One thing I noticed is that the game sometimes uses the wrong model for a Super Mutant. For example I found a Super Mutant (as it was labeled by VATS)but it's body design was clearly that of a Super Mutant Master. I've also seen the effect on non helmeted Super Mutant Brutes. I can't speak for the other systems as I'm playing it on PS3 so it may be a system exclusive fluke. They could be Brutes or Masters as I was too busy fighting them to see how many hits they took to fall.--KnightNapier 02:34, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yup. It seems that locations with special scripted mutants, like the one that converses with Shorty in the Germantown Police HQ, and the ones that attack Sydney in the National Archives, are set to always be named Super Mutant. The combat skills remain the same, but Overlords seem to have problems using the Hunting Rifle loaded onto them. Nitty 02:37, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
Senile or Sterile Edit
There may be a typo in Fallout Wiki 87 Super Mutant page. It says that they are senile but shouldn't that be sterile? I haven't seen any indication that these brutes are senile but they most certainly are sterile as they're always looking to dip people in the "green stuff".--KnightNapier 19:58, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- They're both. The mutation makes them asexual and almost completely destroys their minds.
Yes, they have a severely damaged brain, but there isn't any written evidence that they're senile, there is however, plenty of evidence saying they're sterile Aryeonos 01:05, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
The Behemoths are senile so Aryeonos and knight napier plus just beacause there minds are deystoryed doesn't mean there senile because senile means old whoevr you are --Please Welcome NCR President Andrew Parker 04:10, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
Definition of SENILE:
1: of, relating to, exhibiting, or characteristic of old age <senile weakness>; especially : exhibiting a loss of mental faculties associated with old age
2: being a cell that cannot undergo mitosis and is in the stage of declining functional capacities prior to the time of death <senile red blood cells> --Christian Broach (talk) 22:00, August 14, 2012 (UTC)
I was in the National Archives finally, and after fighting super mutants, I noticed a standard one with Overlord textures? Whats up with that? AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke? 21:20, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, any Super Mutant can use the name "Super Mutant" regardless of its design. At higher levels, the two Super Mutants in Germantown HQ can be Overlords. These are, from what Nitty said above, scripted mutants but are still leveled. It can really be a problem if you don't see one until you've emptied an Assault Rifle into it as it laughs.--KnightNapier 21:43, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Also, I was exploring a bit, and I looked through my scope of my sniper rifle and saw a super mutant that experienced that dwarfism glitch the raiders sometimes experience in those SatCom towers. Any explanation for this? AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke? 22:03, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
Super Mutant Speech Edit
If you look at the model for a Super Mutant, they don't have lips. Does anyone else think that this is why they speak in their choppy way? It's not intelligence as Fawkes and Uncle Leo speak the same way as your normal brute so could it be the lack of lips. It may be apples and oranges but Lou and even Harry have thier lips and they speak normally.--KnightNapier 21:46, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Harry's lips are held back by a leather strap. That, and testing seems to indicate that speaking with your lips peeled back doesn't do anything. Go ahead, try it. :) Nitty Tok. 21:49, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
- It was just an idea I had to explain their talking. It's probably just the way their voice actor protrayed them.--KnightNapier 21:53, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
The brain has many different parts that each control different parts of yourself. So you can be smart, but talk like an idiot. Apparently the FEV virus universally affects the part of the brain that affects speech. Miumaru 03:57, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
Failed FEV subject Edit
I think this is the right place to talk about it. Anyway, I was in Vault 87 and saw one. I wondered what would happen if I did the console command to resurrect one. (I.E. Resurrect or Resurrect 1) I did, and then I shot it. The game quit. But before it quit, I could've sworn that I heard it shout something like one of the super mutants. It was "Why wo--" then the game quits. Although it could've been a super mutant that did it. [[Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199|Jackass2009 20:26, February 15, 2010 (UTC)]]
Page move to "Vault 87 Super Mutant" Edit
Hey, since the correct way to spell the creatures is "Super Mutants" (with both capital letters), this page should be moved to a one called "Vault 87 Super Mutant", right? ;) --TheBearPaw 14:37, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
"The future of the D.C. super mutants is uncertain; it is possible that the Enclave destroyed the super mutants or ended their operations in Vault 87 when they captured the Lone Wanderer there, who already made some damage to their presence in Fallout Wiki. Even if this is not the case, the Lone Wanderer notifying the Brotherhood of Steel about Vault 87 as the origin of the super mutants would almost certainly herald an end to the production of any new mutants at the vault. However, if the super mutants found a new source of F.E.V they would likely continue their activities, considering the mutants previously mentioned organizational capabilities. Still, as the F.E.V has already ran out, Fallout Wiki 87 mutants might die out naturally."
