Having finished the game, I can say that this quest is relatively easy. Just a few robots and a couple of turrents. BUGS: I used the ARM ARCHIMEDES function at the terminal and I immediately canceled upon hearing the alarm. However all NCR near the area became hostile and I couldn't complete the quest. Even fast traveling to a different area and waiting 72 hours does not remove hostility. This was done PRE-PATCH on the PC version, just a heads up. 18.104.22.168 20:06, October 21, 2010 (UTC)jion
22.214.171.124 22:44, October 24, 2010 (UTC)I've just done this on 360 :(. Waiting now to see if that'll fix it
Does anyone know if you can change the outcome after you complete the quest? Eg. choose "Full Region" now, but go back and choose "Archimedes II" later so that you can use the weapon?--OverlordXenu 21:04, October 21, 2010 (UTC)
The passwords you receive to complete this quest can be converted from hexadecimal to ASCII code, the translations are: Eastern Reflector Control Terminal Password: 4d7920766f696365206973206-d792070617373706f72742e = "My voice is my passport."
Western Reflector Control Terminal Password: 546f6f206d616e79207365637-2657473 = "Too many secrets" --Trazer 10:37, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
No cut scene after archimedes activationEdit
I activated the solar panel array on the outside of that tower, saw the bright white flash (i chose to power up archimedes) and the quest continued on allowing me to go talk to ignacio with an option to destroy the NCR. I can't figure out how to destroy them though. I have the laser weapon for archimedes, the range finder or whatever, but there was no automatic cut scene when i activated the array. I can shoot the laser at HeliosONE but it's just a normal attack, no cut scene or anything cool? am i missing something or what? From this article, it seems that helios one should have been blown up when i activated the array
- There is no cut scene. Some of the NCR troops are blown up, not the whole HeliosONE building.
No Questreward - Full Region Edit
Quest will complete upon selecting "Full Region" on Terminal, but neither Ignacio Rivas or Fantastic or anyone will acknowledge you did anything, you will not have the option to talk to them about it and will not recieve quest rewards. (PC Confirmed as of 10/24/10)
Tried the Quest again. You need to talk to Ignacio Rivas first and say that you are with the Followers of the Apocalypse. Then it will work and you get the Big Book of Science and Rep. for the Followers. (on PC)
Wasteland Effects? Edit
Does the choice you make in distributing the power have any subsequent effect on the rest of the Mojave Wasteland?
- I was wondering about this, too. I read somewhere that booting up the El Dorado Substation brightens some of the lighting in the Lucky 38. Anyone know for certain whether or not your decision here has a similar effect on, say, Freeside? --The Commonwealth 16:47, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
Only choosing support peace Edit
Choosing the dialogue option about supporting peace isn't the only way to gain the password. One can also choose the option (paraphrase) "I just try to keep my head down" and still gain the password. This needs to be changed as the article emphasis on the point A LOT.
Edit: Actually, the game seems to be glitched. From the dialogue it seems that he has the intention to give you the password, but he doesn't give it to you. Still, it can be pickpocketed from him regardless of dialogue choice.
Changing distribution Edit
Can you change the the distribution of power after finishing the quest (say, from the Full Region to the Archimedes superweapon)? --Vault-BA 19:49, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I tried it on the PC and I did Archimedes and then the Terminal said Config Saved and I was able to go back to the Terminal and I had the option of changing it. I am not sure if you can after you activate the control panel. Confirmed: As long as you dont turn on the Control Panel outside, you can change it. Once it is on and you complete the quest you no longer can change the distributionVekspec 04:53, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
Resetting Reflector Control Panel? Edit
So I somehow bugged the quest out. I activated the Reflector control panels and aligned the panels first. Then selected to arm the weapon. But I heard the alarms and then quickly changed my chose to disable the weapon. Thats not the problem. The problem is for some reason I cant complete the quest now. In my pipboy it shows all the steps as being completed but I dont have the "talk to Ignacio Rivas" step, and the quest is still active. So theres nothing I can do to advance the quest forward.
I tried reseting the entire quest. And going through the steps to get the passwords, activate the panels first, then set the power distribution but this time make the Reflector Control Panel my last step. But I cant use the panel because the game already thinks its "on". Console command activate does nothing. I tried to "disable" and "enable" it but it doesnt reset the "on" status.
Any ideas on this one?
--126.96.36.199 01:00, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I was able to reset this with 'set "e07df".bDoneOnce to 0'; however, i still can't complete the dialog with ignacio either.
- -188.8.131.52 04:43, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
The secret is to reset the Reflector contorl panel as noted with the script above AND reset the quest using ID 000e282d both. So you start the quest over with the panel reset.
Fake Big Book of Science Edit
This book is a fake, do not readd it. There are only four books of each skill (verified in the game files), this quest does not award one (cross referenced with several other guide sites who also draw from the game files). Mictlantecuhtli 14:08, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I see you've already realized this, but for those viewing this at a later date, I found out that there IS a fifth book, not as loot but as a quest reward for a certain method of completion (see article for details). It is the ONLY skill book rewarded via dialogue rather than placed in the game world, and there are NO skill books in random loot or in containers of any kind. This one book is the sole exception to the rule that all the skill books are found in the game world. This rule doesn't apply to skill magazines. --Kris 10:49, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Now the choice people need to make is, do they want a measly +4 science (with Comprehension) or the most powerful weapon in the game. Mictlantecuhtli 11:18, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
- You could make that statement go either way to make one or the other sound good. You can take a nice permanent +4 science, or the use of a weapon (while certainly powerful), that you can only use once per day, weighs 15 pounds, and can only be used outdoors. Thrade 03:13, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
i know i took the science book, i dont need a 1 shot per day thing weighing me down, but then again i didnt make a gimped character either to where i need it, lol.
