money isn't everything.caps areEdit
anyone know who is the richest merchant there is in fo3.--That70sdude 00:35, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
It would be useful to add the merchants from the Fallout 3 DLCs... There's at least one in Point Lookout, are there any in The Pitt? 188.8.131.52 07:54, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
Fallout 3 DLC merchants Edit
We need a list of merchants for the Fallout 3 DLC. I'm willing to provide the info, but coding is still difficult for me. We need to replicate a table similar to the one there, or at least add the DLC entries to the table, noting that they are DLC merchants. I know The Pitt and Point Look Out have merchants. The Pitt bartender merchant, located in the downtown area, is Harris. He's not available until after the player completes the Unsafe Working Conditions quest (IE the fight in The Hole). Masterdirector 08:53, April 30, 2011 (UTC)
Update: I tried adding it. It'd be nice to have the little "The Pitt" icon on there somehow, next to The Pitt (town), but it works. Masterdirector 09:02, April 30, 2011 (UTC)
Shops are not the same as merchants Edit
Sorting merchants by first listing their locations and then their shops contained there-in ignores the issue that some shops have multiple merchants. Those merchants DO NOT always share their entire inventory between them. This is the 'merchant' page, list sections should lead with the merchant info. --Xclockwatcher 05:48, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
- To which section are you refering? Currently the tables give a player the location, linked merchant names, and a note about what they sell. How would (re)moving the location help? That assumes prior knowledge on behalf of the reader.
- To use Rivet City as an example, are you suggesting each merchant be followed by a duplicated "Rivet City" link? Or no location reference at all?
- Which multiple merchants? And would an addendum to the table not suffice?
- Not trying to be difficult, I just don't clearly see how you want to change the layout. If you want to make an example table on a sandbox page, that would help explain. --FourWayDiablo(talk) 19:03, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I am referring to the Stores and Merchants Section. It inconsistently shifts between referencing shops and NPCs that sell goods. As this is the Merchant article, it should be focusing on listing who is doing the selling over the name and location of the shop. I am not implying such relevant information should be omitted, only that such things be relegated a secondary citation.
- The current list does not take into account, for example, such things as:
- Shops where there are more than one 'owner' merchant. The list as organized does not identify the associated merchants.
- Gob and Moriarty having price differences for Moriarty's Saloon.
- The Stahls offering different inventories for sale at the Brass Lantern.
- 3 of the 5 Rivet City shops on Hangar deck are run by Merchants that may be absent during business hours for one reason or another. The absence of the merchant(s) make knowing that name of, and/or where the shop is a moot point.
- Quest choices changing the inventories of the Tenpenny Tower shops.
- Readers cannot be expected to know who the shop merchants are without listing them here. The title of the page implies what readers are likely looking for. People reading this article may already be aware of the existence of the major shops but not who the NPC(s) is(are) that run it. Shops are merely the physical locations which is not the focus here. Any focus on the the shop aspect here is redundant as Fallout 3 merchants themselves are essentially a 'shop' where ever they are as long as it's during business hours.
- A better way to organize the list would be something like this:
Merchant name(Shop name if known in parenthesis), Location, Hours of operation, Inventory selection by catagory. Organizing subjects in this way also allows for a list to be sortable. As is standard in all article pages, only the first reference of a topic with it's own page needs linking. This is just quick cutty/pastey, but I think you see what I mean.
|Merchant name(Shop name)||Location Found||Business Hours||Repair Services||Medical Services||Weapons||Apparel||Aid||Misc||Ammo|
|Sample Merchant1(Shop Name)||Sample Location||12AM-12PM||yes||no||yes||yes||yes1||yes||yes|
|Sample Merchant2||Sample Location||12AM-12PM||no||yes||no||no||yes2||no||no|
- 1Food only
- 2Alcohol only
- 3Chems/Medical only
- I hope that clears things up.--Xclockwatcher 00:15, November 14, 2011 (UTC)