Permanent Residence? Edit
Is the presidential suite an owned residence once you get the key?
can some one get some info on the sub basement in Ben's suite?
- It's nothing. I console-unlocked the elevator. It's a bunch of Vault maintenance tunnels (The wider, arched ones) with those bulkhead doors. All doors are inaccessible except one that when unlocked. opens onto nothingness. The map marker says it's part of Vault 23. Maybe they wanted to add another way of sneaking into Benny's suite going through Vault 23? --RickRoller 04:31, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- If you jump out into that "nothingness," you are teleported onto a staircase going to the lower levels of Vault 21. Wunengzi 12:08, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
- This would be an awesome opportunity for a mod. - The Capulet 17:18, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Hopefully DLC --Dude
Remember, Benny's Suite is on the *13th* Floor, and it says Vault 21 on my map.
suite key Edit
How do you get the suite key through quests? Because killing benny nets the presidential suite key, and winning big gets you the high rollers suite instead --DragonJTSLeave me a message 17:40, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
The Suite key is to the high rollers suite. --LordVukodlak 20:11, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
Any save game (autosave or otherwise) in the Tops Casino (Gambling Floor) will cause your game to crash when loaded. Edit
Proved untrue, i used the save and load method to rob the casino and get banned maybe this glitch is due to something else, but definitely not the saving itself
Somewhat true I did it and I cant stop lagging its really bad loading anything in the game takes 2-3 mins.
possible bug? Edit
When I asked my companion to return to the lucky 38 she never left the tops, just stood there until I came back and hade her join me again around 4 in game days later, I have the 360 prepached version.Superinsomniac 01:25, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Elevator to sub-basement Edit
Contrary to what this article says, I was able to enter the sub-basement without any use of the console, it was not locked for me. Same for me, I also was able to use the elevator after rushing into the tops casino and killing benny as he walked down the steps. I stole his suite key and recived a quest to look there for more information. When I did so, I found "Yes Man" and after talking with him, I used the elevator without any incident. There I a door in the sub basement that says "key required to open...", I cant find any such key.
The sub-basement is most likely not intended to be accessed by the player. Though you can unlock the door with the console there is nothing of importance there. Just a couple of hallways and it don't feel like any effort was put into that area. There is a door that requires a key in there, unlocking it with the console reveals empty gamespace i.e there is nothing behind that door. Just the empty void. Fun Fact!: Should you jump into said empty void, you will appear in the Vault 21 Casino.
Fun Fact#2!: From the right side (as you enter through the breach) using noclip you can run through the wall into vault 22, without being teleported. You will quickly see vault 22 as you approach. This is easy to spot if you have an active quest and follow the quest marker. I should also mention that the part of vault 22 you enter has a door to nowhere and is blocked by a large slap of concrete, as if it were cut in development. Digital21 (talk) 16:47, May 1, 2014 (UTC)
Notice: Here's a quick video going through the sub basement for anyone stumbling on this, interested as I was.
For some reason, I was able to get in the elevator without killing him. I'm playing on 360 and I just took my time getting there. Ganondorf 09:26, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
- It's not really all that worth it, an interesting place to explore for the novelty, has some explosives crates and minor loot, but not much else. As I noted though in the article itself, the sub-basement elevator is unlocked by a script when Benny begins to flee, and later locked when he passes through it. This means that the easiest way to get down there is to trigger him to flee and then kill him so that he will never actually use the elevator. However, it may be possible to select a conversation option that triggers him to flee, but before leaving the conversation say something else that will convince him to stay instead, such that the door is unlocked, but because he never actually flees it won't ever lock again. In any event, I like having it unlocked as it's a neat place to explore, if lacking in direct reward. It does make you wonder though what was planned for it, as a big deal is made about the fact that Mr. House wanted to fill in Vault 21, but no explanation as to why is ever given (unless I somehow missed it?) as a casino vault would seem the ideal thing to have on the strip. This would suggest that something more important may have been in the vault's reactor level, and the breached tunnel in the Tops may have been intended to reveal what that was as Benny and the Chairmen worked to figure out what Mr. House's interest in the vault had been. All speculation I suppose Haravikk 09:42, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
- The speculation about the Vault 21 is pretty good, although I thought it was because of the huge underground factory and testing ground that House had created under the 36. But also remember that there are 3 or 4 DLCs yet to come out, so that may be explained more fully in one/more of those. Chad78 13:58, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
One the times I played through on the PS3 pre-expansions and went with House Always wins after a certain point during that quest I was able to open the elevator. Not sure if House gave me the key, but all that was down there was locked doors. One them was vault 21, but was inaccessible at the time.
