HL2 reference? Edit
Does anyone think it could be a reference to half-life 2 that it heals you and speaks in a female voice, much like gordan freeman's suit? 220.127.116.11 00:08, June 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Not only that, it's just a little unbalanced like GLaDOS. (SPAMLibArmy 22:58, July 21, 2011 (UTC))
I am so glad this will be in the game
Never know, they might cut it. Saxony4 07:55, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
Don't say those things
Where is the source that says it has all these features, or is this just speculation?18.104.22.168 07:55, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
There are a few trailers floating about and one of them had the suit's voice actor saying "stimpak administered" or something along those lines. As for how useful it will be, personally I prefer using Survival for healing.
Does anyone think... Edit
That there might be a helmet?
I sure hope so... I doubt the Ranger Helmet will look good with this... AR700SAW 19:42, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
Maybe. The Sierra Madre Guard Helmet might look good n' shiny with it. It'd bring a real "Spess Mehreens!" kind of look to the table that we just haven't seen yet. --Captain tweed 04:24, June 30, 2011 (UTC)
Or a crowbar lololloloollllll
So... we'll have to wear a crowbar? What? --Captain tweed 09:57, July 9, 2011 (UTC)
I would be cool if we had a crowbar to go with this, HALF-LIFE FTW!!!!
Medicine Skill Edit
Do you think this suit will be affected by the Medicine skill, or simply heal a set amount? AR700SAW 15:45, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
I think the idea behind it being a "cardiac regulator" is that you have to sneak past something that can detect a heartbeat, but this suit masks it/pumps blood in an undetectable manner.
- Or, since you have your brain taken from you, it keeps your body going/working properly? (That is if there isn't something else keeping you alive...) AR700SAW 08:22, July 9, 2011 (UTC)
Where did you hear we have our brains removed? --Captain tweed 09:57, July 9, 2011 (UTC)
- trailer. 22.214.171.124 02:38, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
That wasn't out at the time though, was it? --Captain tweed 11:00, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
I heard it on the Forums, literally about a day before posting that. AR700SAW 21:17, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
Or, when you are hiding from something, you can panic and expose yourself. and this Awesome armor calms your heartrate.--126.96.36.199 21:30, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Page moves Edit
There has been to much movement of the page name, which resulted in the lose of the history, that had to be manually corrected and restored. I have now locked the page for renaming only, until the launch of the DLC (1 week) and the name can be confirmed. This lock will only affect renaming of the page and will not affect anyone's ability to edit the page contents. 21:29, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Space-age sneaking technology Edit
A shiny black and white suit of armor for extreme hiding in plain sight. Kotekzot 17:02, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
I created a proper page for the "X-13 cardiac regulator sneak suit" remove this mislabeled item with the correct name.
Automatic stimpack administering Edit
I really wish this could be turned off.
The suit keeps administering my stimpacks yet they aren't healing me. Therefore, every time I receive any damage, it administers another useless stimpack. Apparently once my health gets halfway down, the administering begins. But since it does nothing for me, the next damage I receive makes the suit administer another and another and another. So it went through 5 or more stimpacks whilst I was battling a few nightstalkers. I was hardly receiving any damage. Still my health was half mast after all of those stimpacks.
Really sucks. I'm on PS3.
