I don't know where Billy Dee Williams came from. The credits and IMDB list Erik Dellums as having provided the voice. Revelation-23 22:36, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Billy Dee Williams was credited with performing Three Dog on his Wikipedia page, but without citation and before Erik Dellums had been added to FO3's IMDB credits. I've since corrected the Billy Dee Williams page. --Phiont 05:41, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
Three Dog's character is quite similar to Angry Bob (voiced by Iggy Pop) in the 1990 Film Mark-13 Hardware http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_(1990_film)
First time I heard about the guy, I immediately assumed from the name that he is a self-taught tribal DJ...--Amitakartok 22:48, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
When I first heard about the guy from the Brotherhood of Steel Knight just before you meet him, I thought "Three Dog" was his code name. I hardly ever bothered tuning in to his station prior to meeting him.
I move this here:
"Three Dog's howling may be in relation to the 1960's radio personality Wolfman Jack, who would play a recorded wolf howl during his time on the radio."
I think he howls because his name is "Dog" and doesn't have anything to do with Wolfman Jack. --MadDawg2552 19:59, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Dude, don't you have anything to contribute? Is your only purpose on this site to remove trivial content? I mean seriously. If you combine factors, three dog and wolfman just seem to correlate more and more. Both ran pirate radio stations at some point in their lives Radio Caroline in the wolfman's case. Both men have the same on-air howl. Both seem to use a small amount of Brooklyn accent. In many live appearances Wolfman Jack wore a big afro wig and large sunglasses. He was well know for promoting the the "Rebel" motorcycle.... Wolfman Jack urged patriotism and registration with the United States Selective Service - much as Three dog urges support of the Brotherhood.... In the Ray Stevens song "The Moonlight Special," Wolfman Jack got props as Mr. Sheepdog.....The list goes on but I'm sure it would be lost on someone with so little imagination. AshRandom (Talk) 20:52, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe if some of that was mentioned in the article or maybe *gasp!* a reference was pointed out it would be clearer for people that have never heard of Wolfman whosit. Maybe you should check on my contributions and you will see I have made positive changes to this site, not just remove stupid crap that shouldn't be here in the first place. If you can't tell by now, I hate trivia sections and I will tailor them for the betterment of the articles that contain them, seeing as how I am not allowed to remove them entirely. --MadDawg2552 21:00, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
it says he has one on his corpse but i killed him and he didnt have it..is there a certain way i have to kill him to get it?
- I don't think there is one. I checked his entry in the GECK and found nothing of the sort, and I'm also not turning up anything in the Notes section pertaining to him. --MadCat221 08:22, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Three Dog's diary doesn't exist, it's just a made up item by some noob probably. If the diary isn't in the game files, it doesn't exist. --Chiefsean16 20:16, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
We REALLY need to get started on a section that shows players his quotes to quest specific material or karma specifics.
- It really ticks me off when he cycles through his PSAs or won't shut up about Greyditch when all I want to hear is his Level 20 Neutral spiel. I kept that damn radio on for 30 minutes trying to hear that sound byte. 220.127.116.11 07:11, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- I just got lv 20 Neutral now and I heard it within 1 minute lol --18.104.22.168 07:29, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- That's a roger, adding them now.--Amitakartok 18:28, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
It's FIRES not VIRUS Edit
When Three Dog is talking about radiation, he says "flesh FIRES", not "flesh VIRUS."
No, i doubt he ment Virus, Im sure He meant fire as in a joke that radiation will cause your skin to catch fire and melt seeing as melting flesh seems to be right up a ghouls alley. (grammar and spelling edited by Kale Nekona 03:00, March 13, 2010 (UTC))
Quests that three dog comments onEdit
I'd really appreciate if there was a list of quests which three dog comments on. Believe it or not, I only do quests for his praise. Anyway, I know he comments on Trouble on the Home front at least, the megaton bomb quest, what else? --Dimatodd 21:49, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- This is the list from the GECK:
- Following in His Footsteps
- Galaxy News Radio
- Tranquility Lane
- The Waters of Life
- Finding the Garden of Eden
- The American Dream
- The Power of the Atom
- The Superhuman Gambit
- Agatha's Song
- Strictly Business
- The Replicated Man (only the negative ending)
- Oasis (about a forest fire, so I think only if you burn Harold)
- Rescue from Paradise
- Big Trouble in Big Town
- Head of State
- Stealing Independence
- The Wasteland Survival Guide
- The Nuka-Cola Challenge
- Blood Ties
- Tenpenny Tower (in favor of the residents and in favor of the ghouls)
- You Gotta Shoot Them in the Head
- Trouble on the Homefront
That is all.--Amitakartok 18:27, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
"Dr.Bloodmoney's" Walt Dangerfield Edit
First of all, I have never read Dr Bloodmoney. Anyways, Three Dog reminds me of Super Soul (Cleavon Little) from the movie Vanishing Point, the original version, released in 1971. Even though Vanishing Point isn't set in a post-nuclear universe, Super Soul roots for the main character just like Three Dog does in the game.