Unlikely, considering they are biologically immortal - unless you count being shot in the face as a natural death. Should this be changed? --Cartman! 01:16, March 18, 2010 (UTC)
Well, the just get bigger and bigger . what if they got to such a size, that their brains would not be able to sustain them with nerve signals. but by then, they'd outdo Godzilla...
Why are theories in the entry? Edit
Ideas of how the supermutants are led don't really belong here, now do they? Mention of the fact that some SM can have higher intelligence like Uncle Leo is fine, but going into depth about your speculations doesn't really fit the encyclopedia idea (unless there is a mention to it ingame, which I doubt there is). Same with the "hive mind" idea. Wow. Why would they even bother to talk to each other if they had a frickin' hive mind? If I'm wrong, point me to an ingame reference. Otherwise leave it out of the article, yes?
- Done.--Gothemasticator 04:39, April 13, 2010 (UTC)
non-hostile to ghouls Edit
when you go through fargaut-west metro station, in the tunnels leading to the outside, a lone super mutant stands there. if the racroaches go near him he attacks, then occasionally a ghoul will detect him and attack him. other than this, would someone please test if they attack ghouls outside the metro station?
- They always attack Feral Ghouls. They'll attack Charon if he's following the player, not sure about otherwise. Kris (talk) 16:12, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
Has anyone noticed that if you look at a Super Mutant's back (preferably once they're dead) that the muscles are pulled away from the Mutant's spine and it is exposed from the base of the skull to the middle of the back, although it should be noted that on Overlords the flesh has healed but the spine remains exposed. I only just noticed this a few months ago (and this was after playing the game through five times!) and there is no mention of this interesting tidbit in the article and i didn't want to edit it myself for fear of screwing up and having angry messages sent my way.BattleBen 04:01, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
Where do they appear the midwest? Edit
I noticed it said they appear in some places in the midwest and i dont want to edit just in case its true. If it is where does it say this in any gamesKill-da-mutant 20:25, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
Dual wield Edit
Has anyone else seen the Super Mutant Overlod (labeled super mutant ingame) in the basement of Germantown Police HQ that's dual wielding two Chinese assault rifles? Kastera (talk) 22:35, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I've seen that it's always labeled Super Mutant but I've never seen it rocking dualies. Aside from that all I've noticed is that the dialogue keeps going even if you interrupt. 22:37, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
Overlord loot Edit
I've noticed that that Overlords have a fairly good chance of dropping mini-nukes, which I think is worth noting. Anyone else think so?
Hot Potato? Edit
I was fighting super mutants and one of them yelled "Hot Potato!" when throwing a grenade. Do any other enemies say this? I've only heard that one Super Mutant say it. If they're the only ones that say it, I think that should be added into the notable quotes section of the article.--Readerrw07 21:05, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Overlord level Edit
what level do you have to be for Overlords to appear, im hoping not always because then im screwed for some of my quests+i know this is off muties but i have the same question about feral ghoul reavers, what level do they appear at?
- Haven't played F3 for a while, but I recall them both showing up at around lvl 20. --FourWayDiablo(talk) 16:44, November 10, 2011 (UTC) (P.S. Fixed your link)
phew, once im about lvl 10 ill be heading to help the outcasts with the sim. and didin't want to run into any reavers on the way to 3 dog 188.8.131.52 00:21, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I may be wrong, so tread carefully anyway. I don't have GECK access, so I don't know exactly what the spawning triggers are. Reavers always appear in Point Lookout - everywhere else is level-based afaik. --FourWayDiablo(talk) 18:09, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
what console command do I type in to bring a Type 1 regular super mutant to my destination? Edit
What's the command to bring the regular type 1 super mutant to me? I'd like to spawn some to get some hunting rifles and destract the gaurds during escape.
Non-Hostility towards ghouls (according to Willow) Edit
Taking Down a Super Mutant BehemothEdit
There are many ways to take one of these beasties down - but the coolest I have tried (and it worked), is the following.... 1) Wait until dark 2) Use a Stealth Boy 3) Equip a Deathclaw Gauntlet get right up close to the SMB 4) Strike like crazy - when I utilised this approach with the SMB at Evergreen Mills, he/she could not find me and remained standing still until dead. Damn I love this game. The Happy Wanderer (talk) 07:42, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
Kill ideas Edit
How do you take down a behemoth they are tanks any suggestions PS I just bought the game of the year edition yesterday
List of all super mutant quotes Edit
I was looking for a page with everything that a super mutant might say in-game, but couldn't find one. I wanted to see if anyone knew already that Fawkes can say "Die, metal man!" when fighting a robot, at least in the RobCo Facility. AbsentCollaborator (talk) 02:44, March 22, 2013 (UTC)