Possible bug Edit
Encountered a bug where i was not able to turn my chips into caps,i have edited this into the bugs section of the article,someone may need to reedit it since im not accoustomed to editing the wiki.let me know if anyone else encounters this bug.Ragedaoneanlonely 22:08, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
Hostile, get back in? Edit
When the doorman asked my friend to hand over his weapons, I told him to refuse as a joke, knowing we could load the autosave if anything went wrong. Instead of loading, when everyone turned hostile he ran out the door, autosaving with everyone in the tops hating me. Is there any way I can get back in and restore their trust? A disguise maybe? --184.108.40.206 20:51, November 28, 2010 (UTC)Derp
Lots....And lots of quests. Why did you post this on Wikia? You should have used a Fallout New Vegas forum or something...Some people...
Locate your autosave files, and rename the file called "autosave.fos.bak" and rename it to ""autosave_2.fos" when you enter the game you should be able to open an earlier autosave.
how to keep your big weapons in the tops , whitout talking to swank about benny Edit
if you have 50 sneak smugle in a silenced weapon like a 10mm pistol with hand load ammo to be sure that you are going to kill the receptionist and swank with one sneak critical hit, you go in with the 10mm pistol hand over your big weapons and try to find a spot were u remain hidden then kill swank and the unnamed receptionist, then go out and get all of your weapons back, then back inside the tops you can pass with your weapons and you dont need to talk to anybody, TA-TA. no karma lost or reputation lost. By alejandro DK PD: i just created and account i did that up there. :D
Edit: You don't actually have to kill Swank, thereby losing his quest, just kill the unnamed receptionist and you'll be fine. ````Anon
Floor 13 Edit
I think I should mention that "spooky" music plays while walking through the halls of Floor 13 but I don't know if it was just my imagination... The Unknown User 23:49, December 13, 2010 (UTC)
there is a door on the 13th floor of the tops casino, with a locked door, how do you unlock it?its the opposite side to bennys suite, and the last door on the row. is it the presidential suite? if so i have the key for it but it wont unlock :s
- It's the High Roller's suite. You get the key by winning in the casino. --Dmunsil 18:56, December 16, 2010 (UTC)
Huge Chips bug. Edit
So i just ran into a pretty big bug on the the PC. So i just broke the bank at the tops, ended up with something around 38,000 chips. Was on my way to turn them in and thought to myself, do the tops chips look different than any other casino chips, should i keep one for display? Well, i dropped all 38,000 of them and when i went to pick them back up the number read -25,542. I was worried as hell about having negative chips. So i picked them up and checked my inventory and the chips were gone, not there at all. Figured i would try the cashier anyways, turned in the chips, got 25,000 caps, damn. Whats this? Wait, i can still turn in chips? Turned in again, 25,000 caps again. And again, and again, and again. Left the cashier, checked my caps, over 500,000 caps. Went back to the cashier and the option is still there. Free monies forever! (PC patched)
DonutHands 23:02, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
So i double checked it.
- Play slots, get triple oranges. Win over 32,000 chips (tested up to 20,000 chips and it did not work)
- Get booted off slot machine
- SAVE (chips may fall through floor)
- Drop chips on the floor
- Pick up -2X,XXX chips
- Note they are not in your inventory
- Turn them in over and over at the cashier (leaving the cashier does not end the process either)
DonutHands 23:28, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
It should be noted this exploit will also work if you exchange 32000 caps for chips, then drop the chips and pick them back up
Can someone please undo the recent vandalism and restore this article.
