Crowley ends up trapped in the passage before the Warhead storage room. --1000HrsFallout3 (talk) 03:52, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
Another way to carry out the quest?Edit
I'm on a play through where my character absolutely hates ghouls of any kind, so is there a way that I can accept the quest, kill Crowley, and still collect the keys for the armor? Or is the quest marked as failed if he dies before he gets all of the keys?Foxi Hooves (talk) 01:36, November 23, 2013 (UTC)