Exactly the problem why I came to this talk page. I'm on Xbox360. This suit has used about 50-80 of my stimpaks already and none of them really even helped. They heal slowly and really few HP. And it uses one stimpak every five seconds until I have over half of my health back. And it takes forever to get half of my hitpoints back with that slow healing on hardcore mode. It's like it steals one of my stimpaks and heals me with Junk food or something. Fortunately I still have over 200 stimpaks left. Another thing I don't like is the automatic Med-X injection. I usually never use chems because I hate being addicted because of withdrawal effects. Is it really necessary to use Med-X all the time while in combat? Got rid of this problem by storing all my Med-X in my safe in the Sink but it becomes rather difficult if I store all my stimpaks there too. This would be the best armor in the game in my opinion if it didn't have this annoying Stimpak and Med-X administration. I would use it all the time but I guess now I won't use it at all. I think I'll just use my Assassin suit from Dead money I brought with me or some Combat armor I found to finish this add-on. And I sure as hell hope they'll make a patch where you can turn the suit's chem administration off. 188.8.131.52 07:15, July 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm hoping the stimpacks not being affected by the Medicine skill is a bug and ends up being remedied in a patch later on. That and the voice (don't get me wrong the voice is cute, but it's no Medic Power Armor) are going to make me give this to one of my companions when I'm finished playing the DLC.--184.108.40.206 09:52, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
Concurred, it probably wouldn't be very hard for the to make a patch that lets you regulate suit function. They already have it set up so that you can use the Sink Central Intelligence Unit turn the freaking appliance personalities on and off, you think they'd have a way to turn chem injection on and off, or disable the warning barks. I'm pretty sure this fits the "stop helping me!" subjective trope (Troper of the Wastelands 03:04, July 27, 2011 (UTC))
hello i still think this isn't fixed a year after the last post, after completing lonsesome road i lost alot of stims so i decided to do a dlc that would require less stims and i brought 30 and at the end( well near the end when i get the suit) i lose about 10 stims( mind you i can fully heal my self with 2-3 stims and i only took about half health damage through the fight) and 1 med-x to a couple night stalkers fun stuff isnt it. And this happened for multiple battles until i ran out of stims for it to use( thank goodness) and this was right before fighting mobius's scorpion( you cant leave until you beat it). Ztormtrooper (talk) 21:37, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
Someone should really get working on a mod to shut this suit up... Edit
...and remove its so called "features". It would have been nice if a volume knob was at least included.
- There's always the volume on your TV... --Kastera (talk) 05:24, July 21, 2011 (UTC)
- You are so incredibly correct, o' most clever of repliers. I do love missing out on all of the sound effects and dialogue because the best item in the entire expansion is loaded with shrill voiced blithering. To tell you the truth, I actually did disable the "voice" in the audio settings for a short while. Either way, the mod PC users will surely take advantage of is right here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42955 .
- I hear ya man, i love whenever i turn on my light i hear the suit say something like "blah blah, is it Christmas?" NO! For the 100000th time, it is not Christmas! Now shut up and let me use your sweet abilities without you asking me who i like better, klein of borous, every 5min! The only time i like hearing her is when she lets me know that enemies are afoot.
- Oh, so the question becomes, stick with this or re-equip my Remnants power armor????
- --DrunkenSushi 03:08, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
I think their should be something that points out the overall ineptness of the suit, a drug dispensing armour would better suit a combat role espeacially a medium armour that reduces your speed but instead the armour invests in stealthiness. It's a joke, compared to the Combat armour Reinforced Mark II that costs vaguely the same it has less health, less armour, yet it weighs the same. Compared to the assassin suit it suffers again, that is a light armour that weighs less and offers only slightly less camouflage which is odd considering the florescent white stripes on the armour. I really, really cannot find a use for this, it is really that unbelievably naff. Good job you don't need it for a mission. My question though is given all the inadequacies of the suits do you think Obsidian actually tested this suit out at all? Surely some of the shortfalls and failings would of been highlighted...
PS - could someone do a graph?
- These shortfalls are because you're trying to use a stealth armor as a combat armor. None of those armors have the bonuses of the stealth suit. 220.127.116.11 08:51, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
It's likely that many people who made stealth oriented characters will have perks and bonuses that make the MK II suit completely redundant and useless for anything but its extra DT. The suit's bonuses would be overkill if the armor was in the "light" category for that reason. Leads me to believe they didn't put much thought into the suit and just wanted something that appeared to be better than it is. (And possibly some reason to throw in more guest VA) I suppose if someone hasn't gone through and gotten the Assassin Suit from Dead Money it would seem nicer.--Pimpin Chip 03:20, July 28, 2011 (UTC)
"These shortfalls are because you're trying to use a stealth armor as a combat armor."
