It would be nice for someone (with wiki editing know-how) to add in the information that can be found on Reilly's computer. There is a reference to a bounty for Super Mutants that I can't seem to find any information on! I was hoping to find it here.--18.104.22.168 15:25, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
notable loot Edit
On higher levels, it is possible to get power armor and helmet, and recon armor from the lockers in the compound. Should this be added to the page or left out because it's dependant on luck/ level?
- Sorry, never mind. Found it. AngryNorwegianDude 19:32, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
- I see you found it, but a pantry is where food and kitchen stuff is stored. Usually a closet sized place.
Skill Book is UNDER the Generator Edit
Any ideas? Grenades don't seem to knock it out. PS3 version
I've started another new game with no bugs at all throughout the entire process and then when i get to the ranger compound i noticed that it starts to glitch out with of course the dean's electronics but then also with the npcs talking, radio, etc. Anybody else experiencing major glitches/bugs similar to this at this specific place?
I confirm that. The skill book is bugged in the PS3 version, i couldnt reach it even using explosives because it was stuck in the floor.
This book glitch on the PS3 can be fixed by reloading to the autosave when you entered the compound. The book position seem to change everytime I reloaded. Eventually after 3 reloads (I was trying to see if I could fix it by exploding the generator too) the skill book spawned on top of the generator.
Glitch confirmed on PS3. The book sits inside the generator hitbox. It is easy to get it to the transparent parts on the sides (where the pipes are) with explosions but the cursor won't detect it. It seems that hitboxes are quite solid when it come to collision management. I was not able to get the book out of that hitbox by any means. Forgetful (talk) 07:31, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
Getting the book Edit
The book was on the top of the generator. Shooting the generator a couple of times caused it to explode, sending everything flying (all the stuff on the shelves, as well as the book). The book could then be easily picked up off the floor. This method might be marginally easier than trying to pick up the book by its corner. 22.214.171.124 04:23, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Safe Containers? Edit
So, the article said that there was a locker that was safe for storing items, but is that it? I don't want to accidentally put some stuff in an unsafe container. So I'm just checkin'.126.96.36.199 19:27, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
I put a 5mm round in every storage container, fast traveled to Springvale, waited for 73 hours and then fast traveled back to the compound. Not one of the containers emptied out, none of the dropped items disappeared and none of the default items in the compound reset to their original postions after moving them. Yes this is a VERY late response but I wanted to know about this as well. Tested on PS3.
It seems to me that containers are generally safe, since after 4 playthroughs I have never lost an item anywhere outisde of the Megaton House. HBS188.8.131.52 18:54, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
Enter the ranger compound. Edit
i cant enter the ranger compound, the door is locked(very hard) and the terminal to. and every time i come to ranger compound fawkes dies, and there aren't even monsters... Strange...
Make sure you got the code from Reilly in the Underworld.
Fabled 4th Floor? Edit
What's with this long spiel about the fabled fourth floor? Is there anything of interest on this floor? It seems like a long boring section of notes for the main page. Maybe I should move it to talk? V.A.T.S. addict 17:15, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
should be mentioned. Edit
Near to the compound i heard a man, he sounded like he was preaching or something. here was a wastlander near by who wanted him to be quiet, useing chraisma you can tell him to go over but he gets blown up. i never found the man.
I would add the info myself but i dont lknow if its just random and i dont now the mans name or any diologe. could some one with more knowlage on the subject add information about him to this page. Seeing as he is very near i thought this would be the best place to post and that others might find ingormation on him realevent, seeing as thi swas the first place i came to findout about him i think a few others might as well.
JASPER42 17:25, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
- He is The Preacher and it is mentioned. It's the first note. V.A.T.S. addict 17:43, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
Oops sorry missed that. Thanks.JASPER42 18:00, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
Getting to the 4th floor Edit
There are several ways to reach the 4th floor (feel free to add any that you discover):
- In the PC version, console commands will get you there.
- Gather a few things from Seward Square, you need 3 barrels, a tricycle and a carton of cigarettes. You can get the barrels from the alley with the wastelander & preacher (they're the closest to the compound). To get them, you will have to:
- kill the preacher
- use a stealth boy
- have a high stealth and go at night
- Drop 5mm ammo boxes, 6 to be precise, and stack them on the edge of the desk that is found on the third floor right as you come up the stairs, straight ahead through the first door way and on your right. The 6th box has to be stacked on the back of the stack on its end standing straight up, or you will not get high enough. Once the ammo is stacked, go over to the sand bags that are next to the desk right in front of some file cabinets, jump on top on the sand bags, use them to jump on top of the file cabinets, turn towards the ammo boxes that are stacked, then attempt to land on the edge of the fifth stacked box without disturbing the 6th box stacked on its end. This may take several attempts, but it is very doable. Once on the 5th box, turn and face the end stack 6th box and carefully jump on top of it. Once there, turn towards the broken floor and you should be high enough to jump on top of the 4th floor. This can be problematic, at least on the PS3, as the boxes seem to move over time, like the building was being vibrated by the wind.
Arisian 01:55, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
I too have tried everything. Yesterday I tried for several hours to get the book out from under the generator. Tried blowing up the generator and move the book around with the parts blown off from it. Seems like the book is stuck inside the bounds of the generator object and JUST WONT COME OUT even if pushed towards the extreme corners. I tried 17 grenades. No luck. I tried reloading for like 50+ times. Tried exiting and re-entering. No luck there either. The book just spawns every time under the generator. No change there. This sucks. Any ideas?
184.108.40.206 06:14, February 15, 2011 (UTC)
If Rangers turn hostile... Edit
I want to Sandman kill Brick for another Eugene but was wondering, does the 72hr wait work with the Rangers to turn them "un-hostile" after I do the deed? I would check myself but..if you ask it, they will answer! (did i just end my question with a ridiculous exclamation??) Anyways, thanks in advance future responder!! --DrunkenSushi 11:46, July 15, 2011 (UTC)