Where'd ya go? Edit
Three Dog just disappeared on me. Do you think he willed himself into the map or something? Joebucks 14:09, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Random bolding? Edit
What's with all the seemingly random bolding and caps in his quotes? --MadCat221 03:13, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- It's because these lines are emphasized in the speech. --wexer9 00:16, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Broken Steel Edit
Two things involving him and broken steel.
I think the level 21-30 comments should be listed as well.
Also, why does he sound more Nasally in the expansion? All the new sound clips for him sound different. --22.214.171.124 02:41, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
He also comments on the mission Who Dares Wins when it ends in the Brotherhood's favor.
- There's a bug with him in Broken Steel where, for some reason, he sometimes won't say karma titles from past level 20. Kahlzun 07:24, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
Quotes/Radio Dialouge removed? Edit
I'm leaving the article as is for now, but I notice the quoted radio dialouge was removed as "useless content". Is it written at some other part in the wiki? Because as far as I personally can see, that's pretty useful information to be posted somewhere. Kilereren 02:04, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
I'd like to see it put back. TearsOfBlood 10:09, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
I third that.
I'll fourth that. SapphireTomoe
brother ? Edit
if your mother is african american as her model surgests, could 3 dog be your brother. dad went to 3 dog for some reason, on his leaving vault 101. it puts a bit of a twist on some of his chatter :O) or am i getting into this game way too much ?
Jeez, that is terribly offensive, just cause someone is black it doesnt mean the next black person is related. Killin' mutants since 97 04:55, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
- No, it's actually not offensive, since he bases his reasoning on more than just skin colour. Tagaziel (call!) 07:34, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
three dogs technicion Edit
I killed Three Dog and his technician took over the radio saying "Hello, this is the technician speaking into the microphone like anyone gives a shit." :0 Looks like "The Good Fight" has a technician.
What would happen if you kill Three Dog? Edit
So...What happens? Does it hurt your quest at all? Do it turn teh brotherhood against you? What happens?
His technician takes over, and doesn't say anything funny :(
Speech test Edit
I've tried the speech test for like 20 minutes now.. To skip the quest. It feels impossible. I have 60 speech and there's 38 percent to success.. And still it always fails. Is this a glitch, bug or just VERY bad luck? I will comment 10 mins later if I get it.
Does anyone else occasionally have Three Dog get "stuck" in a run and constantly report just one thing, ignoring any newer resolved quests?
Lately all I hear Three Dog talk about is the killing of the Ghouls outside Tenpenny Towers, despite having done a lot of quests sicne then - it was a long time ago.
This happened in another run with the same quest, not sure if that'll happen for other quests or just that.
Other Influences Edit
I am sure Three Dog sounds and acts a lot like Mad Dog, the 70s DJ from the Lionhead games The Movies, unless they both are influenced seperately from the same source, because the DJ sounds like Three Dog and howls on air. Thetford 14:35, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
New Vegas I hope Edit
Is there any possibility that Three Dog (The most awesome character in Fallout 3) will be in Fallout: New Vegas. the explaination for this is #1: When you upgrade his sattilite in the GNR quest it could reach Vegas (I know its an optional quest but eventually someone else would do it) #2: Even if Three Dog dies he is so awesome he can transmit his message from beyond the grave #3: No DJ could ever replace him (and Bethesda knows it) #4: If the unimaginable happens and Three Dog cant transmit his message from beyond the grave he will pass on his head wrap and glasses to a worthy succesor (NOT Margrete) #5: If Three Dog cant transmit his message from the Capital Wasteland to the Mohave Wasteland he might feel the calling to fight the good fight in the west #6: If you think Three Dog cant get to the mohave wasteland its possible for an old guy to get from the east to the west in a nuclear wasteland america (proven in Book of Eli)
Observer Eyebot (126.96.36.199 07:09, August 26, 2010 (UTC))
- No, no characters from Fallout 3 will be making an appearance in Fallout: New Vegas. --Kris mailbox 12:12, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, aside from the Mysterious Stranger. 188.8.131.52 14:39, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Wat a sec, if he's not showing up in new vegas then how they gonnna point out your achevments? theres NOBODY good enough to take his place.