This armor is made for a toon thats ment to be stealty but it also has its applications when your not a stealth character but are trying to sneak away from a big mob of npcs or attack surprise. Whatever the intention is for this armor is for each individual, BUT dont think this suit is ment to stand up against constant streaming prjectiles. This is not the medic power armor from fallout 3 even though maybe some of us wish it was but even so there are many armor types for different situations use them correctly or as see fit just keep an eye on your stimpacks or you'll go through them like a hot knife through butter. Remember this armor is ment for a stealthy toon/situation. I also agree that the armor seems a bit bugged but as far as the dispensing of medix and simpacks go seems good to me just gotta keep an eye on health and the amount of damage thats is incomming and if its worth wearing that armor for that situation. The voice command doesn't bother me that much but it would be nice if there was an option to turn it off. All in all i enjoy this armor even if its not exactly in the OP'ness of the chinease stealth suit from fallout 3. I think some people are still in twilight with the OP'ness of the chinease stealth armor.
ps.BTW i'm glad they got rid of its damn stealth field, wtf are stealthboys in the game for then?
its cause this armor is a knockoff of the medic armor in fo3(which i liked much better(the armor that is not the game)) which was a combat armor, it dispensed morphine(med-x after Australia bitched about it) to prevent you from limping when crippled.
i'd rather have the medic armor and the Chinese armor than this hybrid of the 2. i liked the voice acting much better before lol.
Does anyone know if the "Stim-ply Amazing" achievement can be earned with the stimpaks from this suit?
- Just check the challenges tab for current number and give it a try and check if its different number now. Keisari89 13:47, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
Medic Stealth Armor Edit
This isn't something new, someone made more or less this as a mod for Fallout 3 back in 2009. And yes, with that stimpaks = near invulnerable.
18.104.22.168 03:38, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh hey, I see someone used my mod from way back in time. I thought this suit seemed similar so I thought I would check the comments, and here we go. Hehe.
- Well it is probably just a coincidence, but glad someone remembers my little mod!
- Chase @ 22.214.171.124 10:12, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
Sneak Speed Edit
My stealth suit is fully upgraded, but I'm not noticing any increase in sneak speed between sneaking without the suit to sneaking in the suit. Is it bugged? Or am I missing something?
- Probably a bug. I noticed the same thing. Looks like none of the suit's abilities work properly. 126.96.36.199 01:33, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Xbox and PC confirmed I'm just no good with explosives 04:31, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
- It does not seem to be a bug, the speed increase barely compensates the medium armor speed penalty, wich offsets in a medium armor that allows you to walk as fast as any light armor with no upgrades/perks does.188.8.131.52 21:51, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
- false.I checked with a combat armor on and there was no speed difference. If there was a 20% increase, it should have been noticeable as both are medium armors
Console command Edit
Is there console command for getting this suit fully upgraded (Firmware version 1.4) without having to go to Big MT? -Keisari89 14:04, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
Use console command "completeAllObjectives 006d8d" which is quest Project X-13.
(BEWARE: game behaviour not tested for X-13 facility quests)
The Most Annoying Companion Ever. Edit
I know it doesn't technically count as a companion. But it talks, and it's with you all the time, unless you tell it to go eff off for a while. And it never. Ever. Shuts Up.
- "Do you like me?" 03:24, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
- "Did I do something wrong?" -Keisari89 13:06, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
The friggen number of times I've gone through a door, glanced away/got a drink/done something else as the game loads, and had this stupid damned suit suddenly go "STARTING COMBAT........JUST KIDDING!"... 0735, Apr 22 2013
Gender chatter? Edit
Does the suit ask which of the doctors you think are cute if you play as a guy? I always play female and this was one of the first random things it said to me. Nymphonomicon 05:30, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
Stealth suit Vs Chinese stealth armor. Edit
Apparently the scientists in Big Mountain failed to copy / decontructed the Chinese stealth armor wich is the base for this Stealt suit. Casualy I`m playing FO3 too and use the Chinese stealth armor... this is realy cool with the cloacking effect, and is realy stealth... I notice little or no stealth effect using this suit.. Are the enemies in OWB more perceptives? Is this a bug? I read here that the sneak-running effect did'nt work properly too... --184.108.40.206 10:16, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
The CSA of Fallout 3 had a +100 to sneak. Thi sonly has a max of a +20% to sneak, so do you really think that 20 not being as effective as 100 is a bug?Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman! 10:20, August 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I wasn't aware the game allowed for effects past the 100 cap. I think the OWB mobs tend to be more perceptive, especially those that spawn as ambushes like the Trauma Suits.--Pimpin Chip 21:05, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
Obviously the chinease suit is>Stealth suit, only because a person could basically stay hidden as long as he/she had a silenced weapon and kill anything w/o any aggro. Which in turn made it too OP'd(IMO)and if that was the only armor your toon used. IMO it made the game less fun. (I eat challenges for breakfast)--220.127.116.11 08:52, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
Sneak Speed Bug Edit
- It absolutely gives no sneak speed bonus in my game. xbox360 Paladin Dark 16:53, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it is giving the bonus which is getting cancelled by its being Medium armor. So, no benefit. AT ALL.