Activating the Plant Defense. Edit
"If you choose to arm the plant defense system, an alarm will sound warning personnel to get inside. Go outside and activate the Reflector Control Panel to enjoy the show. When you have seen enough, return to Ignacio Rivas. Ignacio will interact with you and Fantastic will thank you for killing his employers. You will NOT lose reputation points with the NCR and you will receive rewards from Ignacio. and can be rewarded with spoils of war. After all nearby NCR troops are decimated by ARCHIMEDES, loot their bodies for many Service Rifles, Combat Knives, as well as NCR armor."
This isn't right. You WILL lose reputation with the NCR if you activate the plant defense. You CAN get inside before the laser hits them, but it just hits them the moment you go outside instead. You also recieve no rewards from Ignacio. So, still, until someone can show activating the defense system with no NCR loss at all, the note should be that you WILL lose rep. Feel free to revert if someone can prove otherwise. 184.108.40.206 19:44, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
Does overloading and exploiting the infinite reward glitch also give infinite reputation with the followers? Zarts 07:19, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
Archimedes works on any choice? Edit
"Arm ARCHIMEDES II Plant Defense System" appears after selecting any choice, not only after channeling power to Archimedes, and if activated, it kills NCR guards with all choices except overload. Rivas will say "What have you done? Get away from me!", quest will end before I'll have to talk to him. It is very strange that I can't find anything about this outcome at all. Is this a bug? Will Euclid's C-Finder work after this? I also get the option to arm/disarm it after I finish the quest. 220.127.116.11 15:12, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
Negatory. To all but the C- Finder query. You will be able to use it, and the "Arm bases defense" option is, surprisingly, exactly what it says on the label. So basically lazers come and kill everyone of NCR. Zarts 12:21, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
resetting the quest Edit
i tried resetting the quest since mine is horribly bugged and both ignacio and fantastic ignore me (perhaps because I quick traveled from the tower instead of walking down) and now i can't complete it at all.
does anybody have a step by step guide to redoing the quest using console commands?
if i reset the quest with "resetquest" neither the generator at the mainframe nor the switch at the tower get reset, so tthere is no way of completing it. "setstage e232d 255" just results in "quest failed"
if i do "completequest", ignacio's dialog starts from scratch after (even if I walk through the "trust" part of the dialog first), and fantastic just says "yo".
re: resetting the quest,
resetquest 000e282d worked for me. Reset dialogue and terminals. I was able to talk to Ignacio about sending power to everybody, and later got his reward.
RE- resetquest 000e282d worked for me I have also confirmed that this can reset everything, I went through the correct chain of things and on the last step of activating the terminal on the deck to watcht he show / lights, it's already activated from previously doing the quest and press E on it does nothing, yet the quest tells me to go to this location to activate it..
infinite stimpacks and xp bug not working for me Edit
I have this game on the PS3 and I just read about this infinite stimpack bug (and xp) and so I went back to talk to Ignacio and the "power plant overload" option was not there. I did have the quest previously completed before I read this (I did pick the option to distribute power everywhere). If the cause is that it can only be done once and this page is going to use the word "infinite" then it needs to have a note next to it explaining that this can only be done the very first time you talk to him after you complete the quest.--18.104.22.168 16:19, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
C-Finder use + NCR power? Edit
- No. The C-Finder requires you to power up Archimedes II. And there's no value at all in having 5 C-Finders. They aren't worth very much to merchants and they weigh a ton. --Dmunsil 01:43, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
Alternatre Outcomes Edit
Is there any way to steal the Big Book of Science if you decide to route power where the NCR wants it? Or choosing another option the Follower doesn't want? Great Mara 19:28, April 20, 2011 (UTC)
No. It's a quest reward so it doesn't appear until you complete the quest in the right way. Cavalier24601 03:48, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Can not complete quest Edit
Got passwords from ignacio and fantastic, killed fantastic, did rest of quest (powered mccarran, didnt blow up the ncr in the area), last objective to talk to ignacio, talk to ignacio, see no option to tell him about it, he doesnt acknowledge I did anything.
What do I do? How do I fix this? I have no previous saves.
UBERxL33T - Trolling is a art. 23:51, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
NCR Dogs at Eastern reflector control terminal Edit
I've found that I could "push" my companions to a position into which they would fight the NCR dogs guarding the eastern reflector control terminal. Thus, avoiding turning any NCR troops hostile. Just make sure you don't join in on the combat! --22.214.171.124 20:48, July 22, 2011 (UTC)Malachi
- Easier to just wait until there's no NCR troops around, since you can kill 'em (generally) faster than your companions can. On my latest playthrough I ended up wiping out all the troops at HELIOS One anyway, so it wasn't an issue. I did it all sneaky-like so I didn't gain NCR infamy. --Kris 21:11, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Or you open the gate, simply run to the terminal, use it and turn back fast, closing the gate on your way out, the dogs don't even bite you. That's what I do every time, I'm on a PC if this matters. Brfritos 04:20, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Strip Lighting Edit
I sent the power to the strip, though I can't see a difference. Can someone point out what is supposed to happen? --EarthboundD 00:37, November 12, 2011 (UTC)
how do i begin the quest do i just go to a place (if so, where?) or do i complete a quest before it ?