- wrong 5 dog 3dogs grandson even thought he doesnt know it cuz while experimenting with jet in the wasteland he came across many many people to have sex with there for 5 dog can and will be there
- It's probable that if the Courier's deeds are reported on the radio, it will be done by Mr New Vegas.
while im glad a "dog" period will be in new vegas im kinda pissed how much a rip-off it is, i mean 3-dog was original it was fresh, 5-dog is just...wow, howed they come up with that..--Toolazytomakeaaccount 10:15, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- There is no 5dog in Vegas. Tagaziel (call!) 11:14, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, there is a possibility he's returning in a future DLC. It said a personality from Fallout 3 would be returning for a future dlc, and I think him. Why? Because, I have evidence. Not of it being him exactly, but someone's coming back. Jackass2009 04:19, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
Cleaned misleading information Edit
There is no such unmarked quest with Three Dog. So I've deleted the following text:
Caching in with Three Dog: You can receive an additional reward if you finish the Galaxy News Radio quest after discovering your father's whereabouts from someone other than Three Dog, or by using a successful Speech check to tell him you know where your father is.
The real thing is that the "Galaxy News Radio" is not a main quest but a side-quest given by Three Dog. The additional reward doesn't exist at all. There's just the weapons' cache that you can get by completing "Galaxy News Radio". This one mission can be initiated before progressing in the main quest (notably by failing the speech check to advance "Following in His Footsteps" or if you choose the second speech option), simultaneously if you immediately speak a second time to Three Dog after he's told you information on your father, or at any time later in the game if he is still alive. --N00w 17:10, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
I always thought he was named after the band Three Dog Night, that was popular from 1968 to 1976. But that Dog 3 thing sounds more plausible. Should Three Dog Night be mentioned in the article? Jackass2009 04:51, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
What happened to all of the quotes/ sayings by Three Dog? Mr. New Vegas has them, and I know Three Dog did also.
Slaughter comment Edit
I don't know why, but there's a note in the article saying that when he mentions "wholesome slaughter" that it should be "wholesale." I don't think Three Dog made a mistake, but rather, was being sarcastic. 184.108.40.206 02:35, March 19, 2011 (UTC)Kaz
I added the note. Sarcasm? I don't see (hear) it that way at all. I take it as kind of an obvious mistake (that aggravates me every time I hear it). To cover all bases, I changed the comment to be more objective TedShred 21:05, March 24, 2011 (UTC)
I went into the Construction Set and it said that this guy was actually asian. (As his race)
needs cleanup Edit
id anyone else notice the problem with this article? "he stumbled across oasis while he was taking jet" where does that guy got this information? "he grew up listening to rock" what the hell? rock isnt even played in gnr its a jazz/big band/blues station, not rock.
He himself mentions stumbling across the Oasis on Jet if you do enough talking with him. Plus his listening to rock is mention in the official game guide.
all i heard was him talking about oasis on the radio. and the rock thing is probably just one of the many mistakes in the oficial game guide, maybe bethesta was planning to make gnr a rock station, but now its cut content.
Taped vs. live Edit
The section on whether GNR is taped vs. live states that Three Dog sometimes also says he's "live;" the only time I think he does this is immediately after installation of the Virgo II dish in the Washington Monument, when he says he's having a "special live edition" of the show. Slinkygn 21:54, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Saint Paul Edit
The term "Fight the good fight" was originally said by Saint Paul in the Bible, I think the Book of Timothy, and I was wondering if it should be put in the Behind the Scenes on the page. -The Polar Bear lives 01:46, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Source needed Edit
Uh, he grew up listening to rock music? Seems unlikely given his current selection of tracks, and where is the source for this claim? 220.127.116.11 22:49, February 21, 2012 (UTC)urmom.
- There's two reasons he plays what he does. 1: Licensing rules in real life kept Bethesda from loading it up on rock. 2: The music he has is all he could scavenge in playable condition. 18.104.22.168
Song Announcements? Edit
So, for the first time today I've been hearing Three Dog actually comment on what songs he's about to play. Something along the line of "It's Billie Holiday, with 'Crazy He Calls Me'." I've only started hearing it on this new character, after JUST reaching DC for the first time. Anyone know why I haven't heard this until now? FullOnFedora (talk) 22:54, January 20, 2013 (UTC)