Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Does this mean that there's no way to actually visit the Commonwealth?
ChicaBoomLil'on 22:10, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
Not that we know of. Speedball 23:13, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
fodder for an upcoming expansion, that bethesda will sell for $29.95 188.8.131.52 21:54, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
I think that it's the commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the "Institute" may be CMU... that would mean that we will be able to see it soon... in the new DLC coming called "The Pit" witch takes place in Pittsburgh. 184.108.40.206 13:59, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
- It is very likely some well-known university, yes.--Tisi 12:13, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
Boston accent appears on CB.--dotz 17:07, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
Page edited to include Emil's confirmation on the Commonwealth. No plans to visit it according to him at this stage Agent c 00:31, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
The Commonwealth is mentioned a lot, huh? Edit
The Commonwealth went from having a mention in just one quest in the original Fallout 3, to having at least one mention in every DLC to date, and having several mentions in Point Lookout. The last time he was asked, Emil Pagliarulo stated that there were no current (at least at the time of him saying it) plans to visit the Commonwealth, but it seems like they're begging it to have a bigger feature in the future.
I envisage a 'shivering isles' expansion featuring the commonwealth. Most likely after GOTY has been released.
To the guy who started this little thing...very, very true. Getting a bit sick of Bethesda doing the video game equivalent of a cocktease with every dlc, hinting at some truly epic place in every dlc and within the main game itself, then going "haha can't go there!". Hopefully, as the guy above me said, this'll lead into a Shivering Isles-size expansion. And, while I've got the ball a'rollin', maybe they'll actually take into account things from the main game and the dlcs, like if you have Broken Steel installed and Doctor Li leaves, she'll show up...although my opinion(which, yes, amounts up to speculation) on why they pulled that with her in Broken Steel has always been that her Voice Actor was unavailable and they pulled something out of their posterior to explain her absence. And, for that matter...maybe they'll take into account how people finish the replicated man, like if you have A3-21's Plasma Rifle AND the Wired reflexes perk and killed Zimmer, they'll realize you pulled a fast one on the android doctor. But who am I kidding...this is Bethesda we're talking about and I'm just some guy who's never spoken up in this wiki before. Oh well...this IS a discussion page. 220.127.116.11 13:58, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's more likely that we'll see the Commonwealth in Fallout 4. Ausir(talk) 14:31, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
Beggars can't be choosers, but I hope we see the Commonwealth AND New York City in a Fallout 4. Weird how the largest city in the country has absolutely no mention in the lore.--Doop. 21:03, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- Being the largest city in the US doesn't make it the most important, nor the most novel place to tell a story; after all, how many stories can you think of taking place in a post-catastrophe New York City? (not a bad choice, just not a choice I'd make immediately.) Not to say I wouldn't want to see New York in the game, I just doubt it's going to be the next few choices of location. Penguindeskjob 20:02, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, but considering that NYC is currently, in real life, the largest, AND most important (2nd most important at least) city in the country makes it harder to imagine.
Who knows, maybe (but doubtably) the commonwealth or at least the institute is in NYC, or does it say Doc Li goes north? Soz i'm PS3 so i aint got BS if she doesn't say north its a possibility but really i'm hopin for a new power armour, more alien tech or super stims, yeah! hopefully if its north then maybe Oasis will come into play seeing as its very north? Who knows but most probs is that the Institute it MIT. - Bio Enhancment 411 13:14, 27 August 2009 (UTC) Oops sorry forgot that New York IS north... my bad. Cool even more chance! - Bio Enhancment 411 13:16, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- MIT is in Massechussets, not New York. And aliens are moronical. Tagaziel (call!) 14:45, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
I think it's safe to assume we're going to visit the Commonwealth in upcoming DLC or maybe even in FO4.. (note that the comment was that ze wouldn't visit it in any addon.. :P )
Dr. Li Edit
I thought it was pretty odd having Dr. Li leave in Broken Steel.
She didn't get along very well with her prior Commonwealth contact (she was arguing with Dr. Zimmer), AND she appears to have completely abandoned the clean food research she was so intent of working on in Rivet City. Looking at it rationally, she was working on HER project, took a few weeks to get Project Purity up and running... then you'd think she would go back and finish the thing she just freakin spent like 20 YEARS working on.
