Okay, so nothing can repair it, not even a Bounty hunter duster, but is there a place where you can go and pay to get it repaired? Can you repair it with the Jury Rigging perk? - TandyBomb 03:04, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Of course. We try not to put the bleeding obvious into article pages. --Kris 03:07, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I figured but since there's only one it seemed prudent to ask.
- TandyBomb 03:10, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
The Jury Rigging perk works for repairing the duster (using leather armor, or Merc outfits, etc.). It seems bugged that no merchant can repair it.GodsHand 21:33, November 22, 2010 (UTC)
This seems to be related to the changeover to DT. The Sheriff's Duster in FO3 has a DR of 5; in FONV it has none. Also it seems items not classed as Armor (i.e. not having DT) do not appear in the Repair Inventory Screen. So, with respect to DeadlyKris, it's not exactly bleeding obvious (;->) Without the Jury Rigging Perk, there is no way (save spawning another) to repair the Sheriff's Duster in FONV --Ewaldorph 22:49, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
- It appears that the Duster may be fixed in the 1.02 patch. It no longer deteriorates. although it shows DR instead of DT in the Pip-Boy readout (probably a hold over from FO3 which had Dr instead of DT) it indicates "--" instead of a number. Since it is listed as clothing this is as it should be. There should be no need to repair it any longer. Clothing in general never needs to be repaired.--Ewaldorph 05:48, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Not sure what patch I'm using, but I play through Steam (PC). I started a new game two or three days ago (after the patch on Dec 14, 2010, whichever that one is) and have been wearing the duster and Desperado cowboy hat for a while now. Both have been deteriorating and are now to the point where they are greyed out (cannot be re-equipped if removed) and neither can be repaired by NPC's. 18.104.22.168 20:39, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I spoke too soon. It deteriorates much more slowly, but it is still deteriorating. It is still bugged. Without the Jury Rigging perk (and I have not verified that this works) it is not repairable at all. You can get the Bounty Hunter's duster, which is repairable, or simply spawn another.--Ewaldorph 08:16, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
Can anyone confirm that you can find the sheriffs duster after 'My Kind Of Town', Through that bug that it occasionally spawns in the shack.(Image/Video Proof) As it is 1 of the last unique items I need and I have never seen it proven that you can find it after the quest. DeathstingX 10:54, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
Confirmed spawn after My kind of town is completed. Edit
Confirmed for spawning after completing the My kind of town quest. I got it at level 15 far into the game.
Did you do anything specific to make it spawn after the mission and what platform are you on im on PS3 DeathstingX 13:03, April 28, 2012 (UTC)