- Well, technically there is a benefit.. it is a medium armor that allows you to walk as fast as any light armor (with no perks or speed upgrades). It would be a lot better if it was light armor in first place, of course. Neosym
- Btw sign your posts. And yeah I guess it should've been light. I even Formspring J.E. Sawyer on it. Let's see if he has an answer. (I hope since he said the only thing he did in OWB was very little weapon tuning) Paladin Dark 01:37, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
MEDIUM Armor! WTF? Why??? Edit
- WHY in the name of sanity is this armor MEDIUM??? It is clearly most useful for stealth/light armor characters (like the Assassin armor). The fact that it is Med instead of Light: 1. Nullifies any light armor perks you might have (Light Touch, Travel Light), 2. SLOWS you down, including your sneaking speed to the point that its "bonus" to sneak speed isn't really one (assuming it is not bugged anyway). Personally, I *like* the armor -- I think it looks good, and don't mind the voice (although I would be nice to have the option to SWITCH OFF both the voice and the chem injection -- I simply ditch all my med-X to avoid being forcibly and regularly addicted. It has the LOWEST DT of any Med armor, lower than many light armors, no different than the Assassin suit. Essentially, it would be a very good suit of armor ... IF it were only Light rather than Medium. As it is, it sucks by being ALMOST really good, but for this one setting that royally screws it up! PATCH IT!
- Agreed. Armor should be Light, med-x and stimpaks should work depending your medicine skill just as if you've inyected them yourself, and the same way you can switch the sonic emitter beam, you should be able to change the configuration of drug usage: "use both drugs as needed", "use only stimpaks", "use only med-x", "switch off medical system".
- I was really pissed off that it was medium, but my theory is that it's a balance issue. If it was light, it would outstrip pretty much every other light armor in the game. In making it medium, they've given it a cost/benefit consideration which I'm glad of, because it allowed me to decide to chuck it in a locker and forget it exists. (Further side thought: if you think balance has no place in a single player game, there are half a dozen dozen mods that uber this armor up.) (SPAMLibArmy 05:20, August 9, 2011 (UTC))
+Sneak +Agility Edit
The only benefits this suit seems to have are the +sneak skill and +agl buff, since:
- The crouch speed is either bugged or doesnt work at all. If it's not bugged, then it's being cancelled by the medium armor type. This can easily be replaced by any decent light armor, which will not slow you down in first place.
- It has a really low DT, even when compared to light armors. With the Honest Hearts Add on, even a cheap reinforced leather armor can be upgraded into a gecko backed armor and it will provide better DT, being also easier and cheaper to repair.
- The drug usage cannot be controlled and it doesnt work properly, instead it becomes a nuisance
- a.Stimpaks do not seem to work correctly or in some cases, they do not work at all.
- b.It keeps inyecting you med-x every time you fight. Since walking around the Big MT offers constant fights, unless you have logan's loophole you'll be adicted all the time.
You can solve these last 2 not having stimpaks or medx in your inventory, which is kinda silly in the first place when you could hotkey them yourself with any other decent armor and use drugs in a click of a button, with much better effects (specially if you have high medicine and/or related perks)
In the overall, this could be the best armor of the whole game, but as long as it is not patched it'll be a companion armor, decoration in your house, or just a good amount of caps. For the sneaky character, Getting travel light perk, chemist perk (for the drugs and stealth boy increased duration benefits), and wearing either the assasin suit, Sierra madre reinforced armor, or Joshua Graham's armor becomes a whole lot more useful.
