Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
They pay the prisoners? Or only when they have reached the end of their sentences?
Ragedaoneanlonely 13:28, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
Actually Ztormtrooper, most nations, including most if not all of the US states, pay prisoners for the work they do. You do remember Lincoln, Right? The guy that abolished slavery? And forcing prisoners to work without pay is considered slavery. Granted, they are paid lower than minimum wages, but then again they get free board and lodging. And other than that, most US prisons are privatized and operated as a business. So much "wrong" you could put into one sentence..... :) --126.96.36.199 22:22, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
Firstly, I've never heard them called "Powder Gangs." They always refer to themselves as "Powder Gangers."
Secondly, my understanding is that they were prisoners that escaped from NCRCF (New California Republic Correctional Facility.) They were never getting paid for their work; they just overthrew the prison and now possess most of the dynamite that the NCR used for mining and laying railroads, hence the name "Powder Gangers." ProfessorApoc 17:24, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Actualy they were getting paid initially,however support from the rest of the NCR was cut off making them unable to continue paying them.Thats what pushed them over the edge,and started the riot.Ragedaoneanlonely 13:28, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
Power Rangers!? Edit
Vault 19 Edit
You can also get Powder Gangers faction rep from the quests in Vault 19. I moved from Vilified to Merciful Thug with Powder Gangers after completing the quests at Vault 19. ElvisDumbledore - eschew obfuscation 00:24, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
Can anyone confirm that after you kill so many Powder Gangers that they send a man after you to ask for a truce, diplomatic? I was told this happens at some point if you kill enough of them. --Syrant 02:53, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I just had a Powder Ganger ambush me in the Lucky 38 Presidential suite offering the truce while I was sleeping.
- He says "while you're not a friend, you've helped us out some all the same" and then offers a truce. The only interaction I've had with the Powder Gangers was killing Joe Cobb at Goodsprings, making sure I only ended up being Shunned by them so I could visit the NCRCF later and do their quest (I should also note that I haven't even visited them yet, so the "helped us out some" is rather strange). He was the only Powder Ganger I've killed in this playthrough.
- Faction rep doesn't switch to neutral though, still on shunned.Ki Shodar 04:30, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
- The truce dialogue is the standard intro given by one of the powder gangers at the NCRCF before being vilified or having a bad rep with them. I think it's a bug if he shows up elsewhere. 188.8.131.52 22:20, February 10, 2011 (UTC)
Reputation Bug? Edit
The Powder Gangers seem to act inconsistantly to their reputation.
With one character, I am "Vilified," and they are hostile, but I can make them neutral by wearing a uniform.
With another character, I was "Accepted," but the Gangers were always hostile, uniform or no.
--- I have been vilified for sometime now and after a recent trip back past Goodsprings I ran across a few Gangers that would speak to me as NPC in tones suggesting I watch my back and sleep with one eye open, but they don't attack me until provoked... Worse yet I attack them and while the ones on the current cell get upset the ones further up the road don't... Anyone else same oddity? --Ndmorespd 03:19, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Just to confirm, this has happened to me too. Vilified, they are non-hostile. (PS3, GOTY, All DLC's) 184.108.40.206 23:39, September 26, 2015 (UTC)
So i got [Liked] From the powder gangers, andi can only wonder, What is the real benefit to having them like you in general? Nosferus 05:10, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
I delayed the quest involving them in goodsprings and did the mainquest, after nipton i did the "booted" quest and later i went to the ncrcf to talk with meyers about the sheriff job in primm and did the quests for eddie. now they give me explosives and crafting material every few days. not much but its enough until i can decide what to do with them. --Ra1n 01:17, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Far to many prisoners? Edit
Is it only me, but if you count the PG's in the different locations in-game. Doesn't that add up to far greater numbers than who could fit into those two small barracks in the NCRCF?
- No one said that games were logical.--KKotton 17:34, June 27, 2011 (UTC)
PG's Rep Image EditHow Come The Powder gangers Reputation Image Shows A PG (on the left)With A Kind Of Ninja Suit And The 1 On The Right With A Hunting shotgun,Cap And Stubble?