Inside Benny's suite, if you head through the door in the room that contains Yes Man, there are a few doors that can't be opened. Can anyone open them with console commands (you know who I'm talking about)? Nukey ☢ talk
There's two doors and one elevator that leads to a sub-basement, and there are three NPC icons on the minimap and I could hear them walking around. Nukey ☢ talk 23:38, January 26, 2011 (UTC) I personally do not know, but if you use pc you could unlock the door with console commands and that leads to Vault 21 then turn off collision and float to the NPCs.220.127.116.11 14:13, March 28, 2013 (UTC)DerpyBurgerFromDerpville
The year it was founded Edit
Is there any way to calcuate when the Tops was founded - maybe based on dialog from Benny? It had to be sometime between 2250 - 2275, since the game takes place in 2281, and Benny was an adult when it was founded, and he can't be more than 50 years old. I seem to remember him saying that he was a teenager when he was in the old Boot Riders gang, before they became the Chairmen. Does he give a time as to how long ago that was, or a year for when that happened?Chad78 19:47, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- IIRC Benny said it was 7 years since Mr. House asked them to move into it but I can't say for sure. Great Mara 20:02, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- ThanksChad78 20:18, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
The Chair Men Hates Me :( Edit
When i did the quest where are going into Bennys suite and accidently killed the chairmen outside because i thought they were Bennys lifeguards. Its sad because i've done almost all sidequests in the game but i cant do the ones for The Tops because every time i enter they just start shooting at me. Is there anyway to change my relation to The Tops so i can do the quests? CrossFeast 21:42, April 29, 2011 (UTC)CrossFeast
- If you can't reload from a save before that and not get on their bad side to begin with, there are people you can pay to change your reputation with certain factions. --jimnms 23:40, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
Cashiers don't respawn? Edit
Is this confirmed for all casinos? I've read in all of the articles that the Cashiers don't respawn, but I killed the one in the Tops in my current save, and she respawns regularly, attempted several times. Haven't tested the other ones since I didn't get myself banned from them yet, but for the tops, I've had her respawn every time I've killed her so far. Can anyone else confirm that they respawn, or is this some kind of bug?
Tops Casino game crash Edit
It happens every time I enter Tops Casino. I walk in and talk to the greeter, but as soon as I leave I go to confront Benny and as soon as I walk a few steps in any direction, the game just outright freezes up and I can't move. is there any way to fix this?
- On the PC, open up the console and type enableplayercontrol
I'm having this problem as well, on PS3, so no console. It's also freezing the entire system, not just New Vegas. Any ideas? 18.104.22.168 18:15, June 11, 2013 (UTC)Zebra_Man
I have exactly the same problem on PS3! Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I'm kind of desperate because it means I can't progress and I have to turn off the whole console. - March 9th, 2014
Patch 1.06 Edit
Has anyone noticed the renovation to the Tops with this patch? It removes the circular object behind the small planter and replaces it with a curved wall with 2 doors leading into the casino. I would add this to the page, but I just created a wikia account literally 20 minutes ago. If someone could make a note of this it would be appreciated. IiStEaLXx 00:21, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Go ahead and add it, it's OK. --Kris 00:36, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
I'm kinda bad at editing but ill try xD IiStEaLXx 00:39, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
How this article is written. Edit
Can someone explain to me why this article is written like a Las Vegas Strip Casino review instead of unbiased information as it should be?
- You can always chip in and improve it. --jimnms 03:19, October 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I've tried to clean it up a bit, but it could still use some work. 22.214.171.124 15:45, October 22, 2011 (UTC)
Chairmen Greeter freeze Edit
This is my first time walking into The Tops casino, and after he takes my weapons and he makes the bad pun about the tops, the game freezes. I've tried restarting and going back into the casino about 10 times, all with the same result. I have it for Xbox 360. Any ideas of what I can do to stop this?
Are the pictures on the walls blurred screenshots from Fallout 3. One of them looks very much like Tenpenny tower.
Removing the note says otherwise. First time in the strip, level 6 and killed everyone. Went and did all the DLC, and at level 49 I returned. Tops cashier was respawned. I honestly don't know how long it took, but the completion of the DLC gives a rough time frame. Foxi Hooves (talk) 00:20, June 15, 2013 (UTC)
Weapons Not Returned BugEdit
Did not see an answer for this posted, but it appears there's a bug in the script that removes and returns the player's weapons. After looking at the script, I can see that it is also disabling any follower's weapons (probably to prevent the player from loading all their "illegal" weapons onto their follower and then taking them once they get passed the door). Upon leaving the building, I noticed that my follower's weapons were returned, but mine were not. Sure enough, after dismissing my follower, walking into the Tops and back out, my weapons were returned to me. Just a simple solution if you don't feel like editing the game's script or having to use the console.