The stims seem to give you +40 hp. Not much for a lvl 30+, which I am. And I barely noticed that small amount of HP it gives per stim. Paladin Dark 06:32, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
Stealth suit mk 3 Edit
so,anyone noticed suit can be upgraded using workbench?you get recipes in data-misc once you equip suit.
end result is: DT 18 +1 per,str,end,agl +20 sneak speed sneak +25 energy resistance +35 stealth field when crouched
all in all,pretty good armor piece....i dont know why this isnt in this wiki
What system is this? This is either a new patch, or you downloaded a mod, because I do not have the option to upgrade the Stealth Suit past the Infiltrator! quest.GlassJAw667 09:29, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
pc....no mods that i have modify this as far as i know....latest patch (although i dont think it makes any difference) it appeared in data-misc the first time i put on stealth suit but i didnt upgrade untill i finished whole 4 runs. recipe names: advanced fibre coils - need repair 50,anti vis coating need science 50,energy disruption shielding need energy weapons 50 to craft
please make screenshots of you wearing the suit, show it in your inventory, drop it and open the console then click on it so we can see the item ID. Post the screenshots here. --Loonix 10:25, August 20, 2011 (UTC)ok,had to register for this....hope this helps and i hope i am not waisting your guys time (by that i mean i hope i dont have some mod activated that i overlooked)
Thank you for registering =) it makes posts so much more trustable. Also thank you for the pictures, that is a nice looking suit! It sadly is not part of OWB but is a mod called "OWB Stealth Suit Mk II - Master Overhaul". (found on falloutnexus) I top my hat to the modder but it has no place here. --Loonix 12:01, August 20, 2011 (UTC) ah,ok then,sorry for waisting your time.i have so much mods installed that i must have overlooked that one....dont even remember when i downloaded it.
90% of apparel has no effects Edit
Yet this piece of armor has more effects than most perks. Ridiculous. Obsdian couldn't balance anything if their life depended on it. So what, is a stealth character just supposed to wear this forever after he gets it because it's so useful? Why did you even make other armor? --18.104.22.168 23:21, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
Personally I think they balanced it quite well by giving it an extremely annoying voice that makes you want to take it off after 15 minuets. Decoy906 02:52, February 19, 2012 (UTC)Decoy906
Sneak Speed Bonus Edit
Hi guys, I know why the suit doesn't give you a speed bonus. If you look at the Steath Suit OE (Object Effect) script- you'll see that 'RL' decided to comment out the perk because he believed that the suit "upgrades itself automatically upon completion of the quest".
Yes, the suit does upgrade itself automatically, and it does impart stat bonuses, but the "20% sneak speed" bonus is a sham. It's coded as such to display the bonus text when you look at the item in your inventory- the actual speed bonus is granted by the 'Stealth Suit Mk II' perk which you'll never see- not unless you correct the script.
Pretty shoddy mistake, IMHO. 'RL'- thanks very much for that. D;
22.214.171.124 07:36, February 17, 2012 (UTC)jmaikeru
I found everything but WHY CANT I GET THE SUIT ?????
Please be more specific and sign your posts. --EarthboundD 00:15, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Does the fact that it's Medium Armour make it easier for enemies to spot you? I have 100 Sneak, Silent Running, and all the Suit's bonuses unlocked, but I swear, I keep getting spotted ALL the time in this Suit, even from distances so far away that my 9 Perception and VATS doesn't register an enemy. Super Mutants, Lobotomites, everything. I thought it was just stuff in the Big Empty at first since all the enemies there seem to have 11 Perception or something, but even back in the Mojave, I get spotted ALL the time. Does Medium Armour affect anything besides crouch speed, or is it just bad luck (which would be amusing, since I have 10 Luck...)? I'm tempted to just put back on the Assassin Suit or some Reinforced Gecko Leathers over this thing... 126.96.36.199 11:41, April 22, 2013 (UTC)0440 Apr 22 2013
Suit talking Edit
Ok, so I have noticed that the suit talking does not seem to cause me to get detected, I have noticed no notes and no comments on this, so I'm wondering about it. I have no stealth related perks. My thoughts are, possibly a bone conducting implant was installed on you so that no one other than the wearer would notice the sound, the chance to put it in is obvious, just normal procedure when you were getting your organs replaced at Big MT. Has anyone noticed the talking making you less stealthy? If not, then what are your thoughts on the bone conducting implant? On top of that, wired or wireless? If not wired then what frequency is it on? Can someone listen in? Is it encrypted? There's just a lot of things which are not addressed. Lessetti (talk) 17:26, March 5, 2014 (UTC)