About the only reason I can see to do this was if they were actually working her in to another Fallout game. As others have mentioned, the Commonwealth gets a lot of talk in the various DLCs, whereas it doesn't in the "vanilla" game.
Were I writing that story, I'd make the main character an android. Personally, I thought the Van Buren storyline of having your character be a prioner was genius.
Not sure how well NYC would fare. In the event of a nuclear war, that population density would make it a pretty appealing target.
But then again, DC was a high value target as well, and look at how much of that survived.
It's also the furthest major target from China, and considering the state of the world's petroleum reserves and the divergence of technology, it may not even have been possible for the majority of China's nuclear weaponry to reach New York. Also, the nukes popular in the Fallout universe are low-yield in comparison to what exists today. Still, the fallout and the decay over centuries would obviously leave it a complete wreck regardless of the immediate impact, so the entire debate is pretty much irrelevant.
No DLC... Edit
I'm dissapointed that there won't be a DLC for the Commonwealth, as Mothership Zeta was apparently their last. Considering how much it was mentioned, it just sucks that you won't be able to go visit it. Tzaro the Outcast 16:48, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
the commonwealth is in europe im pretty sure we arnt going there until someone can make a boat that can actually go farther then a few miles
correction there is mulitiple commonwealths there where the 13 american commonwealths different states squised together and their was the european commonwealth which is reminsecnt of the european union.
How could anyone even survive a trip as far from the CommonWealth to D.C.? Edit
I mean, in Point LookOut, Tobar says that the ship USED to go there, most likely years ago, so how could Dr. Zimmer and Armitage make it? Armitage may be a super strong android but that doesnt mean he could take on hordes of Raider, Super Mutants, and wild animals by HimSelf! 18.104.22.168 22:29, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Armitage is a weakling. The Institute is roughly 450 miles from D.C. Yet somehow they made it. --Kris 22:37, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
(snaps fingers) Flying machines! I mean it's likely something like the Commonweath would have their own variations of Vertibirds or another long forgotten air vehicle. Anonymous Editer 09:13, February 25, 2011
Will the commonwealth be in fallout 4?Edit
I have noticed that in fallout 3 and its dlc and New Vegas the commonwealth is metioned and refrenced numerous times could this possibly hint bethesda plans on making fallout 4 in the commonwealth if so.Heres my theory on what will happen.You will may be an android in the synch bearu hunting down escaping androids just like harkness did and they tell about choosing your own life these thoughts disturb you so you head back to the institute and the doctor tells you your malfuctioning but they discover something odd and are going to have you terminated but then doctor li and the railroad help you escape.Among the factions i would like to see the return of the midwestern brotherhood of steel they were badass or at least put their armour in an addon for new vegas.Also i heard about a place called ronto that has made a name for itself as a major military power maybe we could have these 3 factions fighting for controll of the institute.
- It's highly possible that The Commonwealth will be included in Fallout 3, although I'd like to point out that the different companies that made Fallout tended to place the settings in their "hometown" areas. The two first Fallouts were made by a West Coast company and therefore took place in the West Coast. When Bethesda took over, they put the setting in the Capital Wasteland, close to their own backyards. Now, much like how Fallout 2 was broader, while still including areas from FO1, Fallout 4 may encompass more areas, while still setting in the Capital Wasteland. That said, the sheer distance of the Commonwealth may prove impossible to include.
- There are four "Commonwealths" in the current United States, and it was hinted that the most likely candidate as the Fallout "Commonwealth" would be Massachusetts (which would fit in the given distance and also is home to MIT). More than likely, unless the Commonwealth is referring to the direct Maryland or Pennsylvania areas, it'd be out of reach for Fallout (Both areas were covered in DLCs, though, with Point Lookout and The Pitt).
- This is, of course, all speculation. It's unlikely that we can even begin to assume what future Fallouts will deal with. --The Wandering Editor 04:17, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- With the rumors of Fallout 4 being based around Boston. That makes the Commonwealth a very possible faction or add-on. 22.214.171.124 14:49, March 24, 2013 (UTC)random guy. March, 24 2013
Hey, can someone contact Kookykyle802, get permission to use his map?