But There Is NO Powder Ganger Outfit That Resembles A Ninja Suit. And There Is No Cap Like The One In The Image, No Powder Ganger Has A Hunting Shotgun ( Not In Primm, NCR Correctional Facility Or Vault 19 )And There Is No Way To Have Stubble As Facial Hair.--Ullyses = Epic 12:05, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
He's making sense! Quick, execute him! Honestly though, I have no idea. Yet another continuity issue obsidian overlooked?
Neither, the ninja mask might've been planned to be used in the game as some sort of re-textured Legion recruit helmet. As for the cap and stubble. Well, it might've just been used to make them look like criminals from the 40's. (isnt that the point?)
Im probably late on this but maybe the ninja mask is a slave scarf or legion hood they forgot to put in the game and that cap kinda looks like a beret. and the stubble is probably jsut there to make him look badass. also the actual armor is the powder ganger simple armor. the hunting shotgun thing probably was for higher level powder gangers but obsidian thought no one would give a flying shit about the powder gangers late game so they forgot about it or its actually something else they wanted to put in the game as it sorta looks like a fallout 3 double barrel shotgun. Ztormtrooper (talk) 00:31, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
Losing Karma Edit
Yeh I'm kinda confused about losing karma when i steal from the powder gangers. I'm trying to be a good guy but i lose karma if i steal from them. However if I brutally kill them, strip them clean, and then leave them for the coyotes I get good karma. Whats up with that?
- Well, it's one of the many things with the karma-system. Even if you pick the pockets of Vulpes Inculta himself, you gain bad karma. Though, you only lose an incredibly small amount of karma when you steal items. So it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
The powder gangers don't have a symbol from NV? I don't think we should have a logo from Van Buren as their offical symbol.--For NCR 18:17, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
it's not their official symbol its the only symbol that appears in teh games and the caption says its for the BLACK CANYON powder gangers not for all the powder gangers. Ztormtrooper (talk) 00:34, August 7, 2012 (UTC)
- It's not even in the games at all. That image should be gone. Else anyone can draw an image and put one up. Eddo36 (talk) 02:26, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Van Buren image should be removed because it isn't canon Edit
The logo with the B.C. isn't canon and doesn't exist in Fallout universe. It's better not to have an image at all than a fake one. I don't think Powder Gangers even have/need a logo. Suggest it removed. Eddo36 (talk) 02:25, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Except, this isn't just some image anyone can draw, Van Buren was going to be a Fallout game, Van Buren is semi canon, which means it is canon unless a fully canon game conflicts with it. That means this is an image of one of the divisions of the Powder Gangers in the Fallout universe, so I don't see anything wrong with it. Paladin117>>iff bored; 02:44, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
The policy of the wiki is to include cut and cancelled content as long as it is marked as such, there is literally hundreds of articles with cut content on this wiki. It does not need to be removed.--220.127.116.11 03:43, December 10, 2014 (UTC)
The Dead Crimson Caravan Edit
The Notes section says there is a dead crimson caravan NE of Jean Sky Diving. I have checked the area with main and a new character (to make sure they didn't disappear) without finding them. Has anyone else found them? I think it might be a mod or maybe they have been removed in a patch, I have the UK version to PS3. --GW.one (talk) 20:37, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I found the two dead Brahmin on my latest run, but the two bodies were nowhere to be found. Possible bug where bodies don't spawn outdoors? UK PS3 --18.104.22.168 16:46, May 31, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah I found them on Xbox, no mods obviously. If you follow the road north from goodsprings it should be impossible to miss. It is implied the woman was raped.
On PC, no mods, new char, I found two dead men, no women, without inventory. --22.214.171.124 15:29, March 27, 2014 (UTC) TheDicSoupcan
PS3 (all updates, GOTY edition, all DLC's loaded) never seen any bodies, only the Brahmin. However, I also have the original non-GOTY, no DLC's and on that version the bodies are (sometimes) there. 126.96.36.199 23:35, September 26, 